ADVERTISEMENT

Absolutely pathetic crowd

Sans any photographs or other frame of refernce, assume it is tonight's crowd vs Md. The good news is they dimmed the lights so the TV audience doesn't see.

Weather is fine for now, should get considerably worse after 9PM or so from what I've been hearing on the Weather Forecasts.

I would like to submit my excuse. I got sick and have been vomiting for 12 hours now.

Some kid puked after the game on the concourse. He tried covering it, but it squirted out the sides. It hit several people, including my better half, but I was spared thankfully.

The roads were slightly covered on the way to the QCA. Not ideal, but not terrible. 60-65 mph with the left lane completely covered.

The parking near CHA is still a nightmare and dumb as hell. Roughly 35-45 minutes to even leave your parking spot is just crap.

Estimated (by me) 12,800-13,300 fans. The students were better than most games.

Reactions: Hawksfor3 and Moral
I was there and thought the crowd was fine. They were loud enough when Iowa went on their runs.

Reactions: Hawksfor3
It got loud at end not much to cheer for till then. Wasted opportunity. Drive to Des Moines was fine until around Altoona. Annoyed with the clunker of a game.

Reactions: BBHawk
Some kid puked after the game on the concourse. He tried covering it, but it squirted out the sides. It hit several people, including my better half, but I was spared thankfully.

The roads were slightly covered on the way to the QCA. Not ideal, but not terrible. 60-65 mph with the left lane completely covered.

The parking near CHA is still a nightmare and dumb as hell. Roughly 35-45 minutes to even leave your parking spot is just crap.

Estimated (by me) 12,800-13,300 fans. The students were better than most games.
Steady snowfall on way back to DBQ. 40-50 MPH & caravan of 10-20 cars. Need couple of Red Label & H20 to unwind. yes 30 minutes to get out of park lot.

Reactions: iahawks10
I parked at the Vine and got back to DSM by 1130. Not much to complain about other than the score. Crowd was good.

I was there and thought the crowd was fine. They were loud enough when Iowa went on their runs.

Sounded good on tv. The problem was the home team didn’t give them anything to cheer about until late in the game. Kind of tough for crowd to get rowdie when the play on the court was below par!

Students need to be courtside. Until they change that the place is going to be dead. Watch NC and Duke tonight if you want to hear noise which results in home court advantage.

Reactions: fivec61
Students need to be courtside. Until they change that the place is going to be dead. Watch NC and Duke tonight if you want to hear noise which results in home court advantage.

Iowa already has been in the best home court advantages in college basketball. Why change it?

The students weren’t any more loud than the rest of us last night.

Jess settles had a great point on this issue. Until the students show up consistently, keep them where they are at. If they can continually show up, then reward them by moving them closer to the floor and behind the benches!

The crowd seems very fired up. Quit worrying about who's not there and applaud the 13000+ who braved the weather.
Agree 100. Never understand why others choose to spend so much time dogging on the crowd and who is or isn't there.

Not every fan can make it to week night games. Not every fan wants to risk driving in potentially dangerous weather ... Focus on "you" and stop worrying about everyone else.

I was there and drove to Waterloo as the snow was getting brutal. Wanted to push through to MSP but wasn't going to happen.

Students had a lot of mid-terms this week which diminished that element. Lots of no shows from Central Iowa with the winter storm warning.

Anyone in the CR/IC corridor on east should not have blamed weather!

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
The ten second call was as loud as I’ve heard CHA. It was arguably louder than when Baer hit that three vs Michigan a few weeks back. There was a time late in the game that I didn’t hear the refs whistle when Iowa was on defense.

The crowd usually goes as the team does. When Iowa fought back, the crowd was looking for a reason to get loud.

That first half should have been played with peach baskets. Horrible basketball.

Iowa was 28th in average attendance last year. I'm sure those numbers are higher this year. Most blue bloods don't sell out mid-week games. Get over it.

Crowd was a little late showing but ended up being a great crowd. Pretty good student section. Place was very amped several times during the game. Personally, I hate all the stupid promos. These really need to be revamped. Crowd sits down and the place goes quiet. Every game should have the DJ down by the students and free pizza for the students and they will show up. Minnesota has dominos hand out boxes of pizza. Don’t need the Franwich, Delta Dental and so on. School band and the DJ get the crowd going and keep them going.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT