ADVERTISEMENT

AJ Ferrari in the house last night

I don't think Gross was kicked off. He had an option to work his way back and chose a fresh start instead. I'm pretty sure one of the other kids arrested with him was back on the team afterwards.

I'm not sure Seth Gross is Seth Gross at Iowa anyway. He was not good his freshman year here. AJ Schopp was really important to his development at SDSU. Who on our staff was going to develop that skillset?
Maybe that is a bit of semantics. He was removed from the team. To many, that is being "kicked off". Even "The Gazette" had the following headline for the incident: "Iowa Wrestlers Kicked off the Team"....

Just cut bait with the entire family. Not hard.

Try to keep Angelo. If daddy says they are a package or nothing, then tell him to f-off. Angelo is the only one who is going to do anything in wrestling, and Iowa is the best place for him to be. If dad wants to screw Angelo because his older brothers are criminal narcissist thugs, then so be it, they can all wrestle at some junior college somewhere.

If I were a betting man (which I am), my money is on Angelo ending up at Rutgers and the other 2 never seeing an NCAA mat again.

giphy.gif

Then why wait until now to say it? Why wouldn't you have posted that on here prior to now?

I mean, man, this part of the topic went how many days with 5 pages of posts? You were there and never came on and said, "Hey, I was there guys. This is exactly what happened?"

Is this the same thing as your "Kueter is going to leave because of the Ferrari's" source? ;)
My guess is that he’s not interested in outing himself. What connection does he have to Florida HS wrestling? I think I know…. Lol

Hell this family is always good for a breaking story. If they ever make it to Iowa TnT will never have a good nights sleep waiting for the phone to ring. Really good wrestlers but just wtf, it can only be a misunderstanding, not true, rumors so much before it’s a pattern. And I’ve wanted them to come but it never ends.

How many thousands of people go to that event? Saying you were there doesn't "out" you in any way...
What connection does a guy from Iowa have in Florida with hs wrestling? I’m guessing he’s close friends with competitors family…

What connection does a guy from Iowa have in Florida with hs wrestling? I’m guessing he’s close friends with competitors family…
Has he ever said he is from Iowa? I don't recall that...

I’m pretty sure he’s connected to the Iowa program. He didn’t need to say that for me to grasp that detail.
Being "connected" can be so many things at so many levels. Hell, he could live in Costa Rica and his brother's, sister's, nephew's, cousin's, best friend's Aunt's boyfriend could be who he is getting any of his information from...

Reactions: acuhawk
Being "connected" can be so many things at so many levels. Hell, he could live in Costa Rica and his brother's, sister's, nephew's, cousin's, best friend's Aunt's boyfriend could be who he is getting any of his information from...
Or he could have been part of the program. (Hypothetically speaking.)

Last edited:
AJ would have to assault someone on camera for @MSU158 to stop defending him. Oh wait....
Refs don’t count, apparently. Apparently touching AJ to guide him out of a venue he’s been booted from is worse than him slapping a ref in the face, according to some around here.

Reactions: goldenanimal
Giant difference between defending and SOME OF THE TIME, giving him the benefit of the doubt. For the sake of accuracy, the distinction needs to be glaringly obvious to all...
I enjoy how often you have a penn state troll or illiterates on the hook. Please never leave.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Gobblin

I don’t do twitter and can’t confirm, but supposedly one of the likes on the post is from your 197.
Correct, but not a surprise. I believe someone on here said he was a Ferrari hater long before the SS, which explains the way he reacted at the end. It was brilliant, played AJ like a fiddle, saved his spot in the lineup. Hope he doesn’t flame out at NCAA’s like Colby did last year.

I enjoy how often you have a penn state troll or illiterate on the hook. Please never leave.
Although I do have a tendency to do what you say, in this case, it is simply a disagreement with 2 solid Iowa fans who seem to have a major dislike of the Ferraris and/or Brands...

Reactions: acuhawk
A major difference there. Gross broke a rather severe law, while on the team and admitting he did so. The Brands had no choice. With the Ferraris continuing to put up so much smoke, even I am now leaning towards cutting ties with the older 2. But, it is very important to make the distinction when comparing Gross to them...
They offer Gross a chance to stay and take some punishment. He chose to leave instead. The only one who took them up on the offer to stay and redeem themselves was a kid out of Quad cities.

They offer Gross a chance to stay and take some punishment. He chose to leave instead. The only one who took them up on the offer to stay and redeem themselves was a kid out of Quad cities.
No argument from me. I simply said he was in fact kicked off the team and that Brands had no choice but to do so at the time...

Correct, but not a surprise. I believe someone on here said he was a Ferrari hater long before the SS, which explains the way he reacted at the end. It was brilliant, played AJ like a fiddle, saved his spot in the lineup. Hope he doesn’t flame out at NCAA’s like Colby did last year.
Zach is an awesome guy. You can have AJ's back without taking shots at him. He didn't do anything wrong at the SS. The florida video looked like AJ got different treatment than a normal parent/coach would. Similar to what Carver security did. That's bs whether you like him or hate him. I do understand not feeling sorry for him because he brought it upon himself.

Reading that other thread linked above, it appears the guy Anthony assaulted isn't an upstanding person either. Not exactly the type of guy that should be mentoring someone that's trying to stay out of trouble. The lack of guidance they've had is awful.

When he was recording the manager and security and asked why they were kicking him out, why didn’t they give the reason you just did?? Instead, they basically said because they could, was their private property, don’t need a reason.
Why should they answer and prolong the argument if they've made their decision? They were right. They can kick him out for any reason, they don't need to tell him.

Zach is an awesome guy. You can have AJ's back without taking shots at him. He didn't do anything wrong at the SS. The florida video looked like AJ got different treatment than a normal parent/coach would. Similar to what Carver security did. That's bs whether you like him or hate him. I do understand not feeling sorry for him because he brought it upon himself.

Reading that other thread linked above, it appears the guy Anthony assaulted isn't an upstanding person either. Not exactly the type of guy that should be mentoring someone that's trying to stay out of trouble. The lack of guidance they've had is awful.
I never said I don’t like Zach. I will be rooting for him to shock the wrestling community by being the NCAA champion this year. I just don’t follow the crowd on throwing the Ferrari boys under the bus based on rumors or minor stupid things done in the past . Zach exposed that AJ still has to get his emotions, temper in check, and he’s paying the price by not being on our team this year, which I believe was the plan before the SS. Anthony has been fine since he pleaded to the 2 misdemeanors from the summer of 2022. If this is true about him in Florida, he is obviously gone for good unless it turns out to be self defense. The crap about AJ going on the floor is a nothing burger that wouldn’t stop him from joining the team if that’s even a possibility. I wish we could see what TnT could do with these guys actually on the team. Flo had short outtake from upcoming documentary with Tom talking about what a long difficult process it was to get Desantos to control his antics and temper. They stayed on him every day and never gave up on him when many coaches would have shown him the door

I never said I don’t like Zach. I will be rooting for him to shock the wrestling community by being the NCAA champion this year. I just don’t follow the crowd on throwing the Ferrari boys under the bus based on rumors or minor stupid things done in the past . Zach exposed that AJ still has to get his emotions, temper in check, and he’s paying the price by not being on our team this year, which I believe was the plan before the SS. Anthony has been fine since he pleaded to the 2 misdemeanors from the summer of 2022. If this is true about him in Florida, he is obviously gone for good unless it turns out to be self defense. The crap about AJ going on the floor is a nothing burger that wouldn’t stop him from joining the team if that’s even a possibility. I wish we could see what TnT could do with these guys actually on the team. Flo had short outtake from upcoming documentary with Tom talking about what a long difficult process it was to get Desantos to control his antics and temper. They stayed on him every day and never gave up on him when many coaches would have shown him the door
Sexual assault, speeding the wrong way on a road and nearly causing a fatal accident, and hitting a referee followed by giving the finger to the parents' section of the school you want to wrestle for are just "stupid minor things"? Sheesh.

I agree with you on everything besides even hinting Zach did anything wrong. TnT are the only ones that had a chance at reigning AJ in similar to Austin IMO.

Reactions: Gobblin
When he was recording the manager and security and asked why they were kicking him out, why didn’t they give the reason you just did?? Instead, they basically said because they could, was their private property, don’t need a reason.

They are pretty much universally instructed not to engage in those conversations because it can only (1) serve to hinder/delay the task at hand, and (2) give the offending party leverage in any possible legal action down the road.

Then why wait until now to say it? Why wouldn't you have posted that on here prior to now?

I mean, man, this part of the topic went how many days with 5 pages of posts? You were there and never came on and said, "Hey, I was there guys. This is exactly what happened?"

Is this the same thing as your "Kueter is going to leave because of the Ferrari's" source? ;)

Just didn't need to say it. I just couldn't believe there was anyone obtuse enough to believe that people get randomly kicked out of high school sporting events - FOR NO REASON.

That's not their job. He'd already been told, and yeah. He was kicked out because he earned it.

I agree with you on everything besides even hinting Zach did anything wrong. TnT are the only ones that had a chance at reigning AJ in similar to Austin IMO.

That would require accepting responsibility in some or any manner. Which AJ and Anthony have NEVER DONE.

How many chances does AJ get to show that he's incapable of changing into what it takes to don a Hawkeye singlet? Doesn't mean he never will change, but it's fairly easy to see it's not happening within the timeframe he has to join the program.

Not sure if you have kids, but would you want your son hanging out with AJ?
How about your daughter?? (that one should be the easiest answer you've ever given....)

Just didn't need to say it. I just couldn't believe there was anyone obtuse enough to believe that people get randomly kicked out of high school sporting events - FOR NO REASON.
You didn’t think a simple, “ hey this is what happened, because I actually witnessed it.” was necessary in a post that generated 5 pages, before you responded to my post which simply was a response to AJ’s side of the story?

To be crystal clear, plenty of dicks are removed from places just for their reputations alone if given any little bit to do so. Even if AJ truly didn’t believe he wasn’t allowed on the floor, that was enough to remove him. So, I never once was “obtuse” enough to believe he was booted “for no reason”. I simply gave him the benefit of the doubt that it was nowhere near as nefarious as many wanted to make it seem.

You didn’t think a simple, “ hey this is what happened, because I actually witnessed it.” was necessary in a post that generated 5 pages, before you responded to my post which simply was a response to AJ’s side of the story?

To be crystal clear, plenty of dicks are removed from places just for their reputations alone if given any little bit to do so. Even if AJ truly didn’t believe he wasn’t allowed on the floor, that was enough to remove him. So, I never once was “obtuse” enough to believe he was booted “for no reason”. I simply gave him the benefit of the doubt that it was nowhere near as nefarious as many wanted to make it seem.
You don't have to keep doing this

Which thread is linked above? Thanks in advance.

ADS was willing to admit there were things he could work on to be a better person. Not sure you’ll ever get that from the Ferrari bois. It’s ALWAYS someone else’s fault.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT