ADVERTISEMENT

All of the problems in today world can be traced back to one person

56b255f26e97c662008b495f

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
Otto von Bismarck
I think an argument could be made that Kaiser Wilhelm II shit canning Bismarck was a bigger problem.

Utterly convinced of his right to rule, Wilhelm always overestimated his capacity for wise political judgment. His dismissal of Chancellor Bismarck in 1890 and ambitious aim to make Germany a world power served to disrupt the established balance of the European order.

Reactions: ConvenientParking
I think an argument could be made that Kaiser Wilhelm II shit canning Bismarck was a bigger problem.

Utterly convinced of his right to rule, Wilhelm always overestimated his capacity for wise political judgment. His dismissal of Chancellor Bismarck in 1890 and ambitious aim to make Germany a world power served to disrupt the established balance of the European order.

I am positive you're probably correct and know a lot more about Deutsch history than me, I just went with the guy credited for creating the German empire.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
I am positive you're probably correct and know a lot more about Deutsch history than me, I just went with the guy credited for creating the German empire.
It's some interesting reading. If you're interested in this type stuff I'd highly recommend Fall of Eagles....

Great read...covers the Russian/German/ Austro-Hungary empires from around 1866-1918.

There's a BBC miniseries available on you tube....13 parts if you don't want to read it.

In a nutshell...as far as Bismarck goes. His main objective in terms of foreign policy was 1. Stay friendly with Russia. 2. Keep GB neutral on the continent 3. Keep France isolated.

That all went out the window with Kaiser Wilhelm II

Bismarck saw Germany as a continental power which is why he was was never really interested in establishing colonies and didn't want Germany to become a naval power. Kaiser II saw Germany as a world power, wanted colonies and a large Navy. Set the table for WW1.

Side note: Bismarck established universal health care in Germany. One of the first countries to do so...

Reactions: ConvenientParking
You misspelled Ronald Reagan

You're not even trying to be a good troll any more. This is just lazy. I'm embarrassed for you.
It’s his 2nd attempt to move the needle with Bernie today. 1st one not gaining much traction. Doubt he’ll give up though. He’s a persistent little cuss.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT