ADVERTISEMENT

2024 B1G Schedule now has Dates. Sep 21 at Minn; Oct 5 at OSU; Oct 12 vs Washington; Nov 2 vs Wisc; Nov 9 at UCLA; Nov 29 vs Debbie

Iowa's Conference Schedule:

9/21- @ Minnesota

9/28-BYE

10/5- @ Ohio State

10/12- Washington

10/19- @ Michigan State

10/26- Northwestern

11/2- Wisconsin

11/9- @ UCLA

11/16-BYE

11/23- @ Maryland

11/29- Nebraska (Black Friday)
My early spitball of the schedule without knowledge of portal defections and additions gives me an Iowa record of 6-3. The Maryland trip and games against them have not seemed too tough as they do not play as tough of defense and Tua gone.

I have the 3 losses being OSU, Wash, and UCLA. The 6 wins will not be easy and probably slogs through the dirt and mud of Hawk football. If Iowa bad at OLine and QB again then all bets are off.

If I read that correctly Iowa loses Ill and Purdue from the old west division and picks up UCLA and Washington. Some guys think we only play 1 or 2 of the west coast teams each year. We also drop some of the old west division teams also.

I like our slate.
Washington and Maryland lose stud QBs after this year.
At UCLA in November(hopefully after a bye) gives our players a warm weather game late.
OSU is tough but PSU was tough this year so comparable.
This slate eases us into the new BIG
Spoken like a true Hawk fan. Please give us another easy schedule.

I don't get it, we only have 4/9 home games and we are at Ohio State, and weren't we last AT Ohio State?

Ohio State has 5/9 at home. How about them having 4/9 instead of us thus keeping the rotation fair?

someone needs to tell Iowa Football that they are playing Debbie on Fri Nov 29 and not Sat Nov 30.

this is what they tweeted out (and then deleted the tweet)

F99Ete-XcAA3J7c

That could had been much worse. Easily, the weakest schedule of al, the Big 10. But that’s needed.

I don't get it, we only have 4/9 home games and we are at Ohio State, and weren't we last AT Ohio State?

Ohio State has 5/9 at home. How about them having 4/9 instead of us thus keeping the rotation fair?
next year we will have 4 B1G home games + 2 nonconf home games + 5 B1G road games + Clown U

since the B1G is adding 4 teams for 2024, I think the B1G started with a clean slate and tried to make it as equitable as possible (even though we play at OSU again)

7 Home games:
IL State
Iowa State
Troy
Washington
N'w
Wisconsin
Debbie

5 Away Games:
Minny
OSU
MSU
UCLA
Maryland

Last edited:

If you havent noticed over the last 10-15 years or whenever the Big 10 went to a 9 game schedule that every other year Iowa has 4 Big 10 home games and that same year they play ISU at Kinnick to give the fans 5 P5 opponents out of 7 games. The other year of the every other year pattern the Hawks have 5 Big 10 home games and then 2 of the lower tier non conf opponents.

This has been going on for years. It is one reason I would like to see the Big 10 go to a 10 game schedule with 18 teams and probalby 20 teams in the league. It evens out the home and away schedule between the teams.

next year we will have 5 B1G home games + 2 nonconf home games + 4 B1G road games + Clown U

since the B1G is adding 4 teams for 2024, I think the B1G started with a clean slate and tried to make it as equitable as possible (even though we play at OSU again)
You mean in 2025. I'll ask this and see if you know the answer- Will the BIG take 2024 schedule and flip it so road games are home games and vice versa in 2025? Or are they going to randomize a schedule for 2025?

I suppose if the BIG adds a couple of more teams everything goes back in the hopper and we'll have a totally different sched.

You mean in 2025.

Yeah, sorry, I butchered that post.

7 Home games for 2024:
IL State
Iowa State
Troy
Washington
N'w
Wisconsin
Debbie

5 Away Games for 2024:
Minny
OSU
MSU
UCLA
Maryland

I'll ask this and see if you know the answer- Will the BIG take 2024 schedule and flip it so road games are home games and vice versa in 2025? Or are they going to randomize a schedule for 2025?

I suppose if the BIG adds a couple of more teams everything goes back in the hopper and we'll have a totally different sched.

Here's our B1G opponents thru 2028. A story from Oct 5 from KCCI is linked at the end of this post.

Iowa will play Nebraska, Minnesota and Wisconsin every year as part of the league's "guaranteed annual protected matchups."

The full announcement from the B1G and schedules for every B1G team through 2028 can be found here:

2024 Iowa football B1G schedule

Home:

• Nebraska
  • Northwestern
  • Washington
  • Wisconsin
Away:

• Maryland
  • Michigan State
  • Minnesota
  • Ohio State
  • UCLA

2025 Iowa football B1G schedule

Home:

• Indiana
  • Michigan State
  • Minnesota
  • Oregon
  • Penn State
Away:

• Nebraska
  • Rutgers
  • USC
  • Wisconsin

2026 Iowa football B1G schedule

Home:

• Nebraska
  • Ohio State
  • Purdue
  • Wisconsin
Away:

• Illinois
  • Michigan
  • Minnesota
  • Northwestern
  • Washington

2027 Iowa football B1G schedule

Home:

• Maryland
  • Michigan
  • Minnesota
  • UCLA
  • USC
Away:

• Indiana
  • Nebraska
  • Oregon
  • Wisconsin

2028 Iowa football B1G schedule

Home:

• Illinois
  • Nebraska
  • Rutgers
  • Wisconsin
Away:

• Michigan State
  • Minnesota
  • Penn State
  • Purdue
  • USC

Last edited:
Yeah, sorry, I butchered that post.

7 Home games for 2024:
IL State
Iowa State
Troy
Washington
N'w
Wisconsin
Debbie

5 Away Games for 2024:
Minny
OSU
MSU
UCLA
Maryland

Here's our B1G opponents thru 2028. A story from Oct 5 from KCCI is linked at the end of this post.

Iowa will play Nebraska, Minnesota and Wisconsin every year as part of the league's "guaranteed annual protected matchups."

The full announcement from the B1G and schedules for every B1G team through 2028 can be found here:

2024 Iowa football B1G schedule

Home:

• Nebraska
  • Northwestern
  • Washington
  • Wisconsin
Away:

• Maryland
  • Michigan State
  • Minnesota
  • Ohio State
  • UCLA

2025 Iowa football B1G schedule

Home:

• Indiana
  • Michigan State
  • Minnesota
  • Oregon
  • Penn State
Away:

• Nebraska
  • Rutgers
  • USC
  • Wisconsin

2026 Iowa football B1G schedule

Home:

• Nebraska
  • Ohio State
  • Purdue
  • Wisconsin
Away:

• Illinois
  • Michigan
  • Minnesota
  • Northwestern
  • Washington

2027 Iowa football B1G schedule

Home:

• Maryland
  • Michigan
  • Minnesota
  • UCLA
  • USC
Away:

• Indiana
  • Nebraska
  • Oregon
  • Wisconsin

2028 Iowa football B1G schedule

Home:

• Illinois
  • Nebraska
  • Rutgers
  • Wisconsin
Away:

• Michigan State
  • Minnesota
  • Penn State
  • Purdue
  • USC

Holy crap. I hadn't realized they did the schedules that far out. Answers my question. Also, I'd be willing to bet that those get tossed when the BIG adds more teams.

Reactions: Franisdaman
Holy crap. I hadn't realized they did the schedules that far out. Answers my question. Also, I'd be willing to bet that those get tossed when the BIG adds more teams.

it will be interesting to see who ends up being "the 2 best teams" in 2024 that play for the B1G Championship

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT