ADVERTISEMENT

American College of Pediatrics Calls For "Immediate" Stop To Leftist Backed Trans "Healthcare" For Minors

Scruddy

HR Heisman
Mar 18, 2021

Wow, what a huge statement. The American College of Pediatrics has called out WPATH (and others) specifically calling their ideas outright harmful. This is long overdue and should have been incredibly obvious to anyone with a reasonable grasp on reality.

Social affirmation, hormones, puberty blockers and surgeries all deemed dangerous.

"Instead, these organizations should recommend comprehensive evaluations and therapies aimed at identifying and addressing underlying psychological co-morbidities and neurodiversity that often predispose to and accompany gender dysphoria"

Actual common sense may prevail yet. This is going to be a very hard and bitter reality for some to accept (no pun intended), especially those who went "all in" with their kids on this insanity.

I don't really have a strong opinion on this topic. That said, I always look into the source of these "voices."

So, for transparency, here's the first paragraph of the Wikipedia entry for the American College of Pediatrics organization:

The American College of Pediatricians (ACPeds) is a socially conservative advocacy group of pediatricians and other healthcare professionals in the United States, founded in 2002. The group advocates against abortion rights and rights for gay, queer, and transgender people. ACPeds promotes conversion therapy and purity culture.[3][4][1] As of 2022, its membership has been reported at about 700 physicians.[5][6][1]

Thus, this position does not appear to be a "huge statement" as the scrudster proclaims. Rather, it is right in line with their usual position.

Per the second paragraph:

The organization's view on the relevance of sexual orientation to parenting differs from the position of the American Academy of Pediatrics, which holds that there is no connection between orientation and the ability to be a good parent and to raise healthy and well-adjusted children.[6][7][8] ACPeds has been listed as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center for pushing "anti-LGBTQ junk science".[3] A number of mainstream researchers, including the director of the US National Institutes of Health, have accused ACPeds of misusing or mischaracterizing their work to advance ACPeds' political agenda.

Oh, and....

mic-drop-obama.gif

Last edited:
I don't really have a strong opinion on this topic. That said, I always look into the source of these "voices."

So, for transparency, here's the first paragraph of the Wikipedia entry for the American College of Pediatrics organization:

The American College of Pediatricians (ACPeds) is a socially conservative advocacy group of pediatricians and other healthcare professionals in the United States, founded in 2002. The group advocates against abortion rights and rights for gay, queer, and transgender people. ACPeds promotes conversion therapy and purity culture.[3][4][1] As of 2022, its membership has been reported at about 700 physicians.[5][6][1]

Thus, this position does not appear to be a "huge statement" as the scrudster proclaims. Rather, it is right in line with their typical response on topics related.

Oh, and....

mic-drop-obama.gif
That's your problem hawki, you only ever read the first paragraph of a wikipedia article (Wikipedia isnt a valid source anyways bro lmfao). You missed some key details buddy. Sorry about your mic drop attempt though.

Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
You have been defeated. Accept your fate.
I can understand why you chose to ignore the "we the undersigned" section. Wouldn't want to offend your already existing worldview.

Way to run a victory lap after falling on your face though. You legit did the meme 😂

Reactions: Here_4_a_Day

Wow, what a huge statement. The American College of Pediatrics has called out WPATH (and others) specifically calling their ideas outright harmful. This is long overdue and should have been incredibly obvious to anyone with a reasonable grasp on reality.

Social affirmation, hormones, puberty blockers and surgeries all deemed dangerous.

"Instead, these organizations should recommend comprehensive evaluations and therapies aimed at identifying and addressing underlying psychological co-morbidities and neurodiversity that often predispose to and accompany gender dysphoria"

Actual common sense may prevail yet. This is going to be a very hard and bitter reality for some to accept (no pun intended), especially those who went "all in" with their kids on this insanity.
JFC! This isn’t a legitimate organization. It’s the Fox News version of pediatricians. Absolutely no credibility within the industry.

That's a political front group.

Not a medical group.

• Haha
Reactions: NotTHATscience1

Thus, this position does not appear to be a "huge statement" as the scrudster proclaims. Rather, it is right in line with their usual position.

The organization's view on the relevance of sexual orientation to parenting differs from the position of the American Academy of Pediatrics, which holds that there is no connection between orientation and the ability to be a good parent and to raise healthy and well-adjusted children.[6][7][8] ACPeds has been listed as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center for pushing "anti-LGBTQ junk science".[3] A number of mainstream researchers, including the director of the US National Institutes of Health, have accused ACPeds of misusing or mischaracterizing their work to advance ACPeds' political agenda.

Oh, and....

mic-drop-obama.gif
SPLC of course is a bit nuts and political anymore, so we can't use them either.

But I'm sure this is a politically oriented group.

Something close to what that statement said will probably end up being the default position in time. As mentioned, lots of European countries are stepping back on this.

America is more politically extreme, so who knows when we'll come around

SPLC of course is a bit nuts and political anymore, so we can't use them either.

But I'm sure this is a politically oriented group.

Something close to what that statement said will probably end up being the default position in time. As mentioned, lots of European countries are stepping back on this.

America is more politically extreme, so who knows when we'll come around

I’d agree. My guess is we will tend more towards the European stance over time. As I said, I don’t really have much passion one way or the other so haven’t researched it well.

That said, I wouldn’t expect this organization to take the lead on making any “wow, huge statements” along the way per the scrudster’s statement. While you focused on the SPLC’s view in your assessment of them, I noted AAP and NIH’s perspective to make mine. Plus, they just crazy based on the eye test. So, using them in an attempt to make some kind of point means you’re either uninformed or a partisan hack.

• Haha
Reactions: NotTHATscience1
You can read all about this garbage organization here:

"Though it sounds official, ACPeds is not the leading organization for U.S. pediatricians; That designation goes to the 67,000-member American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP). ACPeds was founded in 2002 when a small number of socially conservative AAP members broke away from AAP after it endorsed adoption by same-sex couples."

That's your problem hawki, you only ever read the first paragraph of a wikipedia article (Wikipedia isnt a valid source anyways bro lmfao). You missed some key details buddy. Sorry about your mic drop attempt though.
Sometimes that's all that's necessary to register on the ideologically impaired bullshit meter.

Reactions: Scruddy
Yall really want me to bring up the fine people of wpath and how they actually know their recommendations are harmful? Typical leftist denialism even when the experts dog pile on them 😂

"Trust the science!! Wait, not that science!"

Oh, and....

mic-drop-obama.gif
@Scruddy can’t stop embarrassing himself. Has to be a leftist doing a parody.

@Scruddy can’t stop embarrassing himself. Has to be a leftist doing a parody.
Y'all quoting far leftist wikipedia isn't the win you think it is. Even the co-founder of Wikipedia laments on what leftists have done to it. Sorry the actual medical community is shunning your junk science.

Lololololol. I don't see kids at all in my practice, and even I knew that group was a lunatic fringe group without looking it up. Great gotcha', Ryan.
Glad you don't see kids. Would not want you telling parents it is ok to cut their son's nuts off .

And you will get back with us on those key details….when?

Y'all quoting far leftist wikipedia isn't the win you think it is. Even the co-founder of Wikipedia laments on what leftists have done to it. Sorry the actual medical community is shunning your junk science.
I mean.... They're a tiny fringe "medical community", if that's what you mean. The much larger professional pediatric organizations disagree with most of their beliefs.

You know that doesn't actually happen. But hey, keep tilting at windmills, Ryan.
It's what you do to become a woman after you take all the drugs. After these steps, get a surgical vagina. You don't think these procedures are done?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT