ADVERTISEMENT

A vote for Biden is a vote for Elder Abuse

Border security is an absolute joke right now. It’s been the biggest **** up of Biden’s presidency, especially with the blatant refusal to even acknowledge it until an election year.

Again, I have said multiple times I would disagree with her politically on many issues. Again, that is not what is in question or even being argued.

The only reason I disagree is because Ted Cruz and buddies went to the border 2 weeks into Biden’s presidency. They planned to make it an issue. 2019 there were almost a million border encounters and they didn’t say a word. They didn’t say crap about the wall not being completed and wall funds being stolen. They. Don’t. Care. The border has been a thing for my entire life. It’s not on my top 5 concerns list.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
How is that “apathetic”? I’d much prefer a Whitmer/Buttigieg ticket but that isn’t happening so my preference isn’t worth a warm bucket of spit now.

Either Biden or Trump - barring something occurring - will be the next POTUS. The ONLY relevant question is which one will be better or, alternatively, less dangerous. On neither score is Trump remotely qualified.

Common sense would dictate that you make your choice based on that understanding. Not voting or throwing a vote away…that’s apathy.
"it is what it is" is almost the actual definition of apathy.

Apathy is a state of indifference or a lack of interest, enthusiasm, or concern about something. When someone is apathetic, they may not care about outcomes or show any motivation to engage in activities or address issues.

Example: Consider a situation where a person is discussing the upcoming election with friends HROT. They express that they aren't particularly enthusiastic about either candidate and feel both have significant flaws. Despite their lack of strong support for either option, they decide to vote for the candidate they consider the lesser of two evils. When asked why they're voting if they aren't excited about either choice, they shrug and say, "It is what it is." This phrase reflects their apathetic attitude, indicating they will vote out of a sense of duty but without enthusiasm or strong conviction.

The only reason I disagree is because Ted Cruz and buddies went to the border 2 weeks into Biden’s presidency. They planned to make it an issue. 2019 there were almost a million border encounters and they didn’t say a word. They didn’t say crap about the wall not being completed and wall funds being stolen. They. Don’t. Care. The border has been a thing for my entire life. It’s not on my top 5 concerns list.
as an issue, the border is no different than the national debt

something to campaign on, but not ever address with legislation when they have the chance.

My gosh you’re pathetic.
I’m not the one who thinks they’re smarter than Joe Biden. Do you ever actually listen to him or only Republican sound bites? Did you watch the SOTU? He went off script more than any president ever. He’s not dumb. Anyone who thinks he is…and you have proven to be that person more than anyone on this board is, well, dumb.

"it is what it is" is almost the actual definition of apathy.

Apathy is a state of indifference or a lack of interest, enthusiasm, or concern about something. When someone is apathetic, they may not care about outcomes or show any motivation to engage in activities or address issues.

Example: Consider a situation where a person is discussing the upcoming election with friends HROT. They express that they aren't particularly enthusiastic about either candidate and feel both have significant flaws. Despite their lack of strong support for either option, they decide to vote for the candidate they consider the lesser of two evils. When asked why they're voting if they aren't excited about either choice, they shrug and say, "It is what it is." This phrase reflects their apathetic attitude, indicating they will vote out of a sense of duty but without enthusiasm or strong conviction.
So what do you call it when someone says “phuck it, I’m not voting”? I’m highly motivated to vote in this election. I’m not excited by Biden. Am I apathetic?

I’m not the one who thinks they’re smarter than Joe Biden. Do you ever actually listen to him or only Republican sound bites? Did you watch the SOTU? He went off script more than any president ever. He’s not dumb. Anyone who thinks he is…and you have proven to be that person more than anyone on this board is, well, dumb.
Just speaking generically, do we honestly know how "smart" goldie is (or isn't)? Technically speaking, being "smarter" means having a natural ability to think quickly, solve problems, and adapt to new situations. It's about your innate cognitive skills—how well you can understand, learn, and come up with solutions on the fly.

On the other hand, being "more educated or experienced" is all about the knowledge and skills you've gained through schooling and hands-on practice. It's about spending time learning in a structured environment or gaining practical skills through real-world experiences. This kind of background means you have a deep understanding of specific areas (like politicis) because you've been exposed to and practiced in them extensively.

So, while a smartr person might pick up new things quickly, a more educated or experienced person has a wealth of knowledge and skills from their training and experience. I'd certainly feel confident saying Biden is more educated and experienced than goldie. ;)

Just tell me you are holding your nose, covering one eye, while gasping for a solid breath while casting your vote. Otherwise, you sound like Biden sycophant. Tell me you believe our country deserves better than this.

Our country deserves better but you know that the only two actual options we will likely have (barring death/jail time etc..) are not close to being comparable. Biden is old and forgets stuff. Trump has the exact same issues and then some. I would vote for 81 year old Biden over a 50 year old Trump in a heartbeat.

as an issue, the border is no different than the national debt

something to campaign on, but not ever address with legislation when they have the chance.
Exactly. I don’t fall for that stuff…because logic. Some people do.

For example, if there were multiple leaks from inside the administration, like there was with Trump being a buffoon, that Biden was losing it, I could get on board. That hasn’t been a thing. The people who say it, hate Democrats and listen to rightwing media, and groups who doctor videos trying to make it look like Joe shit himself.

Again, I’m not falling for rightwing bullshit. My default is when people like Ted Cruz, Tim Scott, MTG say things, I am positive it’s a lie and go from there.

Last edited:
C’mon…your characterization of Trump’s potential team as “criminal yes-men” is simply a Dem talking point/scare tactic. It appears Biden policies are mainly driven by the far left of his party, rather than moderate Dems, which is scary.

You combat a talking point with a talking point? "C'mon" is right.

Reactions: funksouljon
Just speaking generically, do we honestly know how "smart" goldie is (or isn't)? Technically speaking, being "smarter" means having a natural ability to think quickly, solve problems, and adapt to new situations. It's about your innate cognitive skills—how well you can understand, learn, and come up with solutions on the fly.

On the other hand, being "more educated or experienced" is all about the knowledge and skills you've gained through schooling and hands-on practice. It's about spending time learning in a structured environment or gaining practical skills through real-world experiences. This kind of background means you have a deep understanding of specific areas (like politicis) because you've been exposed to and practiced in them extensively.

So, while a smartr person might pick up new things quickly, a more educated or experienced person has a wealth of knowledge and skills from their training and experience. I'd certainly feel confident saying Biden is more educated and experienced than goldie. ;)
Goldie voted for Donald Trump twice. She fell for the lies of a conman. So to be fair…yeah, he’s more intelligent.

So what do you call it when someone says “phuck it, I’m not voting”? I’m highly motivated to vote in this election. I’m not excited by Biden. Am I apathetic?
Depends on the outlook of the individual. For example, I personally never said "phuck it". I'm actually pissed and will walk into the voting booth, voting for everything right up to the Presidency and take an active, not apathetic, stand by not voting for either.

Imagine if more people would do that. They won't though, they will vote out of Trump fear. Same thing goes for 3rd Party. At one point, Gary Johnson was polling at 13%, then people got cold feet and cowered back into their party lines. That's not how change happens.

There's really no need for us to go round and round again on this...I've had this discussion with both you and Riley and we don't see eye-to-eye on it. And that's okay.

Goldie voted for Donald Trump twice. She fell for the lies of a conman. So to be fair…yeah, he’s more intelligent.
Walk Away Fran Healy GIF by Travis

Reactions: Tom Paris
T
Our country deserves better but you know that the only two actual options we will likely have (barring death/jail time etc..) are not close to being comparable. Biden is old and forgets stuff. Trump has the exact same issues and then some. I would vote for 81 year old Biden over a 50 year old Trump in a heartbeat.
This is the correct analysis. End of thread

And many on here would vote for milkshake over Trump. Not the point. How did we get here. How to we right the ship?

I love this thread. Great discussions going on; however, it will die off in favor of circle jerk threads like the one we're in now.

And many on here would vote for milkshake over Trump. Not the point. How did we get here. How to we right the ship?

I love this thread. Great discussions going on; however, it will die off in favor of circle jerk threads like the one we're in now.

You want to know how we got here? Read Al Franken’s 2004 book, Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them. He called out what Rush and Fox were doing 20 years ago, and here we are…a third of the country is brainwashed.

Maybe the 3000% increase in people on the terror watch list is some cause for concern. And that is the number from the ones we actually caught.

I agree with you about hypocrisy not being unique to one side of the aisle.

I disagree border security is a nominal issue. It’s very important to the safety and security of our country.

With that said, you might agree with me on my belief mass deportations was a terrible idea. There were a lot of good, hard-working, law-abiding, tax-paying people who were just here trying to live. They should have been allowed to have a reasonable pathway to citizenship. I also think we should be looking to take in more people fleeing Latin America who are willing to start out taking shit jobs most Americans are unwilling to do and can work their way up from there.

Regardless, none of that is feasible until we get serious about securing our southern border. Without it, there is no way to track who is coming into our country to cause problems. With a secure southern border, we can maybe have a sensible and pragmatic solution for those seeking asylum and wanting to build a better life in America. But we have to have a secure border and an actual vetting process. That should be nonnegotiable.

Exactly. I don’t fall for that stuff…because logic. Some people do.

For example, if there were multiple leaks from inside the administration, like there was with Trump being a buffoon, that Biden was losing it, I could get on board. That hasn’t been a thing. The people who say it, hate Democrats and listen to rightwing media, and groups who doctor videos trying to make it look like Joe shit himself.

Again, I’m not falling for rightwing bullshit. My default is when people like Ted Cruz, Tim Scott, MTG say things, I am positive it’s a lie and go from there.

When reports like this come out you just ignore or dismiss them.

Either you’re a liar or just plain delusional.

Behind Closed Doors, Biden Shows Signs of Slipping​

WASHINGTON—When President Biden met with congressional leaders in the West Wing in January to negotiate a Ukraine funding deal, he spoke so softly at times that some participants struggled to hear him, according to five people familiar with the meeting. He read from notes to make obvious points, paused for extended periods and sometimes closed his eyes for so long that some in the room wondered whether he had tuned out.

A couple highlights were amusing, yes. 😉
What would you list as her 5 biggest career achievements (not titles obv, but actual work)? I'll discount what it sounds like any time she speaks and am totally open to hearing about her successful record.

What would you list as her 5 biggest career achievements (not titles obv, but actual work)? I'll discount what it sounds like any time she speaks and am totally open to hearing about her successful record.
Why am I being asked to campaign for her? Because I reject the idea she is an idiot?

How about if I was just an American citizen?
Welp, I already suggested what the females might do, the males are probably 50/50.
Which is why Republicans seldom win the popular vote. And another reason to get rid of the electoral vote and allowing low population States to have too much influence.

Last edited:
I would prefer better choices. I don't like either. I will vote for Biden, but my vote is not in support of him, its a vote against Trump.

This...if the GQP stops nominating traitorous piece of shit humans I'll never vote for a Democrat again

Why am I being asked to campaign for her? Because I reject the idea she is an idiot?
I'm not asking you to campaign, merely trying to understand how you claim she is intelligent and not a DEI hire. You told me it's not her public speaking, so I assumed her actions convinced you that she's not actually a moron. 5 seemed like am easy low number for a VP but I'd settle for 2 even. Can you name 2 career highlights that have convinced you she's not an idiot (again, not titles but actual things she's done)?

Yep.

And a woman of color would be an absolute disaster as leader of the free world. Can’t have that. 🙄
🙄SMH….. There are women of color that could effectively run the country. Kamala isn’t one of them. Apparently that is the argument you are making, which is pretty damn weak.

I'm not asking you to campaign, merely trying to understand how you claim she is intelligent and not a DEI hire. You told me it's not her public speaking, so I assumed her actions convinced you that she's not actually a moron. 5 seemed like am easy low number for a VP but I'd settle for 2 even. Can you name 2 career highlights that have convinced you she's not an idiot (again, not titles but actual things she's done)?
There are no redeeming qualities in any of the GOP VP candidates. All are jokes and would be terrible choices. The only qualification is to deny the 2020 election results and to bend over to trump.

There are no redeeming qualities in any of the GOP VP candidates. All are jokes and would be terrible choices. The only qualification is to deny the 2020 election results and to bend over to trump.
Who are these alleged vp candidates you're referencing?

I agree with you about hypocrisy not being unique to one side of the aisle.

I disagree border security is a nominal issue. It’s very important to the safety and security of our country.

With that said, you might agree with me on my belief mass deportations was a terrible idea. There were a lot of good, hard-working, law-abiding, tax-paying people who were just here trying to live. They should have been allowed to have a reasonable pathway to citizenship. I also think we should be looking to take in more people fleeing Latin America who are willing to start out taking shit jobs most Americans are unwilling to do and can work their way up from there.

Regardless, none of that is feasible until we get serious about securing our southern border. Without it, there is no way to track who is coming into our country to cause problems. With a secure southern border, we can maybe have a sensible and pragmatic solution for those seeking asylum and wanting to build a better life in America. But we have to have a secure border and an actual vetting process. That should be nonnegotiable.
QiThis literally should have been taken care of on a bipartisan supermajority decades ago. I am convinced that neither party truly cares enough to fix the border or it would have been done by now. Biden could have given Republicans what they wanted, mostly, and squashed the issue. Then Langford writes “the best bill Republicans will ever get” and Trump torpedoed it. The border and Middle East…right and left can’t figure it out. My entire life.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT