ADVERTISEMENT

Anonymous coach rips "Overrated" Nick Saban for cheating and more

I'm happy to say in a few years when Bama play's Georgia the Bulldogs will have the better roster. Between last year and this year they'll have something like seven 5 star recruits and most of the rest are solid 4 star.

Alabama has averaged five 5* recruits the past five seasons. However, they haven't gotten a commitment for one in the 2019 class so far. It does appear the recruiting competition is tougher for them now.

Alabama has averaged five 5* recruits the past five seasons. However, they haven't gotten a commitment for one in the 2019 class so far. It does appear the recruiting competition is tougher for them now.
After looking again at (Rivals site) the Bulldogs had 8 five stars last year and 2 this year giving them 10. Bama had 3 five star last year and none so far this year. So that's 10-3 if favor of Georgia. I can't say much about any of the other sites.

I'm happy to say in a few years when Bama play's Georgia the Bulldogs will have the better roster. Between last year and this year they'll have something like seven 5 star recruits and most of the rest are solid 4 star.
I guess stars matter to a certain degree and its led to national championships at Alabama. Alabama finished with the No. 1 recruiting class in each season from 2011 to 2017 (that's 7 straight years). The 2018 class ranked as the fifth-best in the country. That's hard to compete with.

Here is the math:

CBS spoke with one-fifth of the 129 active coaches, which is 26 coaches.

13% said KF was overrated, which means 3 of the 26 called him overrated.

I guess those 3 coaches think he makes too much for the 7.5 wins he achieves each year.

But also note that at least 1 coach said KF was underrated (does more with less?), so there are a lot of opinions out there. I am sure there is jealousy out there, too, because Iowa, for whatever reason, has not fired a football head coach over the last 40 years (!!!) after a bad/average stretch.

Ya, that's a +/-17.24 for margin of error. This polling information is horrible at its best and shouldn't be taken seriously. But it's fun to talk about during the off season.

After looking again at (Rivals site) the Bulldogs had 8 five stars last year and 2 this year giving them 10. Bama had 3 five star last year and none so far this year. So that's 10-3 if favor of Georgia. I can't say much about any of the other sites.

I agree with you Georgia has a lot of momentum right now. Other SEC teams have escalated the arms race to compete with Alabama. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out. We may end up with no SEC team having less than two losses per season just because of the distribution of elite players throughout the conference.

Reactions: Hawks_Rock_12
To piggyback on my last post, one could raise the question as to what Georgia did to land eight 5* players last year. When teams suddenly leap to another recruiting level, you can count on shady things going on. See Ole Miss a few years ago.

Reactions: Hawks_Rock_12
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT