ADVERTISEMENT

Liberals in la-la land: High wages, 32-hour workweeks sound great, but there's a steep price

Yes. More than 240,000 workers in the US make the federal minimum wage.

That is a very tiny percent of the workforce (.15%), However 52 million workers making less than $15/hr is shocking. That is 1/3 of the workforce!

Why is it that 1/3 of our workforce is so unskilled? How does this country, the Land of Opportunity, produce so many unskilled workers??

I generally regard myself as a left-leaning moderate. But government is not supposed to have to prop-up a third of the workers in this country.

Reactions: KFsdisciple
We can disagree. Some people have limited intellectual and interpersonal skills through no fault of their own.

They shouldn’t be subject to a lifetime below the poverty line even though they work full time.
Yes they should. Plus the US Poverty Line higher than about 50% of the world's population. American's are so spoiled and delusional.

Reactions: KFsdisciple
Yes they should.

There you have it folks: this guy and of course KF think Americans with limited intellectual and interpersonal skills through no fault of their own deserve a lifetime of poverty even though they work full time.

Your parents really failed you somewhere along the way.

There you have it folks: this guy and of course KF think Americans with limited intellectual and interpersonal skills through no fault of their own deserve a lifetime of poverty even though they work full time.

Your parents really failed you somewhere along the way.
I absolutely didn't say that, but I see your public school reading level may not be up to the 6th grade level others said.

Does that mean I'm required to agree with every word whole cloth?

Let’s make easy and stop dancing around it. Do you agree with this sentence:

Americans with limited intellectual and interpersonal skills through no fault of their own deserve a lifetime of poverty even though they work full time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT