ADVERTISEMENT

Final X June 10th

Great interview here. CM really opens up about his rivalry with JB, the three matches, and his thought process after dropping the first one. He talked about how Kolat called him and told him to hang it up because wrestling is destructive for him and how that motivated him. What’s crystal clear is how much he loves the sport. Maybe Chance isn’t as well spoken but his message is gold.

Shit Piles, get a friggin room. Now go interview JB in a sawmill.

It's sad to see Gilman's wrestling decline as a nlwc member. Seems like they were able to use and build off of his coaching and training from the HWC, but as time went on the training he's getting at the nlwc isn't keeping him at top form. It's too bad, I wonder if an ex Hawk gets the same attention from the coaches as a past psu guy??

I just listened to this whole podcast. Chance talks about his addiction and recovery. He seems like a good guy and easy to cheer for him after listening to his experience.

This is a helluva interview because it is away from the mat and Chance is able to articulate his story in a relaxed atmosphere. He covers from starting wrestling to post 2022 trials.

This is a helluva interview because it is away from the mat and Chance is able to articulate his story in a relaxed atmosphere. He covers from starting wrestling to post 2022 trials.

Yep. I had no idea the extent of his addiction. I had actually assumed he was clean when he was at Lock Haven and beat Marinelli. He's a lot smarter than I would've predicted (my bad) prior to hearing him in a long form interview.

Yep. I had no idea the extent of his addiction. I had actually assumed he was clean when he was at Lock Haven and beat Marinelli. He's a lot smarter than I would've predicted (my bad) prior to hearing him in a long form interview.

Most people would be surprised at just how well some addicts can function. Glad to see that he's turned it around and hoping that he can continue to live a clean life.

Huh? Alternate reality much? They just met.
Goes quite a bit deeper than that imo. You guys know this.
Burroughs and Chance have met 5 times.
Some familiarity there.
I'm rooting for Chance to win the gold but I can definitely see the reasoning behind thinking Burroughs would be the best shot at a medal.
Burroughs has been there, done that, many times. He knows all aspects of being a champion on the world stage.
Chance, not so much.

Reactions: el dub
Some familiarity there.
I'm rooting for Chance to win the gold but I can definitely see the reasoning behind thinking Burroughs would be the best shot at a medal.
Burroughs has been there, done that, many times. He knows all aspects of being a champion on the world stage.
Chance, not so much.
Every champ has a first title. Every.one.

Reactions: Sett1997
Some familiarity there.
Chance, not so much.

Burroughs is unfortunately past his prime. He's still an absolute beast and probably could still medal if on the team, but Chance is like 6 years younger. Chance just beat Burroughs 3-0 and he also beat Burroughs once last year. It's not a fluke. He's just better than Burroughs currently. Chance is probably close to his peak currently. I think he medals this year.

His build also just doesn't make sense and is problematic for his opponents. Insanely stout, yet still very quick and agile.

Chance was the #1 PFP recruit out of high school. He’s living clean now and fulfilling his potential. I’ll be shocked if he doesn’t medal.

Reactions: el dub
Damn, Rose Cassioppi put to her back late in match. Loses 9-8.

Welker makes the World team, 8-5 over Guilford.

Yeah. Haven't talked to my brother yet . . . Payton was on the world team last year (3rd place) and was really hoping for a repeat. He'll wrestle in the U23 worlds (he's still only 20 years old), getting some more excellent experience and we'll hope that he'll break through next year to go to the Olympics in Paris. (Fingers crossed)

For the record, only the #1 person is on the World Team. The top 3 placers overall make the US National Team. Kylie Welker won her true 3rd place match to make the US National Team etc.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT