ADVERTISEMENT

5 year floor/ceiling for the program

Will Iowa win a regular season Big Ten championship in the next 5 years?

• Yes

Votes: 24 21.6%
  • No

Votes: 87 78.4%

• Total voters
Andre Woolridge, Dean Oliver, BJ, Ronnie Lester......

Why can just about every other team find a decent PG, but Fran can't?

It was like his heart was broken when Tyler Ulis chose Kentucky. Ever since then he hasn't targeted the top PGs (the moore kid out of ILLINOIS) but there was some baggage with that one. But he hasn't even attempted to go after any to PG's in the area. I mean you can't tell me there is not a "decent" PG in the Chicagoland, STL, or Minneapolis areas.

Maybe it's difficult to get an inner city kid to come to IC to play PG. Heck, you can count the really good PG's Iowa has had since the 70's on one hand.

We haven't won the league title since 1979. 38 years. So no, I don't think we win the league in the next 5 years. Could we? Of course. The Cubs just won the World Series.

Maybe it's difficult to get an inner city kid to come to IC to play PG. Heck, you can count the really good PG's Iowa has had since the 70's on one hand.
Lute Olsen never had a problem and that was the last time we won a regular season championship.
We will never win a championship again until we recruit multiple pg's.
Fran has been here 7 years and can't recruit one. Next year he's bringing in another shooting guard. The year after next another shooting guard.
That's year 9 and still no pg.
As long as I have been watching basketball your team is as good as your pg. Are we really surprised
that we are 3-5 in the league?
We're losing the leading scorer in the Big next year and their people posting that they think
we will be better. Lol.

Totally agree. College is indeed a guard's game. I can't think of a single FF team in the last 25 years that's wasn't led by exceptional guard play.

I really think the inability to recruit a difference making guard is the main reason most P5 coaches get canned. After 5 years of futility, Groce just landed a good one in Frasier and he likely will never get to coach him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT