ADVERTISEMENT

39-24 over final 14:08

Eternal Return

HR Heisman
Oct 15, 2009
Not one substitution for Bohannon during that time and, for God knows what reason, Connor was on the court for a lot of that time. It should be simple to right the ship: play Joe T, Perkins, and Ulis for more than half of Bohannon's minutes and all or nearly all of Connor's minutes. And yet, I have zero faith that this will happen. I believe Fran will ride JBo and Connor the rest of the year as if they are just as important as Garza.

Reactions: wbrhawkeye
Connor has the toughness and play making ability this team needs. The problem is, he has played pretty poorly over the last three games.

Reactions: Moral
I’ll put this here since the other thread was deleted.

Hawks up one when Connor enters with 5:10 left in the first half. Hawks led by three at half. Hawks up four when Connor exits at 12:57. During that time Iowa’s lead climbed to 11 when Garza, Bohannon, and Wieskamp all chucked up three point attempts early in the shot clock. Meanwhile, OSU hit theirs and got back in the game quickly.

Connor comes back in at the 8:10 mark in the 2nd, with Iowa down one. In that five (roughly) minute span Connor sat, Iowa was -5 including the lead.

Connor has the toughness and play making ability this team needs. The problem is, he has played pretty poorly over the last three games.

JoeT not tough?

CMAC toughness doesn't matter if there are 10 wide open 3pt shots per game and iowa's guards can't stop dribble drive.

I see lack of lateral quickness as primary problem with starters and and 3 guys are not good at defense. CMAC can't guard the opposing PF because he is undersized, Garza has footspeed issues but puts in big effort, JBO lacks footspeed and size to be good defender. He also seems to not be trying as hard as he could on defense.

Connor has a very little play making ability or are trying to say something other than play making? Connor's greatest attribute is his willingness to feed the post. His post passes are by far his greatest offensive option but he is failing at that recently as well. He offers little rebounding as an undersized 4 and is the 2nd weakest defender behind Bohannon. CMac's minutes need to drop dramatically tomorrow.

Reactions: kcgolfer
I’ll put this here since the other thread was deleted.

Hawks up one when Connor enters with 5:10 left in the first half. Hawks led by three at half. Hawks up four when Connor exits at 12:57. During that time Iowa’s lead climbed to 11 when Garza, Bohannon, and Wieskamp all chucked up three point attempts early in the shot clock. Meanwhile, OSU hit theirs and got back in the game quickly.

Connor comes back in at the 8:10 mark in the 2nd, with Iowa down one. In that five (roughly) minute span Connor sat, Iowa was -5 including the lead.
Iowa did indeed Chuck up some quick 3's early in the shot clock when they got up ten. I think they were "feeling it", and they weren't bad shots per say, they just didn't go in. Unfortunately fOSU was making theirs and next thing ya know ol Jed's a millionaire (or something to that effect).

Its so frustrating to watch game after game where the same things happen. Its obvious that Fran does not care about defense at all. Iowa's defense on the perimeter consists of 'stay about 5 feet in front of the guy and get a hand in their face when the other team launches countless 3 point shots'. Its the same thing throughout every game.

Fran is obsessed with scoring, its the only thing he cares about no matter what he says. He is perfectly happy winning a game 98-94 and if they lose 98-94, he's obviously not happy but just seems to take a loss like that in stride. The last 3 losses their opponent has scored over 80 points and nothing changes.

He's in a weird situation. He cant shake up the starting lineup because the 2 top candidates to be replaced are his son and his 5th year senior who he loves because he shoots a lot of 3s and like I said 'Fran is obsessed with scoring'.

Whether its the Big10 tournament or March madness this year, this team will get booted out by losing games where their opponents will score in the 80s or 90s....just watch.

tenor.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT