ADVERTISEMENT

A trans woman joined a sorority. Then her new sisters turned on her.

Society is supposed to interact with this person how they decided one day when they were 14?

I mean I fully understand tolerating and treating them with respect. However, their “beliefs” should not infringe on the rights of others. Forcing themselves on the sorority and not respecting the wishes of those women who do not want a biological male in their sorority is at minimum very inconsiderate of them and selfish.
This IMO is the correct response.

**** you and your personal freedoms bullshit. It's all about YOUR BELIEFS AND FREEDOMS, IT'S **** EVERYONE ELSE.

PUNK ASS BITCH.
This is rich coming from someone that is trying to tell every woman in America how to feel and what to believe in. Maybe you should mind your won business and let those impacted by this handle it

Society is supposed to interact with this person how they decided one day when they were 14?

I mean I fully understand tolerating and treating them with respect. However, their “beliefs” should not infringe on the rights of others. Forcing themselves on the sorority and not respecting the wishes of those women who do not want a biological male in their sorority is at minimum very inconsiderate of them and selfish.

The KKG chapter at the University of Wyoming voted to offer her a bid. If "the wishes" of the majority of members at that sorority were to include this person in their sorority, why aren't their "wishes" respected?

And, if those members (a minority of the sorority) who feel strongly otherwise do not want to be associated with the sorority, there seems to be an easy solution. Quit. Remove yourself from the situation.

The suggestion that this person "forced" her way into the sorority is pure fiction. Anyone with a modicum of understanding of how sororities recruit and extend bids would laugh at the suggestion that this person was able to "force" a bid from the KKG sorority.

KKG is an original Panhellenic top tier national who holds a position of respect on every campus where they have a chapter and for this to happen to them is just sad.

What exactly "happened" to this chapter of KKG?
The majority of members voting to extend a bid to this person . . . Is that what "happened?"
Did you miss the part of the story about KKG's philosophy towards LGBTQ+ members? (That's right . . . "members" . . . not just LGBTQ+ individuals)

If you want to read more about their philosophy, it is right here in black-and-white: https://www.kappakappagamma.org/glo...de-for-supporting-our-lgbtqia-members2021.pdf

I'll repeat what I posted above. The story is simple:
1. The majority of KKG members at the UW chapter voted to extend a bid to this person.
2. The bid is entirely consistent with KKG's philosophy and attitude towards LGBTQ+ persons.
3. If a current member of KKG doesn't like it. Quit.

What strikes me is the number of people who are insisting that "their" values must be elevated above what this private organization's has articulated as its values.

The headline and article are wrong. A dude joined the sorority and doesn't understand why members of an all female group have issues with that situation. Identifying as a female doesn't turn a male into a female.

If someone wants to identify as the opposite sex, I say go for it. Be your own person. Just don't expect people to be just fine when you put yourself into social groups reserved for the opposite sex. Social norms might evolve where it doesn't matter. Maybe Greek life will grow a third category combination of Sorority/Fraternity.

If a guy wants to change into a girl, get serious about it. Women in a sorority house have no way of knowing your motives or your heart. Get your equipment removed. Go through hormone treatments. Truly become what you want everyone to believe you are. If not, come to some sort of peace with how society works, who you are, and try to be happy.

The headline and article are wrong. A dude joined the sorority and doesn't understand why members of an all female group have issues with that situation. Identifying as a female doesn't turn a male into a female.

If someone wants to identify as the opposite sex, I say go for it. Be your own person. Just don't expect people to be just fine when you put yourself into social groups reserved for the opposite sex. Social norms might evolve where it doesn't matter. Maybe Greek life will grow a third category combination of Sorority/Fraternity.

If a guy wants to change into a girl, get serious about it. Women in a sorority house have no way of knowing your motives or your heart. Get your equipment removed. Go through hormone treatments. Truly become what you want everyone to believe you are. If not, come to some sort of peace with how society works, who you are, and try to be happy.

KKG's philosophy . . . in black-and-white:
"Kappa Kappa Gamma is a single-gender organization comprised of women and individuals who identify as women." (my emphasis added)

You may not like it.
Others may not like it.
Current members may not like it.

If you want to start an organization for women and will only allow trans female if they "get serious about it," then start such an organization. Have at it. No one is stopping you.

But . . . that's KKG's philosophy. And, if you don't like it, don't seek to become a member. And if members don't like it . . . Quit.

"Kappa Kappa Gamma is a single-gender organization comprised of women and individuals who identify as women." (my emphasis added)

You may not like it.
Others may not like it.

But . . . that's their philosophy. And, if you don't like it, don't seek to become a member. And if members don't like it . . . Quit.
Or.. members say absolutely not and kick this fat man to the curb.

You'll concern yourself with women's sports but not their living situations? Interesting priorities...
I will just let those involved handle it because they have options. Maybe not so many options for a girl who has trained hard for sports only to have it taken away by a male.

You may not like it.
Others may not like it.

If you want to start an organization for women and will only allow trans female if they "get serious about it," then start such an organization. Have at it. No one is stopping you.

But . . . that's KKG's philosophy. And, if you don't like it, don't seek to become a member. And if members don't like it . . . Quit.
You might think a give AF. I don't. I'm commenting on the mischaracterization of dudes as women.

But they didn't. They voted to include her. And apparently some members feel as though their "feelings" are more important than this national organization's clearly articulated position on the issue and should be unilaterally imposed at the chapter level.
Him*

Reactions: goldmom
You might think a give AF. I don't. I'm commenting on the mischaracterization of dudes as women.
KKG disagrees:

How to Support Someone Questioning Their Gender Identity
Gender identity refers to how an individual views themselves in terms of characteristics traditionally identified in this culture as male or female. A person may self-identify as male, female, or as possessing gender non-binary characteristics. This list provides some ideas to keep in mind when you learn that a Kappa member (or any other friend) is questioning their gender identity.
-Respect the language the person uses to describe their identity.
-Do not make assumptions about the person's sexual orientation.
-If you aren’t sure what pronouns to use, listen. Ask if it seems appropriate.
-Understand the difference between "coming out" in regard to sexual orientation and "coming out" in regard to gender identity.
-Do not out a transgender individual. It can feel disempowering for transgender persons to disclose their transgender status as they are living life as their true.
-Recognize there is not one acceptable way to transition. It is different for every person.
-Challenge anti-transgender comments and try to educate others who are misinformed.
-Be supportive of gender-neutral bathroom options.
-Recognize and admit when you do not know something.
-Know when to seek outside help.

KKG disagrees:

Gender identity refers to how an individual views themselves in terms of characteristics traditionally identified in this culture as male or female. A person may self-identify as male, female, or as possessing gender non-binary characteristics. This list provides some ideas to keep in mind when you learn that a Kappa member (or any other friend) is questioning their gender identity.
-Understand the difference between "coming out" in regard to sexual orientation and "coming out" in regard to gender identity.
-Do not out a transgender individual. It can feel disempowering for transgender persons to disclose their transgender status as they are living life as their true.
-Recognize there is not one acceptable way to transition. It is different for every person.
-Challenge anti-transgender comments and try to educate others who are misinformed.
You can identify as whatever you want. But that doesn't change reality. A man will always be a man. Just because he's ugly and lacks personality doesn't mean he can claim to be a woman and that I have to go along with the nonsense and make believe. Gender = sex.

One of my fantasies is joining a sorority, only to have the sisters take turns on me 🤤
You open your eyes and look down and Artemis is going to town on you and all you can see is her ball sack bouncing off each of her thighs as sweat drips on her dirty gym socks.

You open your eyes and look down and Artemis is going to town on you and all you can see is her ball sack bouncing off each of her thighs as sweat drips on her dirty gym socks.
GIF by Giphy QA

KKG disagrees:

Gobbledygook

Reactions: CAhawki
Isn't that usually the case with membership? Who likes everyone?
If you decide the group has made a decision you can't live with then find another group that shares your values.
Don't wage a terror campaign.

This I completely agree with.

Is this the “sorority sister” who would sit in the common room with a raging boner and stare at their “sisters” as they walked by? They also got caught sniffing panties?

Or was that a different one?

Why would anyone have a problem if the sisters who no longer felt comfortable asked them to leave?

What the hell is wrong with you @AuroraHawk ? Why should they be subjected to ongoing harassment just to keep the agenda alive?

Believe all women remember? What happened to that?

Is this the “sorority sister” who would sit in the common room with a raging boner and stare at their “sisters” as they walked by? They also got caught sniffing panties?

Why would anyone have a problem if the sisters who no longer felt comfortable asked them to leave?

What the hell is wrong with you @AuroraHawk ? Why should they be subjected to ongoing harassment just to keep the agenda alive?

Well your hiatus clearly toned down your nonsense.
Thw good news is that if Elon suddenly decides he supports trans rights you’ll change too.

Last time I checked the women that disagree can go some place else. Might be unfair to them...but their real problem would not be with the trans but with the other members that allowed the trans to join.

Obviously their life...their choices. I am not sure I would want to stay someplace where you think you have to go to court to get your way. Even if they are successful...is it going to be a peace and harmony type of place for anyone to live?

Last time I checked the women that disagree can go some place else. Might be unfair to them...but their real problem would not be with the trans but with the other members that allowed the trans to join.

Obviously their life...their choices. I am not sure I would want to stay someplace where you think you have to go to court to get your way. Even if they are successful...is it going to be a peace and harmony type of place for anyone to live?

Why put the onus on the victims of sexual harassment?

Victim shaming? If they don’t like being harassed they can leave? That’s your answer? WTF?

I bet you that if she was a Dylan Mulvaney looking trans person they’d have less of an issue with it. I think the fatness plays a big part.

On the contrary, being soft and flabby arguably makes the biological sex less obvious. The sorority probably intended for her to be the token fatty.

Why put the onus on the victims of sexual harassment?

Victim shaming? If they don’t like being harassed they can leave? That’s your answer? WTF?

The sorority they belong to decided to select that person to their sorority.

At that point a person has a decision to make...accept the decision or move on.

There is no sexual harassment if they decide to move on.

I do not get all you wannabe conservatives that somehow think it is ok to tell a group of people that they cannot do what they want to do when it is not causing any real harm to someone else.

Ya it might be inconvenient for the girls that did not want to be part of having a trans in their sorority. Probably already has cost them some college friendships.

Nobody is forcing them to stay in the sorority...move on....for them I get that it will painful in many ways...but obviously the group that was going to be there for you...does not give a shit about your opinions. Find a new group of friends...maybe another sorority....or God forbid...just do dorm college life.

The libs here will be the first to tell ya I am not going to have many opinions that fits in their world view (which I always think is a good thing...different opinions...discussing your different opinions).

The biggest part of being a conservative to me is self thought...people living their own life...self determination, not group think....individualism.

Now we have this version of conservatives that seem they are appointed to tell everyone else how they are supposed to live and think. Promise you that you are no different than any liberal that I will argue with non-stop that is trying to do the same from their perspective. Conservatives are not supposed to let their personal feelings on an issue guide them.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT