ADVERTISEMENT

6 schools to be notified of serious Level I NCAA violations

Will they let the players from these schools transfer, and be immediately eligible? Those that did not take any illegal funds, that is...

Assuming that Moss did not take any cash, where would he go next...?
i believe the NCAA would let players transfer & be immediately eligible

A Boston Herald reporter once asked Coach Cal how he failed to notice that his players were wearing diamond studs. “I don’t walk around carrying these jeweler’s glasses,” Coach replied.

The Boston Globe, in a fine series in the mid-1990s, found that UMass’s most prominent stars, including Camby, were on academic probation, a fact not shared with the general public. Calipari battled to ensure that his sports department, rather than the university’s academic arm, maintained control of player academics.

They point out the likely reason.....investigations are still ongoing therefore the list is incomplete.

Sounds like the fit is about the hit the shan in college basketball. Long overdue.

Well either that OR these 6 teams, along with 2 others, will all be invited to a special early season tourney with the word "classic" somewhere in the name.

No matter the bad deeds, I would be surprised to see the hammer get dropped hard on this list of "blue bloods".

i believe the NCAA would let players transfer & be immediately eligible

And you would be right. When I looked at the transfer "bylaws" (they're not rules as per the NCAA) relevant to last week's conversation about the Moss transfer I saw the specific by bylaw (like 14.5.2 or some such organizational numbering) on "waivers". Its automatic if the athletes school become ineligible to compete in the sport for which the athlete received the scholly. It appears, and these rules are prolix to say the least, that the athlete does not even need to seek a waiver, waivers are automatic, but merely notify the NCAA of the transfer.

Reactions: Franisdaman
There’s the list of schools ESPN received, then there’s the real list of schools the NCAA is going to drop the hammer on for this...

Hawaii
Arkansas Little Rock
Akron
Beimidji State
Oral Roberts
High Point
Idaho State
Pacific
Rutgers

Reactions: Hawksfor3
There’s the list of schools ESPN received, then there’s the real list of schools the NCAA is going to drop the hammer on for this...

Hawaii
Arkansas Little Rock
Akron
Beimidji State
Oral Roberts
High Point
Idaho State
Pacific
Rutgers

You missed Stony Brook

Reactions: And1Hawk
The new NCAA steering committee lead by John Calapari, Tom Izzo, Bill Self, Coach K, Urban Meyer, Nick Saban and Bobby Petrino are charged with the task of rooting out crime and corruption from college athletics. They’ve vowed to take a hard look at what’s going on down at East Tennessee State to get to the bottom of it. They say taking action there should take care of things and restore integrity to college athletics.

Reactions: Hawksfor3
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT