ADVERTISEMENT

2023-24 Big Ten MBB Discussion Thread

So OSU continues their roll taking down Neb in Columbus tonite.
Brb had RU at home then goes to Mich
Neb is 1-8 on road on BIG so even Mich could surprise them in AA.
Brb is very good at home probably handle RU but even so if Hawks did finish 11-9 in BIG would have tiebreak on Neb.

RU demolishing Mich in NJ tonite.
If Howard survives this season he has to be on hot seat next year.

NW sniper langbord did not play last nite vs MD...but NW still pulled it out. He is day to day but if he is out or hampered Iowa might have a shot at being 1st BIG team to win on Evanston.

Reactions: Mohawkeye
That coach for Ohio State is going to get a lot of looks in the Mid-major range! Makes Holtman looks like a used car salesman!

Reactions: LukaDuka
Purdue went 5-0 in neutral site non-conference games against some of the best teams in the country. Not sure why you think they are trash.
They beat: Arizona (projected 1 seed), Tennessee (2 seed), Marquette (2 seed), Alabama (3 seed) all on neutral courts. If you include Illinois, Purdue has already beat 38% of the teams that are projected to get a top-4 seed in the NCAA tournament.
Purdue is the king of winning the Nov/Dec natty.

Illini win 91-83.
Wis drop their 7th game in last 9 to go to 10-8.
Wis was 8-1 at one point in BIG..yikes...bucky fade?
They still go to PU.
I am fine with this outcome..hawks can still catch the badgers.

Reactions: Ronman
We are currently one game behind them in the standings. Unfortunately, we've got two very tough games ahead and they have Rutgers at the Kohl Center and then Purdue on the road.. We really need the Northwestern game today, but it won't be easy. And it sucks that our "Senior Day" is against a tough opponent like Illinois. Heck, we seem to lose a lot of Senior Days no matter who we play.

Minny mounting a huge rally vs PSU after falling behind by 20+.
We want gophers to win. I suppose, to get that quad 1 win back?
58-55 PSU w 7 to play.

As a side note to the Wisconsin/Illinois game, they had a halftime tribute to Howard Moore, the asst coach in 2019 who was in a horrific car crash that killed his wife and daughter.

Truly a tear jerk moment. He's wheelchair bound for life.

Who? This is the men's team... you know that right?
Are you saying Purdue doesn’t regularly make the sweet 16? I’m confused. But also not sure what the last couple years have to do with this team. Would love to hear how you think they are the same.

Are you saying Purdue doesn’t regularly make the sweet 16? I’m confused. But also not sure what the last couple years have to do with this team. Would love to hear how you think they are the same.
didn't realize this was a Purdue forum, my bad.

Is it me, or do announcers shy away from discussing Terrance Shannon during Illinois games? During the first half of the Illinois/Purdue game tonight Bardo gave a pause when talking about Shannon and "the return from his suspension", or something close to that. I assume the lawyers have told them to not mention the sexual assault charges. I don't think they need to lead with it every game, or go into detail but that is why he was suspended. You can factually state that, and move on. It isn't just Bardo tonight, it's happened several times during Illinois games.

They aren’t good.

The whole B1G is trash. Including Purdue.

Purdue will lose in the sweet 16 & will be the only B1G team to make it that far.

That’s my guess anyway.
If You Say So Wow GIF by Identity

• Haha
Reactions: TheCainer
I feared PU guards would be their demise...smith struggled mightily today and Loyer was not great but Jones was the difference.

I just do not buy Smith as all- conference quality.
Transfer portal to the rescue.
I would hate to have been a So. Illinois fan this season watching Jones and Domask and wondering what if?
Jones is from Evanston but BIG overlooked him...hawks coulda used him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT