ADVERTISEMENT

57?

I think things will shake out after Midlands. One of the many things I like about him is when he puts the boots in. Those kinds of wrestlers are just terrifying on top. I talked to Mark Perry once and I asked him about the rides he put on using the boots. He said it's a hard thing to teach. You either know how to do it or not. And since there aren't many who do it the guy on bottom just doesn't know how to get out. So, in the end, I think he is going to be a hybrid of Perry and Metcalf. if he really is as talented as he looks (and the looks thing - his hair needs a name all of its own.
Midlands is dead. It’s the Hawkeye Open

I think things will shake out after Midlands. One of the many things I like about him is when he puts the boots in. Those kinds of wrestlers are just terrifying on top. I talked to Mark Perry once and I asked him about the rides he put on using the boots. He said it's a hard thing to teach. You either know how to do it or not. And since there aren't many who do it the guy on bottom just doesn't know how to get out. So, in the end, I think he is going to be a hybrid of Perry and Metcalf. if he really is as talented as he looks (and the looks thing - his hair needs a name all of its own.
come on guys....kid is 3 years post high school and has never beaten an ncaa qualifier and dominated by a guy who made r16.

unless you got confused and think we're talking about chittum

Reactions: el dub and TarpHawk
"If he is as talented as he looks"... Maybe I should have capitalized the word IF. I'm just thinking about potential. I should have remembered the Hawkeye Open. I thought that the Open was just for last year. Of course, that didn't work out. Is that still the plan?

"If he is as talented as he looks"... Maybe I should have capitalized the word IF. I'm just thinking about potential. I should have remembered the Hawkeye Open. I thought that the Open was just for last year. Of course, that didn't work out. Is that still the plan?
are you talking about siebrecht?

I watched Chittum's finals match in the Super 32 Finals from October of last year. He didn't wrestle without headgear so maybe his hair didn't look as shaggy, but when he has headgear on the hair sort of puffs out. But yes, Siebrecht too.

I watched Chittum's finals match in the Super 32 Finals from October of last year. He didn't wrestle without headgear so maybe his hair didn't look as shaggy, but when he has headgear on the hair sort of puffs out. But yes, Siebrecht too.
my guy which wrestler are you talking about? chittum or siebrecht? which is the metcalf/perry combo?

Reactions: TarpHawk
Chittum will be great unless something odd happens.

Cobe is a funky wrestler with heart whom I root for, but based on results to date I'm not holding my breath that he'll ever be better than pretty good (4th place at U20 duly noted).

Would love to hear examples of guys who were in the room for 3 years with moderate results (including opens), but went on to great results in final year(s). I'm thinking of Whitmer, but blanking on anyone else.

Reactions: el dub and js8793

Cobe is a funky wrestler with heart whom I root for, but based on results to date I'm not holding my breath that he'll ever be better than pretty good (4th place at U20 duly noted).

Would love to hear examples of guys who were in the room for 3 years with moderate results (including opens), but went on to great results in final year(s). I'm thinking of Whitmer, but blanking on anyone else.
I'm with you, hoping for the best but not expecting much. Over the years I have bought into the hype a couple of times on guys that were looking great in the room and then did not do much. Teasdale the most recent.

Reactions: HawkFan1986

Ryan Fulsaas?

Ryan Fulsaas?
Based on high school accolades I definitely pegged Dan Dennis as a room guy and grinder. Throw in freshman results and you could see a motor and some sparks, but very few results. Then people started talking about him during his RS year and he scared Slaton up to 197 the following year.

*fully admit that is was not 3 years of so-so results

Based on high school accolades I definitely pegged Dan Dennis as a room guy and grinder. Throw in freshman results and you could see a motor and some sparks, but very few results. Then people started talking about him during his RS year and he scared Slaton up to 197 the following year.

*fully admit that is was not 3 years of so-so results
Dan Erekson is another one, went 16-19 and 10-8 has first two seasons at 197 before redshirting to add weight, move to HWT, and going 27-8 and 16-2 his last two seasons. Luke Lofthouse is another decent example of a guy who did very little throughout his career before finishing 5th his senior year.

If Chittum is enrolled (who the hell knows lol) and if he’s the best kid at the weight then he should wrestle.

It definitely doesn’t help the sport when better guys are sitting on the bench because they “have to” redshirt. Worst thing about the sport imo.

Rathjen has had how many years to gain weight?

Reactions: parchy and el dub
If Chittum is enrolled (who the hell knows lol) and if he’s the best kid at the weight then he should wrestle.

It definitely doesn’t help the sport when better guys are sitting on the bench because they “have to” redshirt. Worst thing about the sport imo.

I agree. But some around here still think Alex T coming out of redshirt and getting best by a point or two by top kid RUINED HIM FOR LIFE.

Reactions: natchrlman
Dan Erekson is another one, went 16-19 and 10-8 has first two seasons at 197 before redshirting to add weight, move to HWT, and going 27-8 and 16-2 his last two seasons. Luke Lofthouse is another decent example of a guy who did very little throughout his career before finishing 5th his senior year.
Erekson and Lofthouse were regulars in the lineup. DE was a 4 year starter like Morningstar. He don't count in this discussion.

Cobe has a couple of starts while Murin was out.

Apples to oranges.

Erekson and Lofthouse were regulars in the lineup. DE was a 4 year starter like Morningstar. He don't count in this discussion.

Apples to oranges.
Comparing Erecksen to Morningstar??? Apples to oranges…. Not all 4 year starters are made the same. Can’t believe I’m typing this.

Apples to oranges.
Who are you to say who does and doesn't count in an open conversation?

Just cause somebody was a starter doesn't mean anything if they had poor results.

1, plus alot of that year he was dealing with injuries

Reactions: Gobblin
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT