ADVERTISEMENT

Andy Ludwig

We are a bad call away from being 11-1 and on the edge of a 12 team playoff picture. If I was a confident OC I would want this job knowing that in a few years (If I do well) I will most likely be the new HC. Pay Phil more, make the right call for the right OC, and let er rip!
If you get Iowa into the playoff picture in year one you probably have solidified a job for a very long time.

Absolutely nobody is saying that. Deacon should not have been the next man in. That's problem number 1. He's actually still kind of slinging it, 28 times the other day and only completing 10. We need so many things on offense I don't know where to begin. This next hire is incredibly huge. Another year of being a bottom 5 offense. We then complain about guys like Vines when he doesn't catch ball or doesn't develop. There's a reason they are coming to Iowa to play wide receiver. We were lucky to get Brown. It's taken 10 games for some reason to really get acclimated but he's it. He's the only legitimate wide receiver we have. If we get another guy that's going to be Kirk's yes man it's not going to work.
It was sarasm.

If Grubbs and Ludwig both end up not "accepting" or get offered, I'd look at Arizona's OC Brennan Carroll. His only strike is he's Pete Carroll's son

I got excited when Tom dropped that on Cory's pod but then I looked...he's almost 60 and he was born and raised in Utah.

It doesn't seem he would move. Whittingham has as much job security as KF.

Reactions: littlez
I got excited when Tom dropped that on Cory's pod but then I looked...he's almost 60 and he was born and raised in Utah.

He nearly left for Notre Dame earlier this year, but ND did not like his buyout.

Pardon? Reality check for Birky, please.

I could see Ludwig working out.
I’m suggesting he said he wanted to retire at Utah before they were relegated to the Big XII. That might change things for him. He may want to be in a major conference. Making Iowa attractive.

Reactions: pistachio1999
I mean that program could be making 100 million in annual tv revenue by joining the BIG, but instead chose to make 60-70million by staying independent. It makes total sense.
Not to mention will NEVER be higher than #5 seed in CFP, even if they are clearly #1.

If Grubbs and Ludwig both end up not "accepting" or get offered, I'd look at Arizona's OC Brennan Carroll. His only strike is he's Pete Carroll's son
Imagine that. The son of a coaching legend proving himself with his own merits….

Reactions: Niko13
According to many here when the west coast teams join Iowa will be a 1-11 or 0-12 team.
i'm actually looking forward to the new additions. if we stick with iowa football we should do very well...all we need is to solidify the ol. these west coast teams are unlikely to dominate the big west leave alone consolidated conference.

I’m a huge Ludwig fan, and would be over the moon if he was the next OC.

I refuse to get excited. Won’t do it.

Andy, I'd love you to join the staff! But... here are the terms. Not too much of this...not too much of that...etc etc. Just manage risk. Can you do that?
And never go to the backup qb no matter how many Tom's he has or how many receivers he's missed

Hmmmm..... Might want to ask OSU if having a very good offense and elite defense ensures a National Championship. It's only the price of admission. It gives you a chance to compete with elite teams who also have that. That's what Iowa, with a bad offense paired with their elite defense, can't do today.
Iowa's defense is better than Ohio State's, at least when it has Cooper DeJean and isn't on the field for 115 plays. But you aren't wrong, they'd still have to execute and win. I just think they'd be on the same level as Georgia is if they even had an average offense. At least one that could score a few points and not go 3 and out every possession.

Texas A&M has him in their sites. People listen when money talks.

• Haha
I’m suggesting he said he wanted to retire at Utah before they were relegated to the Big XII. That might change things for him. He may want to be in a major conference. Making Iowa attractive.
He was seen at a notre dame hockey game with the football coaching staff. He'd leave and he'd be at ND if they hadn't choke on the closing.

Not to mention will NEVER be higher than #5 seed in CFP, even if they are clearly #1.
Are you talking Notre Dame? If Notre Dame finishes a season 12-0 they would certainly get a top 4 seed, conference or no conference. They’ve already been in the the playoffs at least twice, correct? Not being in a conference hasn’t hurt them at all.

Are you talking Notre Dame? If Notre Dame finishes a season 12-0 they would certainly get a top 4 seed, conference or no conference. They’ve already been in the the playoffs at least twice, correct? Not being in a conference hasn’t hurt them at all.
Top 4 seeds of new CFP all go to conference champions. Too lazy to find a link. I will stand corrected if you find something to the contrary.

Yeah you keep believing coaches speak.....

The next morning, Saban called then-MSU athletic director Clarence Underwood.

"It was five-thirty in the morning," Underwood is quoted. "He just said, 'I made a mistake, and I want to come back.' He said he was lonely. He was crying."

But while Ferguson tried to call him throughout the day to say, "Come back, Saban, come back," he couldn't reach him. When he did, Saban had changed his mind again.
tenor.gif

You failed to address anything I said. Nobody can say what would have happended with a healthy Cade at QB this year. But of course, get wild and crazy with a back up QB with the next two top offensive options also down. In case you didn't understand this - it's not a video game being played.
We finished 10-2, should have been 11-1. Couldn't have been much better, even with Cade.

We finished 10-2, should have been 11-1. Couldn't have been much better, even with Cade.
I doubt We need a punt return to win against Minnesota if Cade was in there , Hill gave them half of Their points and missed so many open targets that day it was almost comical if it wasn't so sad.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT