ADVERTISEMENT

Aaron Brooks

Word is he is going up to 197 and conel will be out. Doesn't seem like he is panning out too well

Reactions: lionlover
Can’t Brooks wrestle in 4 matches and still redshirt or is wrestling different from other NCAA sports?

Once you wear the singlet or wrestle in an official match the redshirt is pulled. I don't think Cael had any choice and still be able to keep up with Iowa this year. Brooks is a great athlete that improves their chances at that weight.

Once you wear the singlet or wrestle in an official match the redshirt is pulled. I don't think Cael had any choice and still be able to keep up with Iowa this year. Brooks is a great athlete that improves their chances at that weight.

There is no question that a combination of what Iowa is showing in addition to Conel just not being what we hoped he would be is what drove this decision. Those in the know feel that Brooks is way ahead of Beard at this point, and is ready to contribute now. Cael likes Brooks-Rasheed better than Rasheed-Beard. This is going to be a season to remember with Iowa and PSU, and I wouldn't want it any other way.

Reactions: Ski
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT