ADVERTISEMENT

Maddyn Greenway

Have the championships on today. In the MN 1A championship.... #25 for Goodhue is LEGIT. Not sure on her story, but impressive.

The team they are playing has a girl going to UNC. She's been quiet.

Maddyn will be on at 2pm today

She was wearing Iowa sweatshirts at the Big10 tournament games so I'm taking that as a good sign. I'm perplexed at why she hasn't committed already.
Lol... pretty much all the recruits where Iowa gear when they come. Thats not unusual....Also I'm PRETTY sure she's got some Iowa gear in the house, with both her parents being former Iowa athletes.....

Reactions: shikreto
Lol... pretty much all the recruits where Iowa gear when they come. Thats not unusual....Also I'm PRETTY sure she's got some Iowa gear in the house, with both her parents being former Iowa athletes.....
This was at the Big Ten tournament. I would say that with all fourteen schools represented, it is significant that a recruit chooses a specific shirt to wear.

This was at the Big Ten tournament. I would say that with all fourteen schools represented, it is significant that a recruit chooses a specific shirt to wear.
Very good. Didn't catch the B1G tourney part, thought was the reference was to her visit at the OSU senior night game where she was there will all the recruits including Deal, who just committed. Would certainly LOVE to have her. As I've said though we really need to be saving some spots for some bigger forwards and centers. Hopefully Hays from Alaska is a get as well. Lisa's recruiting for 24, and 25 has been very guard heavy. (Just the opposite of the mens team). By 26 the only frontcourt players will be 24's Heiden and Mallegni. If we land Bjorn I could see her as a 3/4 type possibly at 6'2....

You're dumber than I thought. It wasn't a recruiting visit. They sat down below us at the game and very into it.

Providence Academy not playing their best, but refs are calling a ton on tricky tack fouls on them.

Albany is on fire too

I want Providence to win.... Because of Greenway. But there was an OBVIOUS charge by Providence and the female ref properly called the charge.... Then the guy ref comes over from across the court and discussed with her and they switched to a block call.

Coach understandably went ballistic

Not a lot of NIL money in women's bball. There aren't a bunch of Caitlin Clarks. Not to mention that she doesn't need it with her Dad's legacy.
Depends where you go. It seems the bigger programs (Uconn, LSU, to name a few) go all in on a few high profile recruits. They pay them six figures.

Few programs do what Iowa does, which pays everyone the same amount. South Carolina does (I think they all made $60k last year, not sure about this year) and so does Texas A&M (can’t remember how much it is…I think it’s comparable to the $15k our girls get). Both happen thanks to local partners.

When a player knows where they are going to go, and there are multiple colleges recruiting player, at some point many players decide they've had enough of it and will commit. That pretty much eliminates most schools, not all unfortunately. Some players enjoy all of it and continue to enjoy it I suppose.

You're dumber than I thought. It wasn't a recruiting visit. They sat down below us at the game and very into it.
Obviously you didn't read where I said I missed the B1G tourney comment, but happy to exceed your expectations. Maybe YOU need to take a freakin chill pill , (and stick it where the sun don't shine), Better......

Reactions: northernboarderhawk
Maddyn has a very fast motor north-south, she's quick.

I found myself rooting for Albany despite the Greenway connection to Iowa. Something about rooting for the small town.

I guess Maddyn didn't get the rebound, but her teammate knew to hand it to her and she went coast to coast
She can sure rebound though for a 5ft8 guard. Possibly another college triple double threat? She can dish it too. Two more years of HS and on pace to score more than 4500 points (6 years on varsity).

Obviously you didn't read where I said I missed the B1G tourney comment, but happy to exceed your expectations. Maybe YOU need to take a freakin chill pill , (and stick it where the sun don't shine), Better......
How bout I stick my foot up your ass.. Nah, you'd probably like that. Can't figure out how you got off my ignorant list. Oh well back you go.

She can sure rebound though for a 5ft8 guard. Possibly another college triple double threat? She can dish it too. Two more years of HS and on pace to score more than 4500 points (6 years on varsity).
She doesn't have the height to consistently get those rebounds in college ball. For comparison, the 6 foot CC with the go go gadget arm length.

(Someone else brought up K. Alexander's numbers at a similar height, which is a good point, but I just consider that to be an extreme outlier. Maddyn is free to come to Iowa and prove me wrong ;) )

Last edited:
How bout I stick my foot up your ass.. Nah, you'd probably like that. Can't figure out how you got off my ignorant list. Oh well back you go.
lololol.. another internet tough guy huh? Go ahead and get your angst out, or go pound sand, whatever makes you feel better about yourself...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT