ADVERTISEMENT

Five Guys prices out of control

• Statistics vary, but between 55 percent to 63 percent of Americans are likely living paycheck to paycheck.
  • Three in four Americans who earn less than $50,000 are living paycheck to paycheck, compared to roughly two in three of those making $50,000 to $100,000.
This is the answer for the question “How is the economy doing?”. 65 percent of Americans have no money in the stock market and are being eaten alive by inflation.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
This is the answer for the question “How is the economy doing?”. 65 percent of Americans have no money in the stock market and are being eaten alive by inflation.
I want to know their car payment, house payment, streaming bill, and see their credit card.

People are idiots. It’s why I am a fan of forcing 20% down payment on vehicles and homes. Force people to save or live within their means.

And really no one to blame but themselves. Cut up the credit cards, get an e-bike instead of a second or third car, stop eating at restaurants unless it’s for a special occasion or a treat and invest the savings instead and they’d be fine.

And really no one to blame but themselves. Cut up the credit cards, get an e-bike instead of a second or third car, stop eating at restaurants unless it’s for a special occasion or a treat and invest the savings instead and they’d be fine.
You should take your own advice.

I agree but demanding responsibility from the electorate never works

I know what you mean; I have several clients who have franchises of large national/international chains. Back when we were just coming out of the covid shutdowns, I'd see a lot of comments about supporting the mom & pop places, not the big chain restaurants. I'd often point out that those local "chain" locations were franchisees who were owned by folks who live in our community & who are very generous in supporting local oranizations (little league, school programs, etc).
Thanks for the note. I donate a lot to the local schools and towns. Most do not realize who is a small business or not.

Inflation would be under control a lot better if people were smarter.

So many people dine out constantly. Even if you know nothing about cooking you can make great food cheap via YouTube and recipes listed online.

Convenience regardless of the cost or personal harm to people’s finances is killing people’s future and they don’t even know it. That’s why I want to audit people’s lives when they bitch about needing help with their loans or the home they want costs too much.

Most people are pissing away thousands of dollars a year on things they consider “ no choice have to buy “ when it’s completely false. “I have to get to work so that leathered out 4x4 Truck is a must”.
I'd love to see what their wasted money would do in a broad market index fund like VTI, or SPY/VOO or hell, even a Nasdaq based QQQ/VGT over the course of 5, 10, 25, 50 yrs.

Reactions: onlyTheObvious
65%??? So only 35% have an IRA/401/Teachers Pension Fund at their job?

We don’t need immigrants to fill the jobs. We have plenty of Americans so dumb with their finances they will have to work almost until their death.

I see the people over 70 working at Walmart and I think to myself “I hope they are working to stay busy and not because they need the money”.

Even 5 guys is subject to the results of bidenomics. Inflation is a real bitch under this administration.
You're confusing price gouging with inflation.

Price gouging contributes to inflation, not the other way around.

The Radical Right just thinks that's "capitalism".

We don’t need immigrants to fill the jobs. We have plenty of Americans so dumb with their finances they will have to work almost until their death.

I see the people over 70 working at Walmart and I think to myself “I hope they are working to stay busy and not because they need the money”.
I retired and was so excited not to have to set my alarm and get up to go to work. I was going to do a bunch of projects.
A year later I was so bored I took a part time job and worked for three years. I’ve re-retired and still miss the structure and the socialization aspect of working but now I’m involved in some civic and community activities that keep me about as busy as I want to be.
The job only gave me “fun money” and there were other people my age there who worked for the same reason.
I do see retirement age people working more these days. Home Depot and Marshall’s etc.

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
I stopped at Subway last weekend for the first time in years. If I have a hankering for a meatball sub Firehouse gets my money, but it was right in front of me, and figured what the hell.
Had to break a $20 bill, and all I ordered was the sandwich. Yikes.
I stopped by the local (public) golf course today and paid my 2024 GHIN (handicap service)…….I asked how much (and the guy answered me with a straight , “that’ll be $45, please…….Holy Shit! Im thinking that is a $10 bump from last season…..wow….
(but I just smiled and paid……nothing makes one sound “old” more than complaining about $$$)

You're confusing price gouging with inflation.

Price gouging contributes to inflation, not the other way around.

The Radical Right just thinks that's "capitalism".
Whatever you gotta tell yourself to skirt responsibility this time. It's someone else's fault every time with you people.

I still cannot understand why Five Guys won't just decide to hire all women; they can instantly drop their wage rates to 70% what those guys were getting paid... 👀

Whatever you gotta tell yourself to skirt responsibility this time. It's someone else's fault every time with you people.
Ever heard of Trump virus there, Rip Van Winkle?

You know...the real inflation cause.

Five Guys was overpriced 10 years ago. I remember going to In n Out in California and then Five Guys in Tampa a week or two later. Five Guys cost a lot more and it was nowhere near as good.

Five Guys was overpriced 10 years ago. I remember going to In n Out in California and then Five Guys in Tampa a week or two later. Five Guys cost a lot more and it was nowhere near as good.
I do give their French fries two thumbs up over InO

Speaking of BWW, we were in the mood for a burger and we going to hit Red Robin but it had closed. Right next door was a BWW. I wanted a damn burger, and they had something called (if I remember right) the All American Burger. That damn thing was so good you couldn't eat it standing up, your knees would buckle.

CSB
I love BWW. But if you want boneless wings ( i know they are not wings so save the spiel) Costco has a few different versions of breaded chicken breast nuggets that you can airfry and add the wing sauce at the end. Soooo good. CSB

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT