ADVERTISEMENT

****2024-25 Chicago Bears Thread 🏆 ****

I really like Ryan Poles. Great move. I also like how Williams asked to break down the huddle yesterday to address the team about cleaning up their water bottles and towels because the custodians bust their asses and the players shouldn’t make their jobs more difficult. Pretty awesome.

Reactions: kkhawk

The bears might be good or decent but wont win their division. Their management and ownership still suck.

I have been a bears fan since 1960 and I keep watching them let their best players leave without getting paid in a good new contract. It goes back to them not resigning Wilbur Marshall, best defender in the league, the Halas/MaCaskey family is at tight or tighter than old man Wrigley.

For them profit is more than championships.

Iu9Oir8.jpeg

Reactions: lucas80
I like that Eberflus called out Nate Davis. Get in shape, get on the field, or get going. Davis had a tough time last year with his mother's declining health, and eventual death. The Bears were very accommodating but now it really seems like he is just trying to collect a check.

Reactions: St. Louis Hawk
I watched a little bit of today’s game, and there are a lot of things to work through, but there is promise. Taylor looked good.

I know it’s pre-season, but, wow, the Bears have some talent on the roster. I don’t know how that will translate to the regular season, but it’s refreshing to see the depth on the roster.

Still concerned about the Oline. Jenkins needs to stay healthy, need growth from both tackles and it sounds like Nate Davis is falling out of favor. Looking forward to the season and would hate to see the offense stalled again because of poor Oline play

Maybe 5 wins on their schedule

Panthers week 5
Washington week 7 (if Daniels turns out to be a stud probably not)
Patriots week 9
Vikings twice later in the year.

Maybe an upset in there somewhere.

That's probably it. Have fun, Bear down!

• Haha
Reactions: Hawked and hawkeyez
Still concerned about the Oline. Jenkins needs to stay healthy, need growth from both tackles and it sounds like Nate Davis is falling out of favor. Looking forward to the season and would hate to see the offense stalled again because of poor Oline play
I think the O-line is underrated. I think Fields made them look worse than they are. But you're right...they still need growth from the tackles and more than that, health from the guards. Dan Bernstein said it well the other day. "Davis makes it really hard to root for him."

Panthers week 5
Patriots week 9

They won 7 last year, with 2 blown late leads that would have put them in the playoffs. They are better this year than last on paper. If Williams grows throughout the season, I think they get 10 wins. They have a very talented roster at most positions. I can't remember an offense with this many playmakers in Chicago, in my lifetime.

Reactions: IANDFAN and Hawked

Panthers week 5
Patriots week 9

LOL. Are you a pessimistic Bears fan or a cheese head? Vegas has the win total at 9. Anything less than 8 wins would be an extreme disappointment. Our schedule is softer than Charmin.

They won 7 last year, with 2 blown late leads that would have put them in the playoffs. They are better this year than last on paper. If Williams grows throughout the season, I think they get 10 wins. They have a very talented roster at most positions. I can't remember an offense with this many playmakers in Chicago, in my lifetime.
I watch the NFL every week I know how many games they won last year. That was last year. They are not getting 10 wins with that schedule. Maybe get one vs the Titans or Rams? Not easy games though.

LOL. Are you a pessimistic Bears fan or a cheese head? Vegas has the win total at 9. Anything less than 8

wins would be an extreme disappointment. Our schedule is softer than Charmin.

Neither. Washington fan. I do pull for the Bears in the midwest. But don't have a good feeling for them this year. Lions and Packers are going to be really good.

icegif-1075.gif

Reactions: hawkeyez
I watch the NFL every week I know how many games they won last year. That was last year. They are not getting 10 wins with that schedule. Maybe get one vs the Titans or Rams? Not easy games though.
Ok. The Bears went 1-1 against Detroit last year and SHOULD have been 2-0. Until they prove they can beat Green Bay, though, I have no faith against them. It's been 30 years of ass kickings there. The rest, we will see. I'm just telling you the roster is better and deeper. I would be shocked if they only got 5 wins. It means Caleb couldn't play OR they had a ton of injuries at key positions.

Reactions: beanerhawk
The biggest cheat code in the NFL is having a good to great QB on a rookie contract. If Caleb can be a top 15 QB, the Bears will have a good season. Sure, there will be some growing pains and rookie mistakes, but this roster is loaded with talent. The defense is stacked, the skill positions on offense are elite, and we've got the best punter in the world ;)

• Love
Reactions: darylhawk
Ok. The Bears went 1-1 against Detroit last year and SHOULD have been 2-0. Until they prove they can beat Green Bay, though, I have no faith against them. It's been 30 years of ass kickings there. The rest, we will see. I'm just telling you the roster is better and deeper. I would be shocked if they only got 5 wins. It means Caleb couldn't play OR they had a ton of injuries at key positions.
I missed the Cardinals. Their schedule is not as easy as people are saying is really what I'm saying. Texans, Colts in back to back weeks on the road. Those are really tough games.

You didn't say 10, you said 5 which is dumb and ridiculous. They won 7 last year with far more holes than they have now.

Agreed completely. I love our depth at db, wr, rb, qb, even lb but both lines are thin and lack top end talent outside of Sweat. I'm really surprised given his background Poles hasn't been more assertive building the trenches.

What do you think is more likely, 5 or 10?
More likely, 5. I don't see 10 wins on their schedule. If I'm being 100% honest and not just dicking around I think they get 7 or 8 wins. Arizona and the Titans are games they could get.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT