ADVERTISEMENT

2025 MBB Recruiting Thread

No, I don't believe Brock will ever see the NBA, and since you have little faith in his ability to lead Iowa, I guess it will be up to Harding to do the convincing.
I don't know if you were taking a crap when Brock was on the floor last year, but evidently you were amongst the few that didn't see Iowa's offense ran smother and was more efficient when he was in the game. That's OK In 3 months you'll have that opportunity to witness how good he is.
You're just making yourself the stupid ignorant old man that can't see greatness. 3 months to see who is right, my optimum or your negativity. Can't wait to find out the end result. Mike Drop!
First of all, it's mic drop. There is no "mike" in microphone. In a war based on intellect you're proving to be unarmed.

I know I've seen him often dribble dribble dribble, get trapped and not move the ball around in a motion offense. I know I've seen him let his man blow by him and try to reach around and swiped the ball away & gamble on defense, meanwhile our stud freshman center was covering a two on one & getting into foul trouble. I know I've seen other teams take advantage of his size as soon as he enters the game.

He has his warts & you have your blinders on. But then again you think Riley Mulvey is going to play significant minutes and Traore won't. Much like Brock & Riley do, I rest my case.

a different world i rest my case GIF

With fans like you, and I say that loosely, why in heck would any recruit come to Iowa that doesn't have connections to the Iowa program or to Fran. They can read too, you know.
You and your Fran haters continue to rail on Fran to leave or retire because he has not fulfilled your Iowa post season fancies yet in taking Iowa to the 2nd week of the NCAA tournament, boo hoo.
Now when it's apparent that Fran has no desire to retire at this time you and others on here, turn on the players hoping they fail and not contribute to a potentially successful year, and I'm saying POTENTIALLY, in hopes that forces Fran to retire or leave.
I understand we live in America and free speech and all, but your agenda is getting old and if I was a recruit why in heck would I want to come to Iowa with crappy fans like you.
Me, I'm 76 years old at the end of August, I can take the criticism for my point of view, so bring it on.
If you have posted on this board before as I have everyone has at one time or another been critical of players, usually it's during the season and that's understandable, but not before a season has even started, that's BS.

"...because he has not fulfilled your Iowa post season fancies yet in taking Iowa to the 2nd week of the NCAA tournament, boo hoo."

Boo hoo?

If you honestly believe that ZERO Sweet 16 appearances in 25 YEARS is acceptable, then you're kind of "fan" that coaches love: Low expectations.

Iowa men's basketball fans are correct to assume that their team should be able win just two games in an NCAA Tourney more than once a quarter-century.

Enjoy your criticism.

Reactions: LukaDuka
No, I don't believe Brock will ever see the NBA, and since you have little faith in his ability to lead Iowa, I guess it will be up to Harding to do the convincing.
I don't know if you were taking a crap when Brock was on the floor last year, but evidently you were amongst the few that didn't see Iowa's offense ran smother and was more efficient when he was in the game. That's OK In 3 months you'll have that opportunity to witness how good he is.
You're just making yourself the stupid ignorant old man that can't see greatness. 3 months to see who is right, my optimum or your negativity. Can't wait to find out the end result. Mike Drop!
Is Mike okay? You may have hurt him when you dropped him.

• Haha
Reactions: LukaDuka
First of all, it's mic drop. There is no "mike" in microphone. In a war based on intellect you're proving to be unarmed.

I know I've seen him often dribble dribble dribble, get trapped and not move the ball around in a motion offense. I know I've seen him let his man blow by him and try to reach around and swiped the ball away & gamble on defense, meanwhile our stud freshman center was covering a two on one & getting into foul trouble. I know I've seen other teams take advantage of his size as soon as he enters the game.

He has his warts & you have your blinders on. But then again you think Riley Mulvey is going to play significant minutes and Traore won't. Much like Brock & Riley do, I rest my case.

a different world i rest my case GIF
In order to hopefully stop the back and forth, I'll weigh in on Harding. I think he is somewhere between what Ill and Luka are suggesting. He clearly is a really good ballhandler, who sees the court well and will help the offense flow, He will deliver dimes to guys who can shoot or move well without the ball. If he shows he can hit 3s, it will help. On defense, Harding has good energy and pretty good quickness (better overall than JBo, as a comp), but his size does put him at a disadvantage that smart players and coaches will figure out how to take advantage of. I expect Thelwell to start at PG, mostly because he has experience and has shown that he is a team leader, but I wouldn't be surprised if Harding gets almost as many minutes at PG, with Thelwell getting some minutes at the 2. We need both of them, because Dix is a much better off guard.

Anything interesting about Frost see he only has two OV. One with PSU and this weekend with Iowa. Fall back recruit or take him if he commits?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT