ADVERTISEMENT

2023-24 Big Ten MBB Discussion Thread

Terrence Shannon is going to be a problem, not sure Hawks have anyone that can stay with him, zone ??

Terrence Shannon is going to be a problem, not sure Hawks have anyone that can stay with him, zone ??
Shannon is all league.
Lucky for Illini that they lost in court and were forced to un-suspend Shannon and then play him monster minutes despite his pending sexual assault case.

My all BIG team:
Edey
Shannon
Bouie
Young
Perkins

I'm biased.

Reactions: HawkHoops80
Nebby taking IU to woodshed 1st half up 51-31. Boos cascading onto the Hoosiers as they leave the floor. Kind of home performance that can get a coach fired.
We caught them on the wrong nite..they can't shoot a lick.

Shannon is all league.
Lucky for Illini that they lost in court and were forced to un-suspend Shannon and then play him monster minutes despite his pending sexual assault case.

My all BIG team:
Edey
Shannon
Bouie
Young
Perkins

I'm biased.
The first 4 are non-negotiable for me. The last spot is between Perk, Braden Smith, Domask, Storr, Walker and Garcia. Whichever one gets it, the other 5 makes up the 2nd team IMO.

I do think we end up playing a good amount of zone. They're a much worse shooting team than MSU who we just zoned somewhat successfully. Just going to be important to rebound out of--Illinois is one of the best offensive rebounding teams in the country.

Hawkins is a head case.

Just do anything that throws his mind off the job at hand and he sulks away.
PU has too much for RU at home
96-68...ouch.

Gophers handling business at home vs OSU.
69-53 w 6 minutes to go
Hawks win at Minny becomes the 3rd quad 1 win of season.

Mich/ NW is a dogfight so far...mich came out fast to lead by 10 but NW has gotten hot with 6 of 8 from arc.
Mich 34-32. 2 minutes first half.
Bouie passes shurna as NW all time scorer in his 5th year.

NW taking charge vs MICH on cat home court.
Their renovated gym plus rabid student following have created a real home court edge.
Inexplicably their only home loss was in non-conf vs Chicago st.

So, in theory they can be beaten but I do not like our chances next week.
They are the best 3 pt shooting team I have seen this year.
Bouie and Langford never seem to miss.

Reactions: WadeLookingbill
No way you lose 1st round again this year.

Most likely not.
No. Purdue had major issues last year and was over ranked by year end. It was clear their freshman hit a wall in February and the team was done. Now they have an all American caliber PG and Lance Jones instead of freshman Braden Smith.

They aren’t good.

The whole B1G is trash. Including Purdue.

Purdue will lose in the sweet 16 & will be the only B1G team to make it that far.

That’s my guess anyway.
Purdue went 5-0 in neutral site non-conference games against some of the best teams in the country. Not sure why you think they are trash.
They beat: Arizona (projected 1 seed), Tennessee (2 seed), Marquette (2 seed), Alabama (3 seed) all on neutral courts. If you include Illinois, Purdue has already beat 38% of the teams that are projected to get a top-4 seed in the NCAA tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT