ADVERTISEMENT

Always the bridesmaid!

Most of you need to quit listening to local media as it gives you a false sense of reality. Iowa, as the program stands, were never realistically in this. To think otherwise, is fantasy

The Hawks - players and coaches - know what needs to be done this year to get back in the upper tier of the Big 10. We’ll see what they’re made of.

The one good thing about this is Fran knows where he stands with this recruit in early July and can 100% move on from him to other recruits.

Reactions: D-Ram
Dang, oh well if it’s one thing we are used to it’s the sting of losing the best b ball players in the state to other schools... Oh Lute & George when will it stop? Harrison, Marcus & now DJ... I’ll be hoping Iowa lands Xavier...

Last edited:
Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
Most of you need to quit listening to local media as it gives you a false sense of reality. Iowa, as the program stands, were never realistically in this. To think otherwise, is fantasy

At some point it would be great if you could divulge all of your sources for both basketball and football. You are so incredibly knowledgeable of the goings-on in each sport that I I must know who's in your circle of trust!

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Most of us expected this and railed at Fran's lack of a plan B. Maybe we can steal a quick point guard from some juco. Another year of getting abused on the defensive end by quicker players could be in the crystal ball.

There's been stories on Hawk Central that Iowa has been working on Plan B for some time. The problem always has been that in order to get Carton Iowa had to go all-out on him and couldn't be putting out a bunch of offers to other PG's in the class. Now they can. There was a story on Hawk Central a few weeks back about a 3-star PG from Buffalo, NY that Iowa had been following. I would imagine they will move quickly on him or some others they've been monitoring and now can move forward with offers.

Terrible, awful timing to have a 4-14 stinker of a year leading into the off-season when Carton was making a decision. There are consequences from having an awful year. This is one of them.

There's been stories on Hawk Central that Iowa has been working on Plan B for some time. The problem always has been that in order to get Carton Iowa had to go all-out on him and couldn't be putting out a bunch of offers to other PG's in the class. Now they can. There was a story on Hawk Central a few weeks back about a 3-star PG from Buffalo, NY that Iowa had been following. I would imagine they will move quickly on him or some others they've been monitoring and now can move forward with offers.

Terrible, awful timing to have a 4-14 stinker of a year leading into the off-season when Carton was making a decision. There are consequences from having an awful year. This is one of them.

I should add I'm not saying it's a good thing Carton isn't coming to Iowa. It's semi-devastating from a program standpoint. But if he's not coming, better to know now when Iowa can reasonably move on other options.

Reactions: And1Hawk
This will hopefully open the door for the next great Iowa PG to come in! Let’s Go Fran & Co. get on it & find him, he’s out there! (I said that with a little pain in my heart)

Reactions: Hawk_4shur

Yup, no one knows for sure, but an NCAA tournament appearance last year probably would have gone a long way in recruiting this kid.

Thing is, is I don't really feel bad for the Iowa coaches and players... play better and good things will happen.
I do however feel horrible for all the Hawkeye fans out there that have been waiting for Iowa basketball to be relevant again. Big reality check.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK

This is not a one year thing. Fran has done nothing at Iowa for 8 years. One NCAA bid?
And one play in game loss. Iowa is a 3rd tier program...kids want to win. Fran needs to go.

I don’t get too caught up in recruiting or what transpires in the mind of a 17/18 year-old kid... BUT I will say I am VERY surprised Iowa is not in his final 3.
I managed to find a list of offers for Carton and was surprised that the offers he received were not from the usual suspects ie: Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, etc. I'm disappointed that he didn't stay in Iowa but I could actually see him shine at a school like Gonzaga.

Reactions: Rustys Dad
When was our last top 25 recruit?
1955 i have always thought he would go to michigan or ohio state. I dont see him going to indiana. Pretty sad when he is like 50 miles away and we cant make the final three. Imho

Last edited:
Dang, oh well if it’s one thing we are used to it’s the sting of loosing the best b ball players in the state to other schools... Oh Lute & George when will it stop? Harrison, Marcus & now DJ... I’ll be hoping Iowa lands Xavier...

Foster will eliminate Iowa faster than Carton did-bank on it.

Reactions: And1Hawk
1955 i have always thought he would go to michigan or ohio state. I dont see him going to indiana. Pretty sad when he is like 50 miles away and we cant make the final three. Imho

People need to get over it. It stings, but it is what it is. Oh, and Carton can suck it. That is the one and only time I will say that.

LOL - clone fan.
Such a tired and lame response. I don’t blindly root for the coach if I don’t buy what they are selling. A change needs made as this guy can’t recruit at the level needed to compete at where i feel we should

When he was a 3 star he loved the Iowa offer and talked about the great relationship he had with Fran and the coaches; then the 4 star came and with that considerably more offers and all of a sudden we aren't looking as attractive. Coach B of Michigan is a class guy and you can't argue with his recent success. We will survive; we always do. Move on and go Hawks!

At some point it would be great if you could divulge all of your sources for both basketball and football. You are so incredibly knowledgeable of the goings-on in each sport that I I must know who's in your circle of trust!
Believing what your own eyes tell you and shutting off the local media fans is a great start to seeing clearly

The 4-14 season didn't help, but what really hurt Iowa was that Connor got injured and took a redshirt last year.

It was one thing to sell Carton on "Coach's kid will be a junior your freshman year" - much harder to sell ANY kid let alone a 5-star on sharing the backcourt for 3 years with the Coach's son.

Reactions: Raptorpeeps
Jerry is absolutely correct! We also will not get a pg in the 2019 because Connor will only be RS frosh. We have our pg's for the next two seasons on the roster right now.

When he was a 3 star he loved the Iowa offer and talked about the great relationship he had with Fran and the coaches; then the 4 star came and with that considerably more offers and all of a sudden we aren't looking as attractive. Coach B of Michigan is a class guy and you can't argue with his recent success. We will survive; we always do. Move on and go Hawks!

Iowa also pooped the bed this past year.

I can totally understand why kids who want to win don't have faith in Fran.

Hes consistently had chances and blown it every time.

Sorry...2 bids and a play in loss
64 teams make the Tourney...Fran is a superstar.
I stand by my point...3rd tier.

Fran has never made it to the sweet 16 any where he has been.[ nit does not count]. Why would any recruit ever believe he will?

Sorry...2 bids and a play in loss
64 teams make the Tourney...Fran is a superstar.
I stand by my point...3rd tier.

If at first you don’t succeed, fail again. Good job, buddy.

You can post what ever your opinion is and call it a point. It doesn’t make it anymore correct. Glad to see you doubled down on your stupidity.

I hope you understand that it’s hard to take people like you seriously when they don’t even know basic, material facts.

Hahaha

Yeah ...he missed a bid and all those “upper division finishes” since Fran’s second season, right?

Spoke8, in order to be credible, you have to understand material facts like finishing 7th in a 12 team league is an “upper division” finish. Otherwise, Childress just can’t take you seriously.

Work on that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT