ADVERTISEMENT

Five Guys prices out of control

It amazes me how the lowest paid people in my office have fast food for lunch multiple times a week, grab a coffee and sandwhich from Scooters everyday, and sometimes pickup those energy drinks that have those balls in it. I can't imagine what they spend on that crap on a weekly basis.

we get coupons all the time for subway and can get 3 foot long subs for 18$
That’s a pretty dang good deal .
But agreed fast food prices are out of control . Family of 5 to go to Culver’s is a 50$ normally. Joke.

The 6-6-6 deal.

From NYPOST:
Two grub-happy TikTokers shared a money-saving hack that showed burger fans how to beat inflation-era prices at fast food chain Five Guys — and their followers are cheering them on.

“Next time you’re at Five Guys, just order a double cheeseburger with all the toppings,”

Next, they explained how to turn that one double into two single cheeseburgers — starting by asking for an extra bun on the side.

Once you have everything, take one of the two patties, along with any other desired toppings or condiments — which are free, so load up — and transfer them over to the second bun, the pair advised.

I remember when a McGang Bang was $3.21.

Also remember when fast food places were trying to get to the lowest price for the most food? 5 for $5, 4 for $4, etc. Back when they stayed in their lane.
I remember when baseball cards were .50 a pack. When Upper Deck came out in 1989
their packs were over $1 it was like the world ended.

Pretty much all fast food is a rip off and shockingly pricey, especially when you buy for a family. But the ones that get me the most are the fast food sub shops like Jimmy John’s/Firehouse/Jersey Mike’s where a regular sized uncooked sandwich with a fountain drink and small bag of chips is 13-15 bucks. What are we doing here? Why are we (myself included as a Jersey Mikes fan) paying this much when we could just make a sandwich ourselves and eat out of big bag of chips while drinking a Coke Zero out of a can at the house/office for 25% of the cost. I think mainly we are just lazy and bored.

When I worked at McDonald’s in late 80’s during lent we sold fish sandwiches on Friday night for $0.50

Also recall $0.10 hamburgers couple times for a big promotion. People would order 50 at once. I recall people doing 8 hour shifts with their only task being placing one pickle on each bun. It was crazy.

When I worked at McDonald’s in late 80’s during lent we sold fish sandwiches on Friday night for $0.50

Also recall $0.10 hamburgers couple times for a big promotion. People would order 50 at once. I recall people doing 8 hour shifts with their only task being placing one pickle on each bun. It was crazy.
Remember the McDonalds commercials about a hamburger, fries, and a drink….. Handing the cashier a dollar and getting change back?

Reactions: Hendy hawk
You're paying for increased labor costs, difficult supply chains, and corporate greed. Besides, that shit still literally kill you. I eat fast food but limit it as much as possible. It's a convenience, not a routine. That being said, yes, they are screwing the consumer because they know they can. Your fat ass will pull through the drive through anytime soon. This is your future.

You're paying for increased labor costs, difficult supply chains, and corporate greed. Besides, that shit still literally kill you. I eat fast food but limit it as much as possible. It's a convenience, not a routine. That being said, yes, they are screwing the consumer because they know they can. Your fat ass will pull through the drive through anytime soon. This is your future.

austin-powers-mole.gif

Reactions: GOHOX69
Speaking of inflation, has anyone else noticed some restaurants have changed the card readers they bring to the table to only have 15/22/25 percent as tip options, and the custom tip? No 20 percent. I gave a rare 25 percent tip last night, the service was spectacular from the hostess, to the attendants to the waitress. CSB.

Five guys has always been priced stupidly.
People always chime in that they're better than InNOut but at twice the price and no drive thru.
I used to pick up a double-double, fries and a drink for less than $7. Think it's up to $11 now.

Sonic is another that is priced well beyond what they serve. We went once when they first opened here and never again.
Add Popeyes to the list. I love their chicken but refuse to pay the exorbitant prices they charge.

5 Guys was the first chain that I said "never again" to. Their burgers were just okay. Their fries were horrible. My girls just wanted hot dogs and they were disgusting. Just pepper and salt burned on it. I had to pay $45 for us.

• Wow
And what’s really insane is people use door dash and Uber eats for this shit.
Uber Eats and Door Dash might be part of the problem contributing to price increases. To offset the platform fees charged by these delivery services, many local restaurants do indeed add a 15-25% markup to the cost of menu items when they’re ordered through these platforms. This could also be why chains such as five guys are also raising their prices.

Never had their burger or their fries, but you guys got me curious. Too soggy?

One thing I do appreciate is some good fries with my food. That's why I love BWW. I don't know if it's because of the wings, but their fries are exactly how I like them.
Underrated fries are popeye’s.

Even 5 guys is subject to the results of bidenomics. Inflation is a real bitch under this administration.

Inflation would be under control a lot better if people were smarter.

So many people dine out constantly. Even if you know nothing about cooking you can make great food cheap via YouTube and recipes listed online.

Convenience regardless of the cost or personal harm to people’s finances is killing people’s future and they don’t even know it. That’s why I want to audit people’s lives when they bitch about needing help with their loans or the home they want costs too much.

Most people are pissing away thousands of dollars a year on things they consider “ no choice have to buy “ when it’s completely false. “I have to get to work so that leathered out 4x4 Truck is a must”.

I don't eat fast food very often, but I did today since I was rushing around and skipped dinner last night. Medium roast beef and small soda from Arby's was $10.29. Insane. I made dinner for the family (four people) one night last week for about the same price. Pasta with fresh mushrooms and sausage in a garlic and butter sauce. If people would rather feed their families with $30-$40 fast food meals instead of preparing something that can not only be better, but far less expensive, that is even more insane. Fast food joints are only charging that much because there is still demand for it.
I rarely eat fast food. GF is a psycho with couponing and meal prepping. Besides the money saved my favorite part about eating at home is getting my two sons to help with the dinner. Good memories

Reactions: jasonrann
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT