ADVERTISEMENT

Am I the only one pumped about Iowa State being

THis is nothing but gibberish. A super conference team (Iowa) playing a B league team (ISU) doesnt move the neeedle on the national stage. After about 3 or 4 recruiting cycles Iowa will be scoring 70 points on a far inferior foe. Again your post is gibberish because nobody wants to watch a 70 point blowout.
I can't see calling ISU a B-league team. I expect it will come down to 4 super college football conferences. The SEC, Big 10, Big 12, and the ACC. I believe the Big 12 will pick up some Pac 12 teams and the ACC must add ND. The PAC 12 maybe in trouble with only option would draw from the Mountain West Conference or combine some teams with the Big 12. Whatever the outcome I think ISU can still play in a good football conference and still be creditable football team. Iowa needs to get rid of playing the South Dakota States, Northern Iowas and teams like that.

I think the bloom is already off the Campbell rose.
Funny how isu always ends up reverting back to their norm. It happened with Mac, Chizzy, Rhoads and now Matty boy. They have the supposedly “break out” season only to fall back to reality and be mediocre to bad once again and the searching for the next savior to come along. The dopes from lames truly believe their “greatness” is always just around the corner.

I can't see calling ISU a B-league team. I expect it will come down to 4 super college football conferences. The SEC, Big 10, Big 12, and the ACC. I believe the Big 12 will pick up some Pac 12 teams and the ACC must add ND. The PAC 12 maybe in trouble with only option would draw from the Mountain West Conference or combine some teams with the Big 12. Whatever the outcome I think ISU can still play in a good football conference and still be creditable football team. Iowa needs to get rid of playing the South Dakota States, Northern Iowas and teams like that.
Doesn't look that way. How do you see both the Big 12 and ACC surviving at the same level as the B1G and SEC?

The only scenario I see anything other than an outright P2 (B1G and SEC) is if ND decides to go all-in with the ACC, then they're able to hold onto Clemson, UNC, Miami, FSU, etc., and possibly lure in some of the Pac 12 schools that don't get picked off by the B1G like Stanford, Cal, and switch from 'Atlantic Coast Conference' to 'American Coastal Conference' or something.

Last edited:
If the Big XII adds some PAC teams, they are indeed a B-league team. You would have to go through about 7-8 B1G teams before getting to Big XII team with similar clout.

Every Clone fan on Earth said the 2021 team was one of the best of all time.

And then they actually played the games.

The Covid season and a bowl game win over a bad Oregon team inflated expectations.
Non ISU fans knew Purdy/Matty would screw things up.

And that's exactly what occurred.
I’m looking forward to isu becoming irrelevant.

The dopes from lames truly believe their “greatness” is always just around the corner.
What about our "greatness"? Are we the Ohio State or Michigan of Iowa? We haven't won a conference title in almost 20 years. Haven't sniffed a CFP or NC. We usually lose 3 out of 4 to Northwestern or Purdue, or lose 4 of out of 5 to Wisconsin. I don't get it. This constant chest pounding that we are so superior to Iowa State. I chalk a lot of it up to insecurity of Hawk fans. We have to have someone to look down on, to feel superior to. But for all that superiority we have, I never see Hawk fans so stressed as when it's time to play the Cyclones. We usually breathe a big sigh of relief if we won the game. We usually don't get that stressed when we play a Big ten team. Yes, Iowa has been more successful than Iowa State. Well, hell, we have won 2 West Division Championships. Every three or four years, we punch above our weight and we might knock off a Penn State or Michigan.

What about our "greatness"? Are we the Ohio State or Michigan of Iowa? We haven't won a conference title in almost 20 years. Haven't sniffed a CFP or NC. We usually lose 3 out of 4 to Northwestern or Purdue, or lose 4 of out of 5 to Wisconsin. I don't get it. This constant chest pounding that we are so superior to Iowa State. I chalk a lot of it up to insecurity of Hawk fans. We have to have someone to look down on, to feel superior to. But for all that superiority we have, I never see Hawk fans so stressed as when it's time to play the Cyclones. We usually breathe a big sigh of relief if we won the game. We usually don't get that stressed when we play a Big ten team. Yes, Iowa has been more successful than Iowa State. Well, hell, we have won 2 West Division Championships. Every three or four years, we punch above our weight and we might knock off a Penn State or Michigan.
I’m sorry but this is a very dumb post.

I stopped reading after you said we haven’t sniffed the CFP. Lol

I assume the rest of the post was just as dumb.

So 2015 we didn’t sniff the CFP? KF has won 2 Conference titles, played for 2 more Conference titles, 3 if you count the Iowa Ohio State game determine the conference champion in 2009. Iowa has numerous National Player of the year Award winners. Iowa has numerous First Team AA and First Round Draft picks.

The best the clowns have to show is a conference title game in a year of a pandemic. Doesn’t even slow down their douchebag AD or fan base though does it. So when the crap they sling comes back at them they have it coming.

If Iowa and or it’s fan base ran their mouths to say Ohio State, Penn. State or Michigan it would be just as laughable. Now, if you can provide evidence of Hawk fans doing this on the scale clown fans do towards Iowa I will concede this argument and tip my cap to you.

Good luck and Happy Hunting.

Let me start by saying, I am a big fan of the gays, and this might be an offensive analogy, but it’s true.

ISU fans in Des Moines are like the gays. There are just as many now as there was before, but now their proud of it and it seems like they’re everywhere.

Again, sorry LGBTQ community.🏳️‍🌈
Comparing gay people to ISU fans is about the most offensive thing you could do to them. ;)

If the Big12 absorbs the remainder of the Pac12, I see another conference with considerable political clout but no clear top team with prestige. The clubs at the top of that league will put teams in whatever the championship playoff looks like. ISU would have a much simpler path to the playoff than Iowa will.

Iowa can sell the prestige conference opponent angle to in-state recruits, but at the end of the day the team that wins the most will draw the support.

I wouldn’t trade Iowa’s situation for anything, but IMO, if the B12 survives, it puts ISU in an enviable position.

If the Big12 absorbs the remainder of the Pac12, I see another conference with considerable political clout but no clear top team with prestige. The clubs at the top of that league will put teams in whatever the championship playoff looks like. ISU would have a much simpler path to the playoff than Iowa will.

Iowa can sell the prestige conference opponent angle to in-state recruits, but at the end of the day the team that wins the most will draw the support.

I wouldn’t trade Iowa’s situation for anything, but IMO, if the B12 survives, it puts ISU in an enviable position.
Lmfao!!!

What a weird take...top level recruits don’t want to play in a 3rd, or 4th, tier conference.

What a weird take...top level recruits don’t want to play in a 3rd, or 4th, tier conference.
The top recruit last year went to a FCS school. Besides, in my scenario the B12 is no different than the B12, ACC, or PAC12 is currently. Perennial winners from those conferences don’t struggle to recruit.

The new B12 might not get as many teams in the playoffs as the other two conferences but if you put a team like Iowa or Nebraska in the Big10 or the Big12, the road to the playoffs is gonna be much easier in the B12.

Lol. You're insane.

The top recruit last year went to a FCS school. Besides, in my scenario the B12 is no different than the B12, ACC, or PAC12 is currently. Perennial winners from those conferences don’t struggle to recruit.

The new B12 might not get as many teams in the playoffs as the other two conferences but if you put a team like Iowa or Nebraska in the Big10 or the Big12, the road to the playoffs is gonna be much easier in the B12.
The B1G and SEC are going to decide what the playoffs look like. If the 20-team superconference thing happens, the B1G and SEC and Fox and ESPN are calling the shots. The NCAA and CFP will be neutered, done.

The B1G and SEC are going to decide what the playoffs look like. If the 20-team superconference thing happens, the B1G and SEC and Fox and ESPN are calling the shots. The NCAA and CFP will be neutered, done.
Just like they do now? I added the notion that a B12 with added P12 and ACC leftovers will have significant political clout for a reason. You’re insane if you don’t think they won’t have teams playing for the championship.

I don’t expect my outlook to be popular here. I’m a pretty neutral fan of most Midwest teams. If I’m an ISU or Iowa fan I want to be in the stable conference with more money, hands down. But looking at it from my perspective - the growth of the B10 (adding traditional powers) is not favorable to teams like Iowa, Nebraska, Wisconsin and Minnesota.

I think ISU has a shot to improve their national relevance. It never really hurt Oklahoma playing in the B12 - but I think playing in the SEC is gonna hurt them immensely. Look what is already happening to their recruiting…

Do you honestly think Iowa will win more games when USC, UCLA, Notre Dame, Oregon, etc are added to the conference?

Just like they do now? I added the notion that a B12 with added P12 and ACC leftovers will have significant political clout for a reason. You’re insane if you don’t think they won’t have teams playing for the championship.

I don’t expect my outlook to be popular here. I’m a pretty neutral fan of most Midwest teams. If I’m an ISU or Iowa fan I want to be in the stable conference with more money, hands down. But looking at it from my perspective - the growth of the B10 (adding traditional powers) is not favorable to teams like Iowa, Nebraska, Wisconsin and Minnesota.

I think ISU has a shot to improve their national relevance. It never really hurt Oklahoma playing in the B12 - but I think playing in the SEC is gonna hurt them immensely. Look what is already happening to their recruiting…

Do you honestly think Iowa will win more games when USC, UCLA, Notre Dame, Oregon, etc are added to the conference?
Going from $54 million per year in annual revenue to $90 million per year and possibly more is not favorable to Iowa?

Yeah, explain that to me.

Sorry, but if this continues in the direction it's headed, if you're not in the B1G or SEC, you're screwed. Just the truth.

Going from $54 million per year in annual revenue to $90 million per year and possibly more is not favorable to Iowa?

Yeah, explain that to me.

Sorry, but if this continues in the direction it's headed, if you're not in the B1G or SEC, you're screwed. Just the truth

I don’t think anyone would argue the additions are great for the B10 conference. The question for you, as a fan of the Hawkeyes, are these additions going to give Iowa more wins? More chances at championships? Why didn’t you answer those questions?

The end goal of the athletic department is to make more money. As a fan is that your goal for Iowa or would you prefer to see them win more games.

Realistically the answer to the above question is no. If you asked those same questions for ISU in the B12 it might have a different answer. I would be extremely surprised with a 20 team B12 being left out of whatever passes for the playoffs.

ISU would have to win their conference for the first time in about 400 years to get in…if they’re conference even in consideration.

Iowa could get fifth and make it in.

Many of the ISU fans are convenience fans. Getting tickets to IOWA football was tough and some people don't wanna make the drive.

ISU football was a backup, as much for the tailgating get together as the football. ISU also marketed the hell out of the DM area because they knew it was their best shot with the close proximity.
Yes, ISU marketed the heck out of DM with cheap A$$ season tickets and still do for less than a couple hundred bucks a season. I remember “hillside” going for less than $100 per season. Easy to sell season tickets when basically giving them away to try and get fans there. Sure would like to compare ticket revenues for both Iowa and ISU. Iowa would kill ISU as a whole and on a per seat average.

Reactions: Ree4 and IAGuy
CFB has been moving to a power 2 for years. This development is nothing but good for ISU. If the Big 12 can get the AZ schools, Utah, and Colorado in the next week or so and the Big 10 stands pat, they could get Washington and Oregon as well and ISU is in a much better position than they were before this.

ISU is never going to compete with Iowa financially. Honestly that's not the goal though and shouldn't be.

CFB has been moving to a power 2 for years. This development is nothing but good for ISU. If the Big 12 can get the AZ schools, Utah, and Colorado in the next week or so and the Big 10 stands pat, they could get Washington and Oregon as well and ISU is in a much better position than they were before this.

ISU is never going to compete with Iowa financially. Honestly that's not the goal though and shouldn't be.
So you believe isu not being at the top level of college football is a good thing for isu?

Will four and high 3 star recruits turn down everything that comes with being in the top level of college football to go to isu?

I don’t see it but then again isu fans have had a highly adversarial relationship with reality for a long long time now.

So you believe isu not being at the top level of college football is a good thing for isu?

Will four and high 3 star recruits turn down everything that comes with being in the top level of college football to go to isu?

I don’t see it but then again isu fans have had a highly adversarial relationship with reality for a long long time now.

IMO once OU and UT left the Big 12, ISU wasn't at the top level of CFB. They currently probably have one of the best recruiting classes they've probably ever put together. I don't know.

One where the playoffs are filled by only the Big Ten and SEC. How does isu recruit against the Big Ten and SEC schools when they are the top level of college football and isu in a left-over league.

I think the playoff will be mostly the Big 10 and SEC. I don't think the other leagues will be locked out of it in the near term.

Reactions: mrcyfan
IMO once OU and UT left the Big 12, ISU wasn't at the top level of CFB. They currently probably have one of the best recruiting classes they've probably ever put together. I don't know.

I think the playoff will be mostly the Big 10 and SEC. I don't think the other leagues will be locked out of it in the near term.
Again you really think isu’s current recruiting class stays in tact when the Big Ten and SEC separate from the left-over leagues?

Sorry simple logic says great players want to play at the highest level. Will a kid here and there choose differently sure but truly believing isu’s recruiting will go un-affected is delusional.

Again you really think isu’s current recruiting class stays in tact when the Big Ten and SEC separate from the left-over leagues?

Sorry simple logic says great players want to play at the highest level. Will a kid here and there choose differently sure but truly believing isu’s recruiting will go un-affected is delusional.
Maybe if they know they can portal out easily and quickly.

It is safe to say the annual game will be done when this contract is up.

It ain’t gonna be the super 4. It is super 2. Period.

The effects of a watered down Big12 are already having negative recruiting results for ISU.

They'll easily be outside the top 30 when all is said and done.

Anyone that wants to bookmark my prediction is welcome to do it.
They will get their 3 star guys and some 2s. JJ signed there because of the family history. If there wasn’t a transfer portal things would be way worse for these schools if kids knew they didn’t have a way out. But they do.

Reactions: MitchLL
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT