ADVERTISEMENT

4/30 Severe weather threat

Colonoscopy

HR Legend
Feb 20, 2022
Saint Louis, Mo
Western Iowa looks to be under the gun for supercells today. Early on there may be a tornado threat before a transition to a more linear storm mode. High winds and large hail will be a threat into the evening hours.

Good shot the DSM Metro may be under the gun this evening.

Storms may make it all the way to the 380 corridor later this evening. Possibly still severe.

Latest high-res HRRR run shows a bowing/derecho type structure hitting DSM at 01z today. (8pm)
(based on this run a high wind event is possibly from DSM to CR/IC along 80 corridor)

More isolated supercells further south into Missouri.

(link shows radar simulation)

This is what happens when you google Radar Boob's, hope it helps.
resize

Sioux City area just got rain and thunder. Nothing crazy. Last I looked another cell moves in about 3-4 PM. Lucky to have the day off today. On the porch with a beverage sounds great this evening

Reactions: McLovin32
Western Iowa looks to be under the gun for supercells today. Early on there may be a tornado threat before a transition to a more linear storm mode. High winds and large hail will be a threat into the evening hours.

Good shot the DSM Metro may be under the gun this evening.

Storms may make it all the way to the 380 corridor later this evening. Possibly still severe.
God takes aim!
Sinners and Republicans….Beware! 🤑

Latest high-res HRRR run shows a bowing/derecho type structure hitting DSM at 01z today. (8pm)
(based on this run a high wind event is possibly from DSM to CR/IC along 80 corridor)

I just hope we get the volume of rain they think the whole state might get through Friday.

But, yeah. Could get mighty bumpy on the western side of the state (again). As for the I380 area...no derechos, please. Been there, done that.

Sheesh. Don't see purple on NWS radar very much.

Get your vehicles indoors, folks!

Wasn't sure where to post this so I just chose here as it's related.

This video is from a storm chaser at night in Oklahoma, I believe.

For any of you who love storm chasing, I would recommend watching Netflix's documentary Earthstorm, which includes actual film footage from various storm chasers of the largest EF5 tornado ever, the El Reno tornado in Oklahoma in May of 2013. It had winds of about 300 mph and a multiple vortices cyclone of 2.6 miles wide. There is one illustration of a map showing the dozens of storm chasers and their whereabouts in relation to the storm itself. Three storm chasers were actually killed in this storm when it made an abrupt change in its track. The documentary also follows other tornados of recent years, including the EF4 that hit Mayfield, KY in December of 2021, which I believe, actually has a thread in the HORT archives.

Here is the trailer.

For any of you who love storm chasing, I would recommend watching Netflix's documentary Earthstorm, which includes actual film footage from various storm chasers of the largest EF5 tornado ever, the El Reno tornado in Oklahoma in May of 2013. It had winds of about 300 mph and a multiple vortices cyclone of 2.6 miles wide. There is one illustration of a map showing the dozens of storm chasers and their whereabouts in relation to the storm itself. Three storm chasers were actually killed in this storm when it made an abrupt change in its track. The documentary also follows other tornados of recent years, including the EF4 that hit Mayfield, KY in December of 2021, which I believe, actually has a thread in the HORT archives.

Here is the trailer.

Chased that storm and watched it touch down. Massive evil supercell. Here's a pano I took shortly before it put down the first tornado near El Reno:

1404563_10200487301693309_312673594_o.jpg

Chased that storm and watched it touch down. Massive evil supercell. Here's a pano I took shortly before it put down the first tornado near El Reno:

1404563_10200487301693309_312673594_o.jpg
Were you trailing that storm? The map on Netflix shows chasers all around the storm.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT