ADVERTISEMENT

All be gone

Has he really shown he is a draft pick?
That’s a fair question. Even with as talented as he is, I could see NFL teams being hesitant to pull the trigger on using a draft pick for a player who has missed a majority of the past two football seasons due to injury.

Has he really shown he is a draft pick?
There is such a thing as data analysis where you can use existing numbers to project future probabilies. Let's see, Eric ALL with Iowa 21 receptions for 300 yards and a 14 ypercatch avg and that is 1/2 of a year and I dont think he caught a ball in the first game. His 2021 Mich season was very good on a team that ran the ball a lot and had very good receivers.

He would be projected to have 40+ catches for 550 yards with a full Iowa season.

And just thing of his stats if we had a really good OLIne and QB play for the year. Maybe 60 catches, 5 per game.

I would say he is pro material but depends on his recovery

SEASONTEAM
MICH
MICH
MICH
MICH
MICH
MICH
MICH
MICH
IOWA
IOWA

RECYDSAVGTDLNG

Yes he has. The only thing that keeps him from being drafted is injuries. Just my opinion.
Sure, BUT thats a big "only thing". Remember he's coming off a pretty bad back injury requiring surgery before he ever got to Iowa. And now the ACL. I get him wanting to move on, but IF he played another year at Iowa and had a great year, he could still be a first day guy. As it is I'd be surprised if he's not in round 4 or 5. (Well it worked out for Kittle). I'm sure the uncertainty around the offense, and whether Cade will actually make it through a season didn't help his decision.

He won't be ready to work out for teams, because of his injury, prior to the draft, will he? If not, it would seem very risky for teams to draft him.

Sure, BUT thats a big "only thing". Remember he's coming off a pretty bad back injury requiring surgery before he ever got to Iowa. And now the ACL. I get him wanting to move on, but IF he played another year at Iowa and had a great year, he could still be a first day guy. As it is I'd be surprised if he's not in round 4 or 5. (Well it worked out for Kittle). I'm sure the uncertainty around the offense, and whether Cade will actually make it through a season didn't help his decision.

It is a big thing. But I’m sure he didn’t make the decision without being consulted by those that would give him good information, namely this staff. All is an NFL TE and there is no doubt in my mind about that.

If All doesn’t care where he gets drafted and just that he gets drafted and/or gets a shot, then he is making a good decision. He might not be able to survive another injury and may not want to risk it another year in college.

Just in reading his announcement, I believe he is a kid that has fully thought his decision out and came to the conclusion that he needs to enter the draft.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT