ADVERTISEMENT

Severe Weather 4/25 - 4/28

Real interested to see if these things are going to hold up until they get to Des Moines.

I give weather personalities shit all the time about how they never get the forecast right. They absolutely nailed this today as they have been talking about severe weather all week.
I was thinking that same thing. I think the first I heard about a severe weather outbreak today was last Saturday. They've been watching this one for a long time.

Reactions: HawkeyeShawn
Had a flight in from Denver that is landing in the next 20 mins. I didn't want to risk a cancellation, so I jumped the 10:35 this morning and was home by 2PM. It was still bumpy coming into Iowa

Yeah of course as soon as I posted that, a tornado warning gets issued for dsm

Sirens going off a second time

Is the idea these things are fizzling out as they track east through the night because the whole losing steam idea doesn't seem to be holding.

Reactions: McLovin32
dang, if that rolls through West Des Moines like they're saying that's going to be a disaster

Sounds like a very large tornado on the ground near SE Polk high school headed towards Altoona.

holy-shit-damn.gif

Reactions: 3boysmom and SSG T
KCCI is saying the rotation around Mitchellville and Colfax is weakening.

But it's currently pouring and tons of thnuder/lightning.

EDIT - they just canceled our Tornado Warning

I know people like to joke about the Omaha mayor never being in town, but it's pretty crazy that it's 10pm and she hasn't said anything at all today.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT