ADVERTISEMENT

Am I the only one that sees similarities between C.J. and Brad Banks?

InsHAWK

HB MVP
Mar 3, 2008
Outstanding on the roll out, can beat you with his feet, had to wait for his turn, live arm (better deep ball than B.B.)

CJ is a difference maker. He could carry this team to a great season. I know it takes the whole team, but I think this guy has something special. He's a winner. Go ahead and hammer me...

Reactions: Mohawkeye
Also appears to be well liked by his teammates.

+1. Can't overstate that enough. He's one of them. I think it was Hlas in the Gazette that said CJ is a football player that happens to play QB. He has the respect of his teammates obviously.

Not sure I see many similarities with Stanzi, at least as far as physical tools/playing style.

Stanzi lofted the ball more, cj puts way more zip on it in my opinion. I don't think we have even come close to seeing what all cj can bring. If the receivers could get a little more separation cj is really gonna shine.

By the time CJ leaves Iowa he could be the best Iowa QB we have seen in a long long time. Can't remember seeing a QB at Iowa with so many promising attributes. Really wish he got more playing time his sophomore year. He just seems to get better the more reps he gets. Many QBs with wheels don't have the zip nor the distance on the ball he has. Many QBs that have zip and arm strength don't posses the wheels that he has.

Maybe some similarities to what Greg Davis had at Texas in Colt McCoy also. I think that this is the same offense as last year, but it is being run better.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT