ADVERTISEMENT

A O’G appreciation post

Massive, huge, mammoth game for her tonight. Very happy for her!!!!
You are correct sir! Clark pouring in 41 points notwithstanding...I think a case could be made that O'Grady was an awesome bright spot on a team where nearly everyone was a bright spot. Major, major congrats to O'Grady and all of the players...and coaches.

💯 I love Hannah but her getting in foul trouble may have been a blessing in disguise for that very reason. She’s just not as tall as Addie.
Totally agree with this. It worked out perfectly, Hannah was running Reese ragged to begin with and then AOG played her tough and physical down low. It couldn't have been scripted much better actually.

Totally agree with this. It worked out perfectly, Hannah was running Reese ragged to begin with and then AOG played her tough and physical down low. It couldn't have been scripted much better actually.
Yeah, with that said there were times in the game (before Hannah was in foul trouble), that I wished Bluder would have put them both in there together. Similar to what LSU did with Reese and Morrow.

Bluder out coached that pimp bitch!

ready to go GIF by BrownSugarApp

Addie arguably was more effective than Hannah--she made some nice buckets, played GREAT defense

We should platoon those two in the next game, not just for the effectiveness each has shown, and the differing skill sets they have, but also--if we win--to preserve their legs and stamina a bit. Might also make it less likely either fouls out, too, if they platoon a bit more

Agreed. Dishin' it out tonight instead of just takin' it.

I also agree with another poster about playing HS and AOG together like Stokes and Payne. Hannah's not very big / strong vs teams this deep in the tournament. It might allow them to draw the def. big out and make for a mismatch inside. I'd do it when when Syd goes out instead of Feuerbach.

Happy to see eveyone else saw the big contribution from O'Grady. Reese may have been dinged a little, but O put it on her. Reese couldn't move like she did with the others. I'm so happy for her to have such a great game.
There was one point she got the ball about 3’ from the rim and passed back out but otherwise assertive and tough. Awesome!

Reactions: RIGHTWINGHAWK
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT