ADVERTISEMENT

5 more IOWA games on Peacock

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
Last night I thought I had a link for the Wisconsin women's game at #2 Iowa but all it did was buffer. Luckily this was not a must see game. This is the first time that's happened. Hopefully, moving forward, I will have a working link for those who need it. I know it's just $12 (for Jan and Feb) IF you remember to cancel the subscription. At the same time, several people have expressed that they are sick of paying $10/month for BTN Plus, $6/month for Peacock and other monthly fees for other streaming services on top of their already expensive TV bill.

Upcoming IOWA Women's games on Peacock:
Wed Jan 31 at N'western
Thur Feb 15 vs Michigan
Thur Feb 22 at Indiana
Wed Feb 28 at Minnesota

Upcoming IOWA Men's game on Peacock:
Tues Feb 20 at Michigan State

I really do need to look around Peacock and watch some other stuff on it, aside from Iowa games and the NFL playoff game the other night.

Wasting so much money - even at about ~$5/mo. - by only using the network barely once a month for a game I can't watch on TV.

Last night I thought I had a link for the Wisconsin women's game at #2 Iowa but all it did was buffer. Luckily this was not a must see game. This is the first time that's happened. Hopefully, moving forward, I will have a working link for those who need it. I know it's just $12 (for Jan and Feb) IF you remember to cancel the subscription. At the same time, several people have expressed that they are sick of paying $10/month for BTN Plus, $6/month for Peacock and other monthly fees for other streaming services on top of their already expensive TV bill.

Wed Jan 31 at N'western
Thur Feb 15 vs Michigan
Thur Feb 22 at Indiana
Wed Feb 28 at Minnesota

Even though I don't watch WBB much, I find it to be a joke that the 2/22 game @ a ranked Indiana won't be a national TV broadcast game.

Other than postseason play, that'll be - at least one of - Iowa women's toughest remaining contest(s) right?

Reactions: Mohawkeye
Peacock's picture is always a little bit crisper than YouTube TV. Those of you with buffering issues need to look at different internet providers.
There was one bit of a teeny-tiny hiccup early in the 2nd half on Saturday night - that I think was more of an NBC/Peacock thing - but other than that, my feed was about as good as could be.

Reactions: oldhawk56
Even though I don't watch WBB much, I find it to be a joke that the 2/22 game @ a ranked Indiana won't be a national TV broadcast game.

Other than postseason play, that'll be - at least one of - Iowa women's toughest remaining contest(s) right?

IMO, these 4 are the most challenging games remaining in the reg season:

Sun Jan 21 at #18 Ohio State on NBC

Sat Feb 3 at Maryland on FOX

Thur Feb 22 at Indiana on Peacock

Sun March 3 vs #18 Ohio State (could be an emotional Senior Day, especially if Caitlin participates) on FOX

Peacock did a terrible job updating the score of last night's game between IU and Purdue. A team would score and the scoreboard would be unchanged for half a minute or more. In fact they signed off after the game and still had the wrong score posted. They had it 87-64 when it was 87-66.

Peacock did a terrible job updating the score of last night's game between IU and Purdue. A team would score and the scoreboard would be unchanged for half a minute or more. In fact they signed off after the game and still had the wrong score posted. They had it 87-64 when it was 87-66.
Also, the shot clock on Peacock's scorebug is never quite synced up with the one in the arena. It's a second or so off, and that is every game, not just a random game.

Reactions: TheCainer
When Iowa football had two Peacock games, and the 7 Iowa womens Peacock games were already announced, I had my college kid subscribe for a year at $2 per month. Peacock allows 3 logins, so we have it setup for the college kid, our home TV, and my mother-in-law's house. Not bad for $24.

The deal still exists if you have a kid or relative in college. I don't know if they actually confirm that they're in college or it just expects a college email address:

My not-always-trustworthy college kid says they didn't have to prove they were a college kid when they signed up.

So maybe anyone can try signing up for that deal.

So there’s a good chance when CC breaks the scoring record it’ll be behind a paywall. Swing and a miss for the sport.

Yep.

At a conservative 27 ppg moving forward, she is set to break the NCAA record on
Thurs Feb 22 at Indiana (game is on Peacock).

She is set to break the ALL TIME SCORING RECORD in Minneapolis on Saturday, March 9.

The math:

(1) 222 pts needed to break the NCAA record of 3,527 (Kelsey Plum, University of Washington; 2014-2017; 139 GP; 25.4 ppg).

-----> Looks like she needs roughly 8 more games to do it (27 ppg x 8 games = 216), which would occur on Thurs Feb 22 at Indiana.

(3) 344 pts
needed to break the AIAW record of 3,649 (Lynette Woodard, Kansas University; the AIAW was pre-NCAA; she played from 1978-1981; 139 GP; 26.3 ppg)
-----> Looks like she needs roughly 13 more games to do it (27 ppg x 13 games = 351), which would occur on Sat March 9 in Minneapolis (the 2nd game of the B1G Tournament for a top 4 seed).

Does anyone know if Peacock is planning on carrying any college baseball games this spring?

Wed Jan 31 at N'western
Thur Feb 15 vs Michigan
Thur Feb 22 at Indiana
Wed Feb 28 at Minnesota

The alternative is having no broadcast of women's games. Would you prefer the option of not being able to watch them? It is a service. Pay for it.

Yep, because you then have to pay at least $50/month for internet so that your YouTube TV works....
You would have internet costs regardless of whether you have YTTV, satellite, or traditional cable. You would also have the same costs for Netlifix, Hulu, the Cock, Prime, etc regardless of whether you had YTTV, satellite, or traditional cable.

Reactions: ichawk24
Does anyone know if Peacock is planning on carrying any college baseball games this spring?

When the Big Ten/NBC contract was announced, it was mentioned that Peacock would show mens and womens hoops, but there was no mention of baseball. Not a definitive answer, but it sounds like they don't have any B1G games.

Reactions: BioHawk
I really do need to look around Peacock and watch some other stuff on it, aside from Iowa games and the NFL playoff game the other night.

Wasting so much money - even at about ~$5/mo. - by only using the network barely once a month for a game I can't watch on TV.
Seriously? It’s like a 6 pack of Busch Latte tall boys or two cans of good beer.
I spent more money at the game a couple weeks ago than I’ll spend on Peacock in two years or more.
The things people find to complain about are never ending.

Please post the scores from peacock. If they don't want me to watch it on regular tv, I'm not chasing. Consumers shouldn't chase, producers should happily make it easy to get to their product. Marketing 101

Wed Jan 31 at N'western
Thur Feb 15 vs Michigan
Thur Feb 22 at Indiana
Wed Feb 28 at Minnesota

Peacock student price is $2/month, which takes a valid, current student email. It allows up to three simultaneous streams. My son-in-law is in college.

Yep.

At a conservative 27 ppg moving forward, she is set to break the NCAA record on
Thurs Feb 22 at Indiana (game is on Peacock).

She is set to break the ALL TIME SCORING RECORD in Minneapolis on Saturday, March 9.

The math:

(1) 222 pts needed to break the NCAA record of 3,527 (Kelsey Plum, University of Washington; 2014-2017; 139 GP; 25.4 ppg).

-----> Looks like she needs roughly 8 more games to do it (27 ppg x 8 games = 216), which would occur on Thurs Feb 22 at Indiana.

(3) 344 pts
needed to break the AIAW record of 3,649 (Lynette Woodard, Kansas University; the AIAW was pre-NCAA; she played from 1978-1981; 139 GP; 26.3 ppg)
-----> Looks like she needs roughly 13 more games to do it (27 ppg x 13 games = 351), which would occur on Sat March 9 in Minneapolis (the 2nd game of the B1G Tournament for a top 4 seed).
If she averages 31.7, she will break it in 7 games, vs Michigan also on Peacock…..
In her last ten, ISU, she’s well exceeding that, under 30 3 times. (6 under 30 of first 9).

If they don't want me to watch it on regular tv, I'm not chasing. Consumers shouldn't chase, producers should happily make it easy to get to their product. Marketing 101
It is easy to get the product. You just don’t want to pay for it. Don’t go bankrupt - Introduction to Business.

Indiana has been getting the short end of the stick against Iowa lately. I'm sure they would enjoy Caitlin breaking the all-time scoring record in their home gym.

:p:p

Reactions: FrankBurns00
Please post the scores from peacock. If they don't want me to watch it on regular tv, I'm not chasing. Consumers shouldn't chase, producers should happily make it easy to get to their product. Marketing 101
Before the media deal, most of the games would not be televised at all. A new supply has been created to meet demand. You now have the opportunity watch the game if you believe $6 per month is fair consideration to watch those games and whatever other content is on the Cock. Sounds like you and others in this thread want a free ride. Economics 101.

Reactions: EagleHawk
Before the media deal, most of the games would not be televised at all. A new supply has been created to meet demand. You now have the opportunity watch the game if you believe $6 per month is fair consideration to watch those games and whatever other content is on the Cock. Sounds like you and others in this thread want a free ride. Economics 101.
$6 for multiple games is 100x cheaper than actually attending but no one is bitching about ticket costs this season.

Reactions: Tenacious E
I don't understand why Peacock has the Maryland vs Ohio State game at 6pm CST and then the Indiana vs Minnesota game at 7pm CST tonight. Two overlapping games on streaming?

I don't understand why Peacock has the Maryland vs Ohio State game at 6pm CST and then the Indiana vs Minnesota game at 7pm CST tonight. Two overlapping games on streaming?
It’s not like it is a channel. It is an app like Netflix or Hulu. One person in your house could be watching the office on the cock while someone else was watching the basketball game of his or her choice.

Peacock's picture is always a little bit crisper than YouTube TV. Those of you with buffering issues need to look at different internet providers.
So why do I get buffering issues with Peacock but not YoutubeTV? Same internet provider...

So why do I get buffering issues with Peacock but not YoutubeTV? Same internet provider...
I get buffering issues sometimes with prime, but only with NFL games and not any other prime content. Why? I have no idea. The person with that answer probably also knows where all of my unmatched socks are.

It’s not like it is a channel. It is an app like Netflix or Hulu. One person in your house could be watching the office on the cock while someone else was watching the basketball game of his or her choice.
I wanted to watch both games, and Peacock doesn't have multiview. Even Big Ten Plus has multiview.

NBC obviously has a plan for growing Peacock. The Dolphins at Chiefs game last weekend was on Peacock, which pissed a lot of fans off.

Here's the NBC TV schedule this Sunday:

11:00 am - 1:00 pm CT: #2 Iowa women at #18 Ohio State

1:00 pm - 2:00 pm CT: NFL pregame

2:00 pm - 5:30 pm CT: Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Detroit Lions

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT