ADVERTISEMENT

#5 Illinois vs #2 Baylor game thread

Hey, if we win and then Baylor beats the ‘Zags, you might slide into #1! Haha. However, it wouldn’t be crazy for us to leapfrog into that slot with all those results, either. Very nervous!

Love these early season OOC matchups vs conference title contenders. Really gives these late November/early December games that late March 'NCAA Tourney Sweet16/Elite8' feel to them.

Reactions: wilson reborn
Kinda surprised that they didn't force Beshanizvili out over there in Champaign. He's not even a passable backup to Cockburn.

Even if the Illini lose this game, it won't put much of a dent in our SOS, unless they get blown out and completely collapse, which I highly doubt.

Kinda surprised that they didn't force Beshanizvili out over there in Champaign. He's not even a passable backup to Cockburn.

Bsehaniz however you spell it....He's got some post moves whereas Cockburn is mostly a dunker.

MIller looks like he can score. I'm less impressed with the Illini after seeing them than what I feared. Four guards and Cockburn, they don't have much of an inside game other than Cockburn lob dunk or rebound putback dunk.

Illini obviously better than iowa a defense but not close to iowa with Garza inside game and Iowa shooters and Iowa versatility. MSU looks like more of a B1G threat to me, but Illini have lot of young guys and can improve a lot.

Baylor will win this going away.

Illinois has the deepest potential guards in the B1G. I don’t think it’s really even close but they are turning the ball over way too much right now.

Baylor is incredibly athletic. They’ll get it dialed in this half and get it done convincingly.

Scott Drew is dirty AF.

Reactions: HawkInLRock
Off topic, but Missouri beat #21 Oregon, 83-74, in Omaha (on Creighton's home floor).

There are a lot of people who think the post game is outdated, but this game shows the value. All the guards are great defensively and the driving lanes aren’t there, even for a guy like Ayo. OK players like Frazier are simply overmatched against this defense.

My biggest concern actually is I don’t know if Georgi will play much in the 2nd. I know Kofi is the big name, but I don’t know if he has enough post scoring feel.

Ayo Dosunmo a total nonfactor so far. 1 bucket and more misses in 1 half than Garza has on the season.

And Cockburn with only 2 and yet they’re only down by 1 to the #2 team in the land.

Scott Drew is dirty AF.

Last edited:
Illinois is losing by double digits now? Oh, how sad...

tenor.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT