ADVERTISEMENT

5 more IOWA games on Peacock

Last night I thought I had a link for the Wisconsin women's game at #2 Iowa but all it did was buffer. Luckily this was not a must see game. This is the first time that's happened. Hopefully, moving forward, I will have a working link for those who need it. I know it's just $12 (for Jan and Feb) IF you remember to cancel the subscription. At the same time, several people have expressed that they are sick of paying $10/month for BTN Plus, $6/month for Peacock and other monthly fees for other streaming services on top of their already expensive TV bill.

Upcoming IOWA Women's games on Peacock:
Wed Jan 31 at N'western
Thur Feb 15 vs Michigan
Thur Feb 22 at Indiana
Wed Feb 28 at Minnesota

Upcoming IOWA Men's game on Peacock:
Tues Feb 20 at Michigan State
It happens all the time. I was watching an Iowa football game and the game was over and I was still watching it on Peacock. Unfortunately, I saw the final score before it was over.

Please feel free to correct me, but don't networks have the option to "elevate" these games to a national broadcast? For instance, couldn't NBC grab the UI v IU game and put that on NBC/FS1 instead of Peacock?

I believe ABC/CBS whomever is doing that for the OSU game.

Reactions: ichawk24
Please feel free to correct me, but don't networks have the option to "elevate" these games to a national broadcast? For instance, couldn't NBC grab the UI v IU game and put that on NBC/FS1 instead of Peacock?

I'm sure NBC could shift a Peacock game to NBC. Everyone in the game would want that to happen.

It depends on which network has the rights to the the game. NBC paid hundreds of millions to be able to broadcast B1G games on Peacock and would have to decide whether or not to move any game from Peacock to NBC TV.

As I mentioned earlier, the Dolphins at Chiefs playoff game last weekend was on Peacock and more than 23 million people tuned in. The game was the largest live streamed event in U.S. history. See linked story below.

What's interesting is that NBC decided to have Caitlin and the Iowa women leading into Sunday's NFL game.

Here's the NBC TV schedule this Sunday:

11:00 am - 1:00 pm CT: #2 Iowa women at #18 Ohio State

1:00 pm - 2:00 pm CT: NFL pregame

2:00 pm - 5:30 pm CT: Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Detroit Lions

I think they will make so she breaks the record at Carver.

Yes, I do think Lisa and company will do whatever they can to make it happen at home.

Caitlin needs 222 points to break the NCAA record.

As long as Caitlin scores 32 ppg over the next 7 games she'll break the record at Carver on Thur Feb 15. That game is on Peacock, of course. :(

Here's the 4 game sequence where the record will be broken:

Sun Feb 11 at Nebraska (37 ppg x 6 games = 222)
Thur Feb 15 vs Michigan (31.7 ppg x 7 games = 222)
Thur Feb 22 at Indiana (27.8 ppg x 8 games = 222)
Sun Feb 25 vs Illinois (24.7 ppg x 9 games = 222)

• Love
Reactions: HIWILLE
Michigan game I take it? Surely not the Illinois game?

If I were Lisa, I would let CC get her 32 points/game for the next 7 games so that she breaks the NCAA record at home.

Thur Feb 15, at home vs Michigan would be 7 games from now: 31.7 ppg x 7 games = the 222 points needed to break the NCAA Scoring Record.

Last edited:
As some already have mentioned - I too have been getting Peacock / Paramount / Hulu renewed around Black Friday each year. Peacock was $19.99 for the year and Hulu is $0.99 per month. Much, much, cheaper streaming than using Cable IMHO. I don’t see Cable surviving long term unless they drastically cut their monthly fees at some point ….😎

Hate the 'Cock!

Upcoming IOWA Women's games on Peacock:
Wed Jan 31 at N'western
Thur Feb 15 vs Michigan
Thur Feb 22 at Indiana
Wed Feb 28 at Minnesota

Upcoming IOWA Men's game on Peacock:
Tues Feb 20 at Michigan State

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT