ADVERTISEMENT

*** #7 Iowa vs #5 Maryland WBB Game Thread ***

This is going to be a really hard one.
thats-what-she-said.jpg

Welp, idk if we’ll win today. MD has some very fast, very long players that we always struggle against. Clark is the best player on the court but Maryland has the next best 3 or 4. Development, execution can only take you so far when a team with athletes like this is clicking.

Regardless of what happens, we have had a great season. This team has surprised me multiple times. We’ve had a better season than ISU, Texas, Louisville, Michigan, Tennessee, Ohio State, I could go on. We have somehow even beat Indiana for the fourth time in five games. “Only” getting a 2 seed isn’t a bad thing at all. How far we’ve come…

Win or lose, I love this team and our coach. Our team is a family; theirs is a meat grinder. I’ll be shocked if the transfer train doesn’t pick up a handful of athletes from College Park again this year.

I would say Maryland brought their A-game the last time we played. Hopefully they watched lots of game film.

Reactions: lucas80
Incentive is there. Get by Maryland and then OSU and with another upset in another conference, the B1G champ should be a #1 seed.

Oopsies....

Chad Leistikow tweeted this at halftime:

Looks inevitable that Indiana will be awaiting the Iowa-Maryland winner in Sunday's B1G Women's Championship Game (4pm, ESPN). Hoosiers 46, Buckeyes 26 at the half.

He has since deleted the tweet

I don't always pay attention during the introductions, but I don't recall a player ever being announced as a graduate transfer senior.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT