ADVERTISEMENT

All in The Family/Jeffersons Live

Woody Harrelson is playing Archie and Marisa Tomei is playing Edith. This makes me feel old.

Really it makes me feel horny.

51tPoP1xA3L.jpg

Really it makes me feel horny.

51tPoP1xA3L.jpg
I'm a huge fan of Marisa Tomei and she was hot as hell in The Wrestler.
giphy.gif

But Edith Bunker was arguably the least sexy character in television history and it kind of makes me feel old knowing the Marisa is old enough to play her and also concerned about what she's going to look and sound like. It's probably going to be similar to seeing Charlize Theron in Monster.

New HROT rule proposal - If the original thread is NOT on Page 1, Pepsi should not be declared UNLESS the original post is more than a day old.

If it falls off Page 1 in less than 24 hours, that means it had a crappy headline or crappy body copy. A second thread with a better/more engaging headline is actually an improvement and can lead to better discussion.

Can I get a second for this motion?

New HROT rule proposal - If the original thread is NOT on Page 1, Pepsi should not be declared UNLESS the original post is more than a day old.

If it falls off Page 1 in less than 24 hours, that means it had a crappy headline or crappy body copy. A second thread with a better/more engaging headline is actually an improvement and can lead to better discussion.

I did a word search and unfortunately have a life so I agree.

Too many political threads. All the actual "Off-Topic" threads get pushed to page 2.

I second your motion.

Wanda Sykes was the best by far. Her performance was completely natural...most everybody else overacted. Nice touch having Marla Gibbs as Florence.

B.S. beeping out the word n*gger. That goes against everything the original shows stood for.

Wanda Sykes was the best by far. Her performance was completely natural...most everybody else overacted. Nice touch having Marla Gibbs as Florence.

B.S. beeping out the word n*gger. That goes against everything the original shows stood for.
yes I was impressed with Wanda Sykes

Ok so I was beginning grade school at the height of the bunkers showing on tv. What I had forgotten was this: we grabbed a term from this show and used throughout grade school and it wasn't the N word. It was polack. Or pollock. We didn't say moron or rerod...we called somebody who was acting dumb, a polack

Last edited:
When Jaime Foxx was on felt a little like watching an old episode of In Living Color.

I enjoyed it, thought it was pretty good. The live audience performances just have a different feel to them that I enjoy. As far as the overacting, the original series most characters vastly overacted, it was kind of the style of the time I think.
overacting wasn't the problem more like under acting

It was better then I thought it would be. Marissa Tomei was great and I thought Jamie Foxx captured the character pretty well.

Reactions: Tom Paris
I didn't watch that so much was he a horrible actor on that as well?
No he was ok. Just felt more like he was doing a sketch than anything. The whole thing had a sketch feel. My only problem was Woody. He should have put on some more weight for the role.

No he was ok. Just felt more like he was doing a sketch than anything. The whole thing had a sketch feel. My only problem was Woody. He should have put on some more weight for the role.
yeah they almost acted like they didn't rehearse it emough. Like a bad Saturday night live sketch. Woody was totally not right for that but tomei did fairly good. They needed a bald older white guy who was rotund like a George costanza

yeah they almost acted like they didn't rehearse it emough. Like a bad Saturday night live sketch. Woody was totally not right for that but tomei did fairly good. They needed a bald older white guy who was rotund like a George costanza
Archie is the center of the show. Maybe they should have gotten Christian Bale. I think rehearsing wasn't the issue the original cast could grow into the roles. You're asking a lot of an actor/actress to drop in an iconic role. Without doing it live several times in front of an audience. Plays always have previews nobody does cold open.

Reactions: torbee
Archie is the center of the show. Maybe they should have gotten Christian Bale. I think rehearsing wasn't the issue the original cast could grow into the roles. You're asking a lot of an actor/actress to drop in an iconic role. Without doing it live several times in front of an audience. Plays always have previews nobody does cold open.
why didn't they do that?

I thought both were pretty good. Foxx ad libbed quite well when he suddenly forgot his lines. Seeing everyone crack up made me remember why I love the theater so much.

As already pointed out, bleeping words that are not curse words went against the shows’ premises.

Reactions: Tom Paris
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT