ADVERTISEMENT

****2024-25 Chicago Bears Thread 📈****

More likely, 5. I don't see 10 wins on their schedule. If I'm being 100% honest and not just dicking around I think they get 7 or 8 wins. Arizona and the Titans are games they could get.
So you're thinking 7 or 8, not really 5 then. That's reasonable. 5 would mean pretty major regression, on an easier schedule, which just doesn't seem likely at all.
If I had to bet I'd say 9 but to me 10 is very reasonable
Wins vs -
Titans (first yr head coach, shitty qb, wr1 injured, only won 6 games ly)
Colts or Jags (they should win 1 of these)
Panthers
Commanders
Cardinals
Patriots (arguably the 4 worst teams in NFL in 4 straight weeks)
Vikings x 2
Lions at home
Seahawks at home

And just like always in the NFL they'll likely win 1-2 they shouldn't and lose 1-2 they shouldn't.

Reactions: beanerhawk
This is a hell of a trade and more than depth IMO. I think he eventually starts opposite sweat, if not week 1. Pretty solid stats and on a rookie contract (copied below from a link)

New #Bears edge rusher Darrell Taylor:• 21.5 sacks in last 3 years• 90 pressures in time with Seattle• 34 total QB hits• 2 missed games in 3 years• Still just 27 years oldFor a sixth-round pick, that’s pretty damn good value.

This is a hell of a trade and more than depth IMO. I think he eventually starts opposite sweat, if not week 1. Pretty solid stats and on a rookie contract (copied below from a link)

New #Bears edge rusher Darrell Taylor:• 21.5 sacks in last 3 years• 90 pressures in time with Seattle• 34 total QB hits• 2 missed games in 3 years• Still just 27 years oldFor a sixth-round pick, that’s pretty damn good value.
Austin Booker looks like the real deal too. I think between Booker, Walker and now Taylor, they may be okay at edge opposite the Beast. Billings and Dexter are good in the middle... still probably could use another body in the middle but the defense is looking to be really really good

Reactions: lucas80 and hawkjt
Austin Booker looks like the real deal too. I think between Booker, Walker and now Taylor, they may be okay at edge opposite the Beast. Billings and Dexter are good in the middle... still probably could use another body in the middle but the defense is looking to be really really good
Agreed. This also allows them to move Walker inside more often. Hopefully Pickens holds his own as well.

Reactions: Bro D
Booker has looked great so far.
If they can pressure the QB they can win 10+ games. Eber has that defense cooking.
Caleb can match strouds rookie season.
Bears will make playoffs.

• Love
Reactions: Bro D
Meh. Depth. I’d rather have Poles add some o-line depth but he’s out there trying.
I think they have decent oline depth. Better than the last couple years. Dline needs more help. How bad is Pickens’ injury??

Brett Rypien gets cut. So, they are going with 2 QBs, and a practice squad guy.
Does Velus Jones survive the day?

Velus is one of the big questions. I think they cut him.
Welp, I was definitely wrong on this thought. When he was the 3rd back to get carries last game, when the top 3 weren't even playing, really made me think he was done.

Bears Williams GIF by The Undroppables

Caleb Williams isn’t a football player. He would rather be an activist for social causes.

If Caleb ends up being a bust I think I will finally be done with Chicago. I can’t do 3 first round bust QBs in a row.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT