ADVERTISEMENT

Alternate Unis for Minnesota Game??

Fran-Con-2

HR All-State
Nov 17, 2019

Lots of speculation on the internet that the yellow facemask in this promo is teasing yellow alternates this weekend - especially given how Iowa teased their all black uniforms in a similar promo against MSU.

Myself, a skeptic, just chalked the yellow facemask up to the the designer trying to mimic the point of view of a Minnesota player with their yellow facemasks. But that would be a bit of an odd design choice.

Anyone have any info?

Minny is moroon and gold. Uni's need to be black. I'm in a damn gold sectuon, which I dislike. May start yellow and put on black.

Reactions: Hawksbyamillion
That’s yellow? I might be going color blind but I don’t see the yellow. Always love a good alt uni tho! But I sure prefer the all-black look if we do.

Edit: but those yellow jerseys in squeeze’s post above are sweet!!
The facemask you are looking through is yellow (or gold) in picture. Not the one on the player you are looking at. Quite subtle.

Reactions: ShonnDeereGreene
Most of our alt uniforms are complete whiffs. The black/greys from tOSU at Kinnick the woodshed year and the all blacks vs. Minney in the night game are the only ones I can remember that are badass. The rest pretty much suck, especially the black pants with gold stripe, it just looks dumb when paired with our regular jerseys and helmets.

Reactions: thewop

Lots of speculation on the internet that the yellow facemask in this promo is teasing yellow alternates this weekend - especially given how Iowa teased their all black uniforms in a similar promo against MSU.

Myself, a skeptic, just chalked the yellow facemask up to the the designer trying to mimic the point of view of a Minnesota player with their yellow facemasks. But that would be a bit of an odd design choice.

Anyone have any info?
Worked so well for the PSU game, so why the hell not?!

I thought that I read a few years ago that they could not change helmets. They were one of only two schools in the nation to have specially fit/designed helmets.

The jerseys are whatever color you want them to be when you're colorblind. You fools and your assigned colors.

A Gold version of the gold basketball uniforms could be interesting. Have Iowa written in script font.

Or it could look really stupid. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

gold jerseys, black pants. I knew this a few weeks ago.

giphy.gif

Many decades ago, Iowa and Purdue got together to discuss how to differentiate between their colors since they both had black and old gold. Iowa agreed to lighten their shade of gold which is actually a shade of yellow. It is now the same shade as Michigan's, but they call their shade maize. Iowa still calls their shade gold because of all the discussion above. To me; big effing deal!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT