ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official DNC Convention 2024 thread*****

You see it as "obstruction", I see it as a "check".

She also is on record favoring getting rid of the filibuster...I don't want to see that.
There’s a fine line between checking a president and obstructing. If you think Republicans actually wanted to make a deal on something I’d be all for that. But that’s not what they’ve done and you know it.
Once again...I think you'll sing a different tune if Trump wins. I have no problem with congress "obstructing" crap policy no natter who's president.
here’s the thing - we already know how Trump will behave; he was absolutely unwilling to negotiate unless he absolutely had to, such as with the budget. His attempt to repeal the ACA engaged zero democrats who might have been willing to at least talk.

If you listened to her speech she was pretty specific in wanting to pass the bipartisan border bill Trump quashed
Trump didn't quash anything... he's not in power, he's nothing... if the bill was any good it would have passed. The bill was a bail out game of chicken from the democrats who left the border open for 3.5 years like Adam Shada playing CB. If the R' s went along the dems get the win for passing a new border policy, and if the Rs pass, the dems get to blame the R's and Trump... in the end it was a win-win deal for the Dems who with the help of the lying ass media were able to flip the narrative at the border.

Of course if you believe the reports all of a sudden all the border crossings have stopped, it's the lowest it's been in like a decade. So why the need to pass new legislation or blame Trump at this point?

It was a good speech. I'd just like to hear her unscripted expanding upon what she believes.

She's flipped on a lot of her 2020 campaign stuff...and I'm not a fan of her "price gouging" solution that she's proposed this time. We won't get it, but it'd be nice to hear her in a long form interview being asked serious questions or an actual press conference being asked tough questions. I have a feeling whatever interview she does will be pretty "friendly".

She has talent and isn't a dummy....I'm just not sold on her pivot to the middle being authentic. I don't know if the real Harris is the 2020 one or this one in short...
It's not a pivot, the progressive bit in 2020 was a pivot. As someone who has voted for and against her in CA she was never a true progressive and always more of a moderate. She was a DA for fuqs sake.

Trump didn't quash anything... he's not in power, he's nothing... if the bill was any good it would have passed. The bill was a bail out game of chicken from the democrats who left the border open for 3.5 years like Adam Shada playing CB. If the R' s went along the dems get the win for passing a new border policy, and if the Rs pass, the dems get to blame the R's and Trump... in the end it was a win-win deal for the Dems who with the help of the lying ass media were able to flip the narrative at the border.

Of course if you believe the reports all of a sudden all the border crossings have stopped, it's the lowest it's been in like a decade. So why the need to pass new legislation or blame Trump at this point?
Trump made it very clear he didn’t want republicans to support the bill because he wanted it as a campaign issue. Arguable I suppose if there were enough votes from republicans to get it passed; but his opposition to it was the killing blow. Many republicans publicly commented on that.

Reactions: RileyHawk

Spin it however you like, Trumps tiny hands were all over it.

There’s a fine line between checking a president and obstructing. If you think Republicans actually wanted to make a deal on something I’d be all for that. But that’s not what they’ve done and you know it.

here’s the thing - we already know how Trump will behave; he was absolutely unwilling to negotiate unless he absolutely had to, such as with the budget. His attempt to repeal the ACA engaged zero democrats who might have been willing to at least talk.
The attempt to repeal the ACA didn't get republican support either due to it's popularity. The only major bill he got passed was the tax cut for corporations and the wealthy. A stimulus for the rich.

Trump made it very clear he didn’t want republicans to support the bill because he wanted it as a campaign issue. Arguable I suppose if there were enough votes from republicans to get it passed; but his opposition to it was the killing blow. Many republicans publicly commented on that.
So we have a bunch of feckless leaders. I am more than willing to blame Trump for the dumb shit he says and does, but let's have a moment of real honesty... neither side REALLY wanted to pass a border bill.

It's not wrong, if we had REAL leadership, Biden would have signed some executive orders as a bandaid much earlier while a real bi partisan deal got worked out before Trump could try to use it as a political weapon. OR Biden could have not undone all of Trump's policies day 1.
It's wrong.

Something that will help you - you're constantly wrong. If you learn that you can avoid looking foolish so often.

Reactions: GOHOX69
There is no reasoning with you because you lack reason. You are a brainwashed rube and prove that over and over again.
I have admitted when I am wrong. You seem to think because I don't agree with your point of view i am brain washed... no we simply disagree, I am just attempting to do it more respectfully than you are.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
So we have a bunch of feckless leaders. I am more than willing to blame Trump for the dumb shit he says and does, but let's have a moment of real honesty... neither side REALLY wanted to pass a border bill.
You’re right. Biden and comjust engaged with the the second-most conservative republican to fashion a border bill that both could live with, but sure, they didn’t want to.

Trump's destructive trade war with China has permanently severely damaged the American farmer.
After Trump's tariff blitz China went to South America ( Brazil/Argentina) to fill their grain needs which greatly accelerated those market's expansion.
Now with a looming big US crop prices have plummeted as sales to the # 1 customer has dwindled to next to nothing. China has gone away and they ain't coming back.
Only a 4 year drought has supported prices til this year.
Of course Trump tried to keep farmers in the fold by going them 34 billion in taxpayer money with his " market facilitation program".

Just one example of Trump's disastrous policies.
One of many.

You’re right. Biden and comjust engaged with the the second-most conservative republican to fashion a border bill that both could live with, but sure, they didn’t want to.
In my opinion no. The left claimed there was no border issue for three years. Then when RDS started flying migrants to Martha's vineyard, NYC, etc and the issue started to hit home for them, and the media started to report the issues... the dems all of a sudden acknowledged there was an issue. But they were in charge, so they needed a way to flip the script.

So they decide let's actually sit down with the Rs and find a solution to the problem they didn't create, but they did ignore and deny.

Republicans want the border issue as part of the election, but would the dems be willing to agree to the exact same deal with Trump in office? Hell to the no.

I have admitted when I am wrong. You seem to think because I don't agree with your point of view i am brain washed... no we simply disagree, I am just attempting to do it more respectfully than you are.
There's nothing to respect in your cult like support of the right wing and Trump.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT