ADVERTISEMENT

Final X June 10th

If Vito medals at 61 kg Worlds, do we know what that earns him in 2024 Olympic Trials at 57 kg?

No it does not. Has to be same weight. That being said 57 is going to be crazy, Lee, Gilman, Richards, Vito? Fix? RBY?

Don't think process has officially been announced yet.

If it's the same as last Olympics, World medalist at Olympic weight gets a pass to best-of-three finals at OTT. World medalist at non-olympic weight gets a pass to the semis at OTT of the weight they choose.

Chance was one of those guys who looked inevitable when he was coming up. He came from a rough background and made a lot of poor life decisions. Just to be able to get sober and maintain it is a huge victory but to get here is just crazy...especially going through JB. Great story.

Wait. What? He was an asshole while IN Iowa City. Why would you expect that to change upon leaving? It’s who he is. Embrace it.

Gilman explicitly called out Ramos's departure and said something to the effect of once a hawk always a hawk to only shortly after pull a Ramos 2.0.

Reactions: Exo
It's ****ing ridiculous and a shame that Olympic years have reduced weight classes. What would it take to bring back all of the weight classes? Is that just completely off the table at this point?
Remember we are dealing with the IOC. As we know, we damn near lost wrestling all together. However, you’re spot on. It’s completely reasonable to have 10 weight classes in the Olympics.

Chance was one of those guys who looked inevitable when he was coming up. He came from a rough background and made a lot of poor life decisions. Just to be able to get sober and maintain it is a huge victory but to get here is just crazy...especially going through JB. Great story.
As happy as I am for Chance (not even going to try to misspell his last name), my heart hurts for JB. I wanted him to go out on his own terms. I have to think he hangs it up now. he was a great ambassador for the sport and for America.
That being said- amazing and inspiring story about Chance. Good for him.

As happy as I am for Chance (not even going to try to misspell his last name), my heart hurts for JB. I wanted him to go out on his own terms. I have to think he hangs it up now. he was a great ambassador for the sport and for America.
he’s not hanging it up a year before the olympics

I thought JB started to unlace in the center of the mat and then his corner coach got to him, spoke for a bit, and then JB walked off the mat with shoes still on. I'm thinking he reminded JB that the Olympic year is just next year, and to give it more thought.

Your heart hurts for Burroughs, lol? He's been the beneficiary of an incredible advantage for the last 12 years of WTT/OTT. Someone had to lose yesterday, I'm all for Marsteller getting it done.

Your heart hurts for Burroughs, lol? He's been the beneficiary of an incredible advantage for the last 12 years of WTT/OTT. Someone had to lose yesterday, I'm all for Marsteller getting it done.
It’s not a laughing matter. Burroughs earned those advantages. In many of those years he beat Dake, who is one the best international wrestlers we’ve had in the last decade.
Marsteller’s performance was an incredible feat, however, to dis Burroughs is darn right disrespectful.

It’s not a laughing matter. Burroughs earned those advantages. In many of those years he beat Dake, who is one the best international wrestlers we’ve had in the last decade.
Marsteller’s performance was an incredible feat, however, to dis Burroughs is darn right disrespectful.
Who's dissing Burroughs? He's not in his prime anymore. His run has been incredible but I don't see him running the gauntlet at 74kg next year. I think his medal run is over, thats all.

Reactions: Hawkgma
Warner grew up down near Zane and they've known each other forever. Medlin who's the coach for Zane was Warner coach thru HS
I loved it. Trolling Gilman, the ultimate mouth piece was perfect. I loved him wrestling for Iowa, but hated how he put down Iowa after he left. Dake and Snyder both left their programs and have handled it with class. Gilman was the exact opposite. I don't know Richards, but was happy he beat Gilman.

I will say this also - I could listen to JB talk all day. I love his interviews and perspective on life. I had a hard time listening to Chance after his win. I will definitely miss JB and the way he represents the USA.

I also agree that he is no longer in his prime and he seemed just a tick slower. I cannot see him making it to the Olys at 74 kilos. Too much of a cut to be effective once he is down there. We watched the changing of the guard last week.

Best of life to JB in the future.

I will say this also - I could listen to JB talk all day. I love his interviews and perspective on life. I had a hard time listening to Chance after his win. I will definitely miss JB and the way he represents the USA.

I also agree that he is no longer in his prime and he seemed just a tick slower. I cannot see him making it to the Olys at 74 kilos. Too much of a cut to be effective once he is down there. We watched the changing of the guard last week.

He ain't any slower. But his power is gone. I thought it would be the speed that goes first, but its still there.

He got to his double on more than a few occasions on Chance, but that low blast, where guys just fall over? Not there anymore.

And i still can't believe he didn't finish that shot in match 2.

Reactions: lookleft goright
He ain't any slower. But his power is gone. I thought it would be the speed that goes first, but its still there.

He got to his double on more than a few occasions on Chance, but that low blast, where guys just fall over? Not there anymore.

Also Chance is a big 79kg he will go 86kg next year. He cuts a ton

Reactions: vhsalum

Agree with listening to JB all day. But curious about your comments on Chance. Care to elaborate? (Understood if you don’t want to.)

Chance is a tough dude to takedown in JB’s wheelhouse. The guy has unreal hips and short, tree trunk legs combined with great mat awareness.

Agree with listening to JB all day. But curious about your comments on Chance. Care to elaborate? (Understood if you don’t want to.)

Great interview here. CM really opens up about his rivalry with JB, the three matches, and his thought process after dropping the first one. He talked about how Kolat called him and told him to hang it up because wrestling is destructive for him and how that motivated him. What’s crystal clear is how much he loves the sport. Maybe Chance isn’t as well spoken but his message is gold.

Great interview here. CM really opens up about his rivalry with JB, the three matches, and his thought process after dropping the first one. He talked about how Kolat called him and told him to hang it up because wrestling is destructive for him and how that motivated him. What’s crystal clear is how much he loves the sport. Maybe Chance isn’t as well spoken but his message is gold.

I’m really trying to listen to him, but the background noise in this video is making it unwatchable for me.

Reactions: GogglesPaizano

I just listened to this whole podcast. Chance talks about his addiction and recovery. He seems like a good guy and easy to cheer for him after listening to his experience.

Reactions: IAChief32 and mcpat
I just listened to this whole podcast. Chance talks about his addiction and recovery. He seems like a good guy and easy to cheer for him after listening to his experience.

Thanks for posting this. He's a very impressive person. It takes a lot of courage to look inward at a the mess you've created and then ask for help.

Thoughts on Chance's performance at Worlds vs Burroughs had Burroughs got the spot?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT