ADVERTISEMENT

6 most annoying fan bases...

hknation

HR All-American
Dec 21, 2001
Per College Football Spun......
"In every sport there are always going to be fan bases that might be a little too much to handle. This theory certainly proves to be true for most of the top teams in college football, especially when it’s a marquee matchup.

With the upcoming season almost here, it’s time to consider which teams have some of the most difficult fans to deal with.

Each ranking of fan bases usually hinges on the person’s rooting interests, but that’s not the case for business insider Darren Rovell. He released his list of six college football teams that have an an annoying fan base.

According to Rovell, the most annoying fan bases in college football are: Alabama, Clemson, Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State and Texas.

LINK: https://thespun.com/sec/alabama-cri...R9gW9AU2H0MOcOH8F_uZzz8wa0kEOmr4nCu0FqP4rLXnU

"In every sport there are always going to be fan bases that might be a little too much to handle. This theory certainly proves to be true for most of the top teams in college football, especially when it’s a marquee matchup.

With the upcoming season almost here, it’s time to consider which teams have some of the most difficult fans to deal with.

Each ranking of fan bases usually hinges on the person’s rooting interests, but that’s not the case for business insider Darren Rovell. He released his list of six college football teams that have an an annoying fan base.

According to Rovell, the most annoying fan bases in college football are: Alabama, Clemson, Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State and Texas.

LINK: https://thespun.com/sec/alabama-cri...R9gW9AU2H0MOcOH8F_uZzz8wa0kEOmr4nCu0FqP4rLXnU

Where the HELL aid Wisconsin? They have to be the most ignorant assholish fans that are so drunk and full of cheer .. they should be the Heisman trophy winners of the most annoying fans

Michigan? It’s like playing in a wax museum or a morgue - 110 thousand 88 year olds sitting on their arses ...

Alabama? Now I can see that.. bunch of hillbillies and cousins of cousins that had children talking in some wicked slang you need a translator to understand WTF they’re talking about

Pretty weak. He just grabbed a group of the blue bloods. Puts Clemson on the list, then he says they're not really annoying. Great writer. ;)

Well, I probably wouldn't disagree with his selections, however I would replace Michigan with Ped State, and I think if nothing else, Little Debbie deserves at least an honorable mention. ;)

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
With the exception of Texas - and that will be changing with Herman, I would trade the title of annoying for their performance results.

I live in San Antonio and I will vouch...it is reeeeaaaallllly annoying. 1/3 vehicles have the longhorn decal on it regardless of whether they even watch Texas football at all, and most of them are VERY fairweather fans.

I think a lot of times the better you are, the more you get labeled as annoying fans because people get sick of you winning. Having a large fan following also helps increase that number as you have an opportunity of more people talking.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
OSU, ND, MI, and UT are some crazy-big fan bases and each of them has strong representation in literally every part of the country. I can see why they can be considered "annoying" because you can't seemingly walk two blocks without bumping into a fan of at least one of those four schools.

Alabama is also very large, but much more localized. They don't have enough of a presence outside of the South to be really annoying. Clemson - even moreso (outside of the Carolinas and maybe parts of Virginia and Georgia, you won't find many Clemson fans strutting about).

One fanbase that absolutely belongs is LSU. Ever since Katrina hit, a significant portion their fanbase dispersed (those who lived in Louisiana and Texas at least) and now can be found in many various parts of the country. Their pride and arrogance is second to none.

Others in the conversation are Oregon, Tennessee, Penn State, and online Nebraska fans.

Funny... I’ll make my own top 3 , Nebraska ( delusional ). Stanford ( Band ) Minnesota ( Hate Iowa chant )....

Stanford's band may be irreverent and over-the-top but they're not delusional. They know very well what they're doing and milk it for all they can.

I'd replace them with ISU fans. No explanation needed.

Funny... I’ll make my own top 3 , Nebraska ( delusional ). Stanford ( Band ) Minnesota ( Hate Iowa chant )....

if we're gonna go there then you have to add those insufferable bastages from the USC band. They play that damn same note every time those clowns get a first down for God's sake!

Reactions: BEAN DOG
I went to the game against ASU in Tempe back 2004, (I think it was), and the sun devil fans were the worst I have seen on the road. To be sure we got it handed to us that night but wow they were obnoxious.

I went to the game against ASU in Tempe back 2004, (I think it was), and the sun devil fans were the worst I have seen on the road. To be sure we got it handed to us that night but wow they were obnoxious.
I was there also.

I think part of the problem was that there were soooo many Iowa fans there.

Combine that with rhe late start & weather delay, it was a combination for a disaster.

I live in San Antonio and I will vouch...it is reeeeaaaallllly annoying. 1/3 vehicles have the longhorn decal on it regardless of whether they even watch Texas football at all, and most of them are VERY fairweather fans.

So you are basing it off bumper stickers? That sounds obnoxious.

The most annoying fan bases are the fan base that has the most supporters closest to your location.

Having said that.

1. Michigan-one of the most arrogant and cocky fan bases you'll ever meet. To top it off my favorite Michigan fans are the ones I know more about their program and they have never set foot in the state of Michigan.
2. Alabama-success has made this the bandwagon fans dream school. The arrogance of Saban is bad but you can't argue his success.
3. Notre Dame-they are awesome just ask one of their fans. You got to love when they talk about never wanting to join a conference.
4. Texas-you want arrogance look no further because you know everything's bigger in Texas.
5. Ohio State-look no further than their super fans.
6. Nebraska-they're always back and did you know they have the longest "sellout"streak.

Honorable mention: Oregen 10 years ago they'd been near the top of the list because it was bandwagon fan U. Now that they took a step back they're just slightly annoying.

if we're gonna go there then you have to add those insufferable bastages from the USC band. They play that damn same note every time those clowns get a first down for God's sake!
I could easily be wrong, but doesn't the Iowa band play the same stuff when the D faces a 3rd down?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT