ADVERTISEMENT

Maddyn Greenway

I haven't looked much into her but know she's supposed to be really good. Do we know how her competition is? I see it's 2A.. scoring 49 is wild. I saw a girl on the other team scored like 41.

I haven't looked much into her but know she's supposed to be really good. Do we know how her competition is? I see it's 2A.. scoring 49 is wild. I saw a girl on the other team scored like 41.

The 2A competition isn't off the charts good, but during the regular season Providence Academy plays a lot of the big metro schools (3A and 4A) and they more than hold their own.

Reactions: Torg
What are the odds she comes to Iowa?
Funny story……

Maddyn was interviewed by a reporter from GopherHole about 3 years ago. It was the usual basketball conversation with a young in-state prospect about school, AAU, etc. but inevitably the convo turned to recruiting - very general.

Then the guy asked her if she could see herself playing for the Gophers someday. Her reply was classic. She said (paraphrasing) “why would I do that, I want to play for Iowa”. LOL

I believe you can still read that interview with Greenway on the GopherHole site. Her thinking could have changed since she was a middle schooler but Iowa is still in a very strong position.

She was wearing Iowa sweatshirts at the Big10 tournament games so I'm taking that as a good sign. I'm perplexed at why she hasn't committed already.
It is, but that doesn't mean another team couldn't sweep in with an NIL deal she can't refuse. There will still be some work to do, I think. That said, I don't know how Greenway is personally but I can't imagine her dad being impressed with Mulkey's deal at all.

She was wearing Iowa sweatshirts at the Big10 tournament games so I'm taking that as a good sign. I'm perplexed at why she hasn't committed already.
I spoke w/ Maddyn Greenway at a charity, non-athletic event last October 2023 where she was also wearing an Iowa sweatshirt. Sort of an interesting story that some of you may be interested in (linked here for context; not the point of this post though): Maddyn Greenway Story

I didn't mention by design the end of the discussion as I felt Maddyn probably didn't think a private discussion was going to be made public but the more I think about it... she's been publicly vocal about her interest in Iowa, there's only a couple of hundred people that may read this anyway, and she could change her mind many times over by the time she actually commits somewhere.

Anyway, at the very end of the discussion after I said "I really like that you're repping a Hawkeye sweatshirt"; I asked if it was a good sign (in terms of an IA commitment) that she was wearing an Iowa sweatshirt. She smiled and said "it's a very good sign" - verbatim, direct quote. I then asked "Am I sensing a commitment soon?" to which she smiled, didn't say a word, and shrugged her shoulders / lifted up her hands - to which we both laughed as I walked away. That's it, that is the end of the story.

Last edited:
The one thing that is important is playing early. These highly rated players want to play not wait. It was a reason Lisa couldn’t get a highly regarded PG from high school or the portal while Clark was here. Having said that I sure hope she comes.

Reactions: jerbob36 and Torg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT