ADVERTISEMENT

Alternate Unis for Minnesota Game??

The just posted them on instagram
I love that there is no white in the jersey. Just black and gold. Very cool.

I assume these will be same black pants as before. I like the look a lot — just wish the gold stripe wasn’t as wide. (Or perhaps removed altogether, and replaced with a gold Tiger Hawk on the hip.)

I’ve said before that we should have gold pants, black pants, and white pants, along with a black jersey, a white jersey, and a gold jersey, that all keep the same general “look.” Then, pretty much any jersey could be worn with any set of pants, and we would still be on-brand, and still look like “Iowa.” It seems like that’s the direction we’ve headed.

I love that there is no white in the jersey. Just black and gold. Very cool.

I assume these will be same black pants as before. I like the look a lot — just wish the gold stripe wasn’t as wide. (Or perhaps removed altogether, and replaced with a gold Tiger Hawk on the hip.)

I’ve said before that we should have gold pants, black pants, and white pants, along with a black jersey, a white jersey, and a gold jersey, that all keep the same general “look.” Then, pretty much any jersey could be worn with any set of pants, and we would still be on-brand, and still look like “Iowa.” It seems like that’s the direction we’ve headed.
The gold stripe on the black pants was the same width as the black stripe on the gold pants.

Reactions: Max_Rebo
Many decades ago, Iowa and Purdue got together to discuss how to differentiate between their colors since they both had black and old gold. Iowa agreed to lighten their shade of gold which is actually a shade of yellow. It is now the same shade as Michigan's, but they call their shade maize. Iowa still calls their shade gold because of all the discussion above. To me; big effing deal!
Michigans yellow or “Maize” is lighter than Iowas Gold

Reactions: Row55
th

Now these helmets would absolutely look awesome in the yellow … perfect amount of black too … looks just awesome IMHO

I think it's cool mainly because the kids we are trying to recruit and the current kids on the roster think it is. Its 'what the kids want' That is what matters. Not what a few old as f*** fans think.

I wish we’d consider a couple new looks on offense like we’ve considered a new look uni. Otherwise it kind of feels like a false front, but at least many will get 30 seconds of excitement just seeing the new unis come out of the tunnel.

Or the cost was insane
The cost quoted was $10k per helmet, or about $850k for a team set. Who knows what the current rate is, but we have the money for it. (And to bring back the gymnastics team, etc., but that doesn't make it likely to happen)

The Tigerhawk on the front of the helmet is also scribbled out. Likely avoiding any trademark issues.
The Tiger Hawk logo is partly covered by one of the "flaps" of the tinted eye/face shield. See the other 2 larger flaps on either side of the smaller one on the logo.

I love the script Iowa. Throw the flying hawkeye logo in and I'll pay whatever amount for one. Take my money
I'd actually dig a throw back uni with the plain back jersey with gold numbers, gold pants with a black stripe, and a gold helmet with the black script Iowa on it.

In fact, the helmet would probably look even better as an away alt.

Reactions: 83Hawk
Most of our alt uniforms are complete whiffs. The black/greys from tOSU at Kinnick the woodshed year and the all blacks vs. Minney in the night game are the only ones I can remember that are badass. The rest pretty much suck, especially the black pants with gold stripe, it just looks dumb when paired with our regular jerseys and helmets.
I have been underwhelmed, always very safe, minor tweaks. KF probably giving directions: "Come up with something cool and innovative, but not sexy or flashy. Oh, and dont change much. Also, can you run it by Brian as well?"

Reactions: HFan1981
The cost quoted was $10k per helmet, or about $850k for a team set. Who knows what the current rate is, but we have the money for it. (And to bring back the gymnastics team, etc., but that doesn't make it likely to happen)
It's not our money of course. But spending $850,000 on specialty helmets would be incredibly wasteful.

My favorite Alts are the Woodshed game Alts.
I don’t understand all the love for those alts, except for the fact that the team had one of their best games while wearing them.

Gray belongs nowhere on an Iowa uniform. There were Northwestern-like polo stripes on the sleeves. Black and gray helmets? No gold tiger hawk anywhere? Big blocky gray numbers? No thanks.

Reactions: kkhawk
I don’t understand all the love for those alts, except for the fact that the team had one of their best games while wearing them.

Gray belongs nowhere on an Iowa uniform. There were Northwestern-like polo stripes on the sleeves. Black and gray helmets? No gold tiger hawk anywhere? Big blocky gray numbers? No thanks.
Looked sharp, clean and modern to me. I could have been enticed by slightly more yellow on the helmet but not much. I liked the grey addition as an alternate look but wouldn’t want it be a regular addition to the color scheme.

Not sure about that wide stripe on the pants. Will have to see today.

Seems people are spilt on the yellow uniforms from a few years ago with the throwback banana peel shoulders... I thought they were sweet

Reactions: BurgHawk87
I’m gonna have to go with the ‘or not’ here.

11/2/13 - Wisconsin 28 - Iowa 9

It was a bad day all around and the red pom poms were the insult to injury on this one.
Wasn't that a black out game so the blue poms disappeared leaving only red and white?

Anyway, a poorly thought out promo, only one upped by the basket ball white out vs michigan St.

The banana peel uniforms are synonymous with some woodshed beatings. The uniforms need to be burned.

Loss to Penn State 61-21.

Down 56-0 in the first half alone to Ohio State.

It conjures up a quote from Shawshank Redemption. Slightly modified for this discussion.

"We’ll have us a little UNIFORM barbecue in the yard. They’ll see the flames for miles. We’ll dance around it like wild Injuns!"

Most of our alt uniforms are complete whiffs. The black/greys from tOSU at Kinnick the woodshed year and the all blacks vs. Minney in the night game are the only ones I can remember that are badass. The rest pretty much suck, especially the black pants with gold stripe, it just looks dumb when paired with our regular jerseys and helmets.
Yes ...these unis are soft woke sissy crap. Deserve to lose to a crappy team like Minny wearing this weak garbage.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT