To head home.

Hope it doesn't crash.

Ts & Ps in advance!

c8dd89feb5777d5ccbff83dad4b642a9.gif

How's your jet doing?
Well...

Not good.

8:15pm ET update.

Waited 2hrs for some of the crew to show up. Then waited another 2hrs for a "maintenance issue" that eventually resulted in changing to a new plane (which isn't here yet).

No, neither plane is a Boeing (Airbus).

Still seems to be a chance for catastrophe...

• Wow
Reactions: BrianNole777
Well...

Not good.

Waited 2hrs for some of the crew to show up. Then waited another 2hrs for a "maintenance issue" that eventually resulted in changing to a new plane (which isn't here yet).

On the plus side, I got a $15 meal voucher.

On the down side, I found out you can't use it for hookers and blow.

Well...

Not good.

How many airport beers have you had?

Damn I hate being stuck in airports.

I had three before the initial planned time of departure. But that was a while ago. Now I'm just tired.
That's the bear you are up against when taking on the challenge/glory of airport beers. Arguably a top 2 beer, certainly a top 5 beer, once you commit you just gotta strap in and hope you don't get too shity during a delay.

Godspeed.

• Love
Reactions: NDallasRuss
To head home.

Hope it doesn't crash.

Ts & Ps in advance!

c8dd89feb5777d5ccbff83dad4b642a9.gif
Well, look on the bright side Russ!

If, and I mean IF, a crash were to occur it almost never happens mid-flight.

So all you have to do is hope and pray takeoff and initial climb go smooth and then you just have to spend the rest of the flight worrying about a safe landing.

BTW - Those of us in the industry prefer not to use the term “landing” and instead call it a “controlled crash.”

So have a nice trip OR nice knowin’ ya!

Reactions: NDallasRuss
Well, look on the bright side Russ!

If, and I mean IF, a crash were to occur it almost never happens mid-flight.

So all you have to do is hope and pray takeoff and initial climb go smooth and then you just have to spend the rest of the flight worrying about a safe landing.

BTW - Those of us in the industry prefer not to use the term “landing” and instead call it a “controlled crash.”

So have a nice trip OR nice knowin’ ya!
The daughter (no pics) knows that if I die in an accident on a work trip, life insurance pays double. So, either way someone is a winner!

Idk bout y’all but it seems like about every other airplane trip, shit gets delayed or cancelled. I am starting to think it’s some ploy to sell more $13 bloody marys and $9 personal godfathers pizzas.

That’s the right attitude!

Although, when I fly, my mind does wander to the thought that my spouse and kids could be praying for a mishap. They wonder why I drink when I fly.

You ok dude?

Why would it cross your mind that your wife or kids would want you gone???

I mean I worry about my wife and kids being able to emotionally recover from me dying in a accident. (Not to mention financially). You are worried that they might actually want you to die??

Either your relationship with them is extremely poor or you don't see yourself as having value.

That's the bear you are up against when taking on the challenge/glory of airport beers. Arguably a top 2 beer, certainly a top 5 beer, once you commit you just gotta strap in and hope you don't get too shity during a delay.

Godspeed.
We had a 5 hour delay in Denver last weekend. Killed 2 of it at great divide brewery pub. Ran up a $170 tab on 2 burgers, an app and a few beers.

And if you ever have a choice between having a 5 hour delay with 3 kids ages 3-8 and amputating your own pinky toe with a shovel, I suggest the shovel.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT