ADVERTISEMENT

A serving of crow to be served

JerseyCityHawki

HB All-American
Oct 28, 2019
Hackensack, New Jersey
FOR ME

Now these aren’t the exact ingredients but it’s supposed to be good so I am making myself a great dish of this BECAUSE I WAS WRONG… holy shit the Hawks came out firing on all cylinders goddamn they looked good in the 2nd half

maxresdefault.jpg

• Love
Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
Yes, the 2nd qtr was a bust going into that breeze. The defense was a little out of whack

But PhilP pumped up the pressure on the Minny QB and he struggled. The offense kept finishing their blocks and Kaleb ran great.

And what a great job of the offense just running out about 8 minutes of clock in the last 11 minutes

I would love to see them start playing great all the game

Second half was awesome to watch, and clearly we didn’t need to throw the ball to win. But 62 yards passing for an entire game is extremely concerning. Particularly when you have such an effective running game, shouldn’t that create some easy completions?

I love the result tonight - was fun to watch. But holy hell the passing attack is a problem…

PS…sure would LOVE to see a WR screen to Wetjen. It’s like retuning a punt, and that’s a play from the early KOK era I’d love to see again with such an effective and quick “return guy” type of receiver.

What still needs to get better:
Consistency on offense
The entire passing game (no drops, Cade HAS to be better, pass blocking)
Consistently getting pressure on D like the 2nd half.
Oddly, tackling was an issue. That will be fixed.

Where we are clearly getting better:

Yes, KF has his prints on the offense but anyone who argued it would be the exact same (ME) was wrong. Lester's play calls are not the problem.

Run blocking is better.

Obviously everyone wants to win but we covered the 3 KF staples I always complain about:
1. Dominated the line.
2. Didn't turn the ball over and won the to battle
3. Dominated time of possession.

If we can keep doing those things, everyone, myself included, will complain less.

Good win tonight.

I’ll have a helping as well. Didn’t see that second half coming. The team was unrecognizable from the first half. I don’t think anyone can argue .
Great adjustments at halftime and the OL was in a different zip code in half 2

please bye week, fix this. 100% agree.
We would be much so much better with a couple of real WR's and a QB who could run or at least scramble well. Just watched a fake jet sweep where the LB's all went after the runner and the QB went up the middle for 40 yds.

Reactions: TampaHawkfan
Second half was awesome to watch, and clearly we didn’t need to throw the ball to win. But 62 yards passing for an entire game is extremely concerning. Particularly when you have such an effective running game, shouldn’t that create some easy completions?

I love the result tonight - was fun to watch. But holy hell the passing attack is a problem…

PS…sure would LOVE to see a WR screen to Wetjen. It’s like retuning a punt, and that’s a play from the early KOK era I’d love to see again with such an effective and quick “return guy” type of receiver.
for the pass game to improve the pass blocking needs ot improve and a lot--until then it is going to struggle

Reactions: Wadukester
We had over 300 yards of total offense and won by 3 scores. I would have eaten dog shit out of a solo cup last year for that.

We are certainly not a 2nd quarter team.

Like most, I don't expect to come within 2 TD'S of Ohio State, but we need to put together 4 quarters of football to get to 9-3 or 8-4; a lot of close games coming after our trip to Columbus.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT