ADVERTISEMENT

AJ a Hawkeye after all?

I don't have a problem with anything Anthony did at the SS.
This. And hopefully the two Junior Ferraris have seen the lack of interest in AJ from other schools as a wake up for them. This is the best opportunity they are going to have and they shouldn’t fall into their brothers trap.

How so? Ferrari hasn’t wrestled or been in a college room for 2 years—or been down at 197 for consecutive weigh ins—and still beat him. He’s also a former NCAA champ.
Yet many of you are calling hill>hutmacher, who also hasn’t been in a wrestling room for several years……what’s the difference?

Yet many of you are calling hill>hutmacher, who also hasn’t been in a wrestling room for several years……what’s the difference?

The difference is two fold:

Even though he’s a problem, AJF is a proven college wrestler. He’s an NCAA champ. Hutmacher has no college results to speak of other than a pin of a not good Wyoming HWT.

Hill was Iowa’s 3rd best HWT coming into the season.

Reactions: sabula
What do we make of the fact that Anthony isn’t on the roster yet? AJ’s status aside, I can’t think of any reason he wouldn’t be listed.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ikS
What do we make of the fact that Anthony isn’t on the roster yet? AJ’s status aside, I can’t think of any reason he wouldn’t be listed.

Here are four:

1. The second semester doesn’t start until Tuesday.

2. He didn’t make it academically.

3. He was denied by Iowa.

4. He’s decided not to join the program.

He also has Swafford on his workout program according to Instagram and the guy is looking pretty swol.
Is Swafford done for good? It’s been hush hush. Wondering why he’s working hard with AJ in weight room if his athletic career is over, unless he’s taking a stab at free style.

Is Swafford done for good? It’s been hush hush. Wondering why he’s working hard with AJ in weight room if his athletic career is over, unless he’s taking a stab at free style.
I'm fairly certain that it's done although I suppose he has the same right to appeal as everyone else. I'm fairly certain he's a grad student studying art so I suspect since he's still in school he's still working out with the team. Probably a good workout partner. Maybe looking at freestyle or MMA?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT