ADVERTISEMENT

55% chance they beat Iowa

Who’s going to score on a senior laden black shirt defense?

Who’s going to cover Betts, Toure, and Omar Manning?

Who’s going to stop Stepp and Martinez on the ground.

Nebraska is going to have a great year.
I understand your optimism, but good Lord how you throw that "black shirt defense" out there like it means something to anyone in this century.

Steven Sipple.

The gift the keeps on giving. I am absolutely in awe of the sunshine that he pumps out of Scott Frosts ass. He (and the rest of the Nub fanboys posing as beat writers) is a big reason that fanbase goes home with Charlie Brown face at the end of every season after Lucy pulls the ball away.......again.

Thank you Steven!
The funny thing is that Sipple is clearly such a dyed in the wool husker fan ... that for as depressed as he was at the end of last season ... he's still a fan ... and hope springs eternal. Each new season feeds the hope for something better.

Hell, since I live in 'braska, I grudgingly track their progress ... and I was entirely unimpressed with their defense coming off of last season ... and yet the "strength of the Husker D" is one of their reasons for hope entering the new season. Are they for real? To truly contend in the B1G, you need to play elite caliber defense. Scott's best teams he's coached thus far have not featured defenses that would truly contend for a B1G conference title yet (I'm including his UCF days here too, for the record).

Maybe one could claim that defense has gone from being a glaring weakness to "meh" ... but is their offense suddenly going to be so good that it can compensate for "meh?"

Q#1: Who’s going to score on a senior laden black shirt defense?

Q#2: Who’s going to cover Betts, Toure, and Omar Manning?

Q#3: Who’s going to stop Stepp and Martinez on the ground.
While, for the record, I'm under the impression that you're not a Husker fan ... and you're just having some fun trolling. To that end ... kudos.

Bless your heart though ... your delivery was pitch-perfect! Beautifully done troll-job ... the lure sweeps past and I cannot even help myself ...

RE: Q#1 - Goodson, LaPorta, and Tracy (it would be poetic if Johnson did, though)
RE: Q#2 - Ummm ... Iowa's secondary. Moss, Hankins, Belton, and Williams all likely playing significant roles.
RE: Q#3 - Campbell, Benson, and Jacobs (i.e. Iowa's LBs) ... run support by the secondary will be important too ... and the DL doing their job controlling gaps and the like

Not sure what you are so upset about. Would it make that big of difference if he said a 50/50 game? He is basically saying they are 50/50 games and gives Nebraska a 5% home advantage.

The Nebraska - Iowa game has been a one score games 3 years in a row.
3 years ago ... the game was at Kinnick and the Hawks took the aggressive approach of going for the jugular to end the game early. The failed scoring opportunity amounted to being akin to a 14 points swing in momentum in the game.

It took impressive heroics for Nebraska to scratch and claw their way back into that game.

2 years ago ... credit to Nebraska for competing in a close game throughout ... however, you'd think that home-field advantage should count for something for the Huskers. All the same ... Dunc managed to have some fun at Frosty's expense.

Last year ... Nebraska was able to benefit from a Kinnick stadium without fans AND, on top of that, they were facing an Iowa squad that was breaking in a new QB. Given those factors ... you'd hope that Nebraska could at least manage to be competitive ... and to their credit, they pulled it off! (being competitive ... of course, they didn't win)

Anyhow, as we enter the '21 season ... the Hawks will likely feature a returning starter ... but the Huskers will own the home-field advantage.

Iowa's very football philosophy likely should help keep Nebraska in the game ... but, does that merit anything as extreme as anything beyond a 50-50 scenario (and I'm being exceedingly generous here)?

Oooohhh the black shirts sound so scary lol. Are you serious? That offense is scaring nobody with the chump you have at qb. Nebraska is going to have a great year? For Nebby 6 or 7 wins will be a great year. Good luck.

Reactions: HawkinK.C.1
Well let's play the devil's advocate here on Nebr's season....
Nebr vs Illinois Nebr 55%

Fordham vs Nebr Nebr 95%

Buffalo vs Nebr Nebr 55%

Nebr vs Oklahoma Nebr 5-10%

Nebr vs Mich State 50-50

Northwestern vs Nebr 50-50

Nebr vs Minnesota 50-50

Purdue vs Nebr 50-50

Ohio State vs Nebr Nebr 5-10%

Nebr vs bye We'll give this to Nebr.

Nebr vs Wisconsin Nebr 30-35%

Nebr vs Iowa Nebr 35-40%

Personally, I think Nebr needs to worry about trying to get bowl eligible instead of thumping their chests.

Not really. There just expectations at this point. I mean don't we all like to think we'll win most of our games as well? I mean, I do, or else whats the point of fandom. I'm always amazed at how people get on here and predict that Iowa will lose when the games are clearly a pick em or toss up. Why pick your team to lose when its that close? The last couple with Nebraska have been close, and we'll be in Lincoln. If I was them, I'd pick the cornholers to win as well. Now I think Iowa wins because we're the more disciplined team and generally makes fewer mistakes, but I'm an Iowa fan, so.......
Have you ever read the preseason reviews of Iowa in our papers (Iowa City P-C, DM Register, etc.?) NOTHING gets sugar coated. They usually predict worse seasons than Iowa ends up with, football or basketball. Nothing lije tge drivel coming from the weak sister to the west...

At the end of the day. Iowa vs Nebraska is a battle between 3 stars and 4 stars. Nebraska has the 4 stars. The cream usually rises to the crop.

At the end of the day. Iowa vs Nebraska is a battle between 3 stars and 4 stars. Nebraska has the 4 stars. The cream usually rises to the crop.
As they have for the last five years, and it hasn't help much, but do keep consoling yourself with that. You do understand that this is EXACTLY why other teams make fun of you for "winning" the offseason, right? Doesn't help once the games get played and you play with NO heart or discipline, which pretty much sums up Scott Frost in a nutshell.....

Did you say Black Skirts!!?!??!?!??? LOL.

You guys gonna make another horror-esque hype video for the black shirts this year? Last year's was by far the most entertaining thing to come from Nebraska. It's impressive how your A/V club is better than Frost at making the defense seem intimidating.

Reactions: BBHawk
You guys gonna make another horror-esque hype video for the black shirts this year? Last year's was by far the most entertaining thing to come from Nebraska. It's impressive how your A/V club is better than Frost at making the defense seem intimidating.
Do they have a disclaimer during the video

'Not all results may be as they appear' or
'No touchdowns were actually stopped during this video'

Who’s going to score on a senior laden black shirt defense? The Iowa Offense

Who’s going to cover Betts, Toure, and Omar Manning? The Iowa Defense

Who’s going to stop Stepp and Martinez on the ground. The Iowa Defense

Nebraska is going to have a great year. They only have to lose one game..The Iowa Game.
I suspect nebby will lose 7-8 games.

SIX IN A ROW! GOING FOR SEVEN! The cream isn't rising, must be going down someone's leg.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Iowa is going to kick Nebraska's ass all over the place.

People in the know who have watched Nebraska practice this year have reported that the team is loaded. Bulked up in the weight room all winter, fast, athletes everywhere. Guys like Sipple know more than the average fan because they get a look behind the curtain.

• Haha
Also if you watched the 2nd half of the Rutgers game you could tell that Frost learned something. He could line up let his superior athletes do the work. Ask any Rutgers fan-that was a demoralizing beat down..

• Haha
People in the know who have watched Nebraska practice this year have reported that the team is loaded. Bulked up in the weight room all winter, fast, athletes everywhere. Guys like Sipple know more than the average fan because they get a look behind the curtain.

You've been "bulking up" every winter since 2016 but still can't get to a bowl game.
Also if you watched the 2nd half of the Rutgers game you could tell that Frost learned something. He could line up let his superior athletes do the work. Ask any Rutgers fan-that was a demoralizing beat down..

I'm glad you managed to pull it together for a half against Rutgers. That must have been a glorious moment for the program.

You call that a beatdown? What did NE fans call the NE - OH State game?

🤣

Is this dude talking about recruiting? still.... means jack squat, Iowa punches Nebby in the mouth and they cant handle it for 60 minutes. 5 wins at best. LMAO.

You've been "bulking up" every winter since 2016 but still can't get to a bowl game.

I'm glad you managed to pull it together for a half against Rutgers. That must have been a glorious moment for the program.
Ask any Rutgers fan. That 2nd half was a manhandling. It’s going to translate into 2021. Watch out because Nebraska has an identity now.

Also Rutgers was a good team last year. Not much different than Iowa or Wisconsin.

• Haha
FYI BigNUFan51 is a NW who likes to come over and troll and act like he is a husker fan. Sad thing is half his ludicrous post one would think he was an actual serious husker fan because that fan base actually would agree with lot of his delusional takes.

and goes bad if it's not used properly...or maybe it wasn't even cream to begin with

"but still can't get to a bowl game."
to clarify they turned down going to a bowl game that they weren't going to be invited to.

"Bulked up in the weight room all winter, fast, athletes everywhere"
Trying to decide which way to go with this one. Do I go back the past 4 years and post the articles saying the exact same thing and play the 'boy who cries wolf' card or do I post the article that explains that the S&C coach went and had the players do the lifts from the 90's and that this years results were on par with the results back in the 90's.

It was a sad day when I realized that the starters lost their spring game and ended the undefeated recruiting, weight lifting, spring game streak that they were on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT