ADVERTISEMENT

Another police shooting in Georgia

No.

The question is, if an individual is attacking you and or resisting arrest by being violent, how are you supposed to arrest them? Just Answer the question.

No one wants to review or consider RK’s conduct at all.

Are you suggesting RK had and has no culpability for his actions?
Sir, you need to calm your pro whiteness down. I'm not your enemy. I have admitted he behaved criminally. Correct? Quit grinding an axe like I didn't hear you. The job of a police is to diffuse and to protect. He is entirely culpable for his actions, and NO time, does that validate aggression by the police. Apprehend him as trained and without passion. I can play the video. That's not what happened. You have no argument here. Cease and desist.

Are you somehow trying to say there aren't white cop v. black man unnecessary/illegal actions of massive numbers?

No, I’m not saying that. I specifically stated there are instances of injustices against black people in this country. George Floyd is one, Ahmaud Arbery is another.

Most police in this country are white, most cops are male. Black men commit an outsized amount of violent crime in this country based on their population. That’s just a fact.

Predominantly white male police are going to keep running into black males committing crime. It isn’t new and isn't going to change any time soon.

I’m all for Justice. We also have to hold ourselves as citizens accountable for our own actions which lead us into altercations with the police.

I don’t blame Darren Wilson for doing his job. I blame that one on the 18 year old that thought it was okay to rob a convenience store and punch a cop through his window after being told to get out of the street. Where is the Justice for Darren Wilson? How many slandered him? Death threats, threats of violence, etc? Who is going to seek justice for him?

Last edited:
As brutal is it looked the jury acquitted the officers.
Have you done any research on the LA justice scene of white/black? I don't pretend to know what "should" have happened, but a jury result doesn't always persuade me that justice was served.

Have you done any research on the LA justice scene of white/black? I don't pretend to know what "should" have happened, but a jury result doesn't always persuade me that justice was served.

I’m kinda familiar with things. The jury listened to the evidence and considered King’s actions when rendering their verdict.

Still havent answered “how” officers are supposed to “diffuse” a situation where a person is being violent with officers and or trying to escape. Ask politely?

“Sir, please stop punching me in the face sir.”

No, I’m not saying that. I specifically stated there are instances of injustices against black people in this country. George Floyd is one, Ahmaud Arbery is another.

Most police in this country are white, most cops are male. Black men commit an outsized amount of violent crime in this country based on their population. That just a fact.

Predominantly white male police are going to keep running into black males committing crime. It isn’t new and isn't going to change any time soon.

I’m all for Justice. We also have to hold ourselves as citizens accountable for our own actions which lead us into altercations with the police.

I don’t blame Darren Wilson for doing his job. I blame that one on the 18 year old that thought it was okay to rob a convenience store and punch a cop through his window after being told to get out of the street. Where is the Justice for Darren Wilson? How many slandered him? Death threats, threats of violence, etc? Who is going to seek justice for him?
Now, we're closer. Being a cop, regardless of color, has to be a tough gig. I pray for our police to be safe and mourn when those serving and protecting suffer or die. This is a travesty. However, there is a crazy history of cover-up and reassignment that mimicks the priesthood, the boyscouts, etc. I just think the days of blindly siding with the cop because they have a badge are gone. You need to be trained and do your job damn well or GTFO. There is substantive evidence over a long period of time that abuse exists, and it's time that ends. This is no different than the way other lines of work, including politics, should be handled. I'm not for a "no mercy or compassion stance. I just expect, like pilots or surgeons, you need to do your job well.

Back on point, there are untold numbers of criminals, white or black, who antagonize police. There should be none that look like King's. And, thankfully, most don't.

Still havent answered “how” officers are supposed to “diffuse” a situation where a person is being violent with officers and or trying to escape. Ask politely?

Don't be a dumbass. It's beneath you. At no time have I expected the police to not use force. I expect them to be trained to diffuse the perp(s). I expect to see that training in action and fairly done. Quit trying to avoid the obvious.

People on PCP have a tendency to respond well to a request such as this. They also are very sensitive to pain and will likely acquiesce if there is a thought of pain occurring. The request will have even more validity if it is administered by a social worker rather than a police officer.

People on PCP have a tendency to respond well to a request such as this. They also are very sensitive to pain and will likely acquiesce if there is a thought of pain occurring. The request will have even more validity if it is administered by a social worker rather than a police officer.

Comic relief. Good stuff.

I want to see all these newly deputized social workers doing car chases at 100 mph. What could go wrong?!

Reactions: Nipigu
So, to be clear, were now on to humorous nonsense, yes? I'm cool with that.

Sure why not. Mostly bothered by @Pinehawk ignorance of the Michael Brown case. It bothers me to think anyone still believes Michael Brown was a victim of injustice. He was the perpetrator of crime and instigator of violence.

From the Grand Jury report:

“Wilson and other witnesses stated that Brown then reached into the SUV through the open driver’s window and punched and grabbed Wilson. This is corroborated by bruising on Wilson’s jaw and scratches on his neck, the presence of Brown’s DNA on Wilson’s collar, shirt, and pants, and Wilson’s DNA on Brown’s palm. While there are other individuals who stated that Wilson reached out of the SUV and grabbed Brown by the neck, prosecutors could not credit their accounts because they were inconsistent with physical and forensic evidence, as detailed throughout this report.
Wilson told prosecutors and investigators that he responded to Brown reaching into the SUV and punching him by withdrawing his gun because he could not access less lethal weapons while seated inside the SUV. Brown then grabbed the weapon and struggled with Wilson to gain control of it. Wilson fired, striking Brown in the hand. Autopsy results and bullet trajectory, skin from Brown’s palm on the outside of the SUV door as well as Brown’s DNA on the inside of the driver’s door corroborate Wilson’s account that during the struggle, Brown used his right hand to grab and attempt to control Wilson’s gun. According to three autopsies, Brown sustained a close range gunshot wound to the fleshy portion of his right hand at the base of his right thumb. Soot from the muzzle of the gun found embedded in the tissue of this wound coupled with indicia of thermal change from the heat of the muzzle indicate that Brown’s hand was within inches of the muzzle of Wilson’s gun when it was fired. The location of the recovered bullet in the side panel of the driver’s door, just above Wilson’s lap, also corroborates Wilson’s account of the struggle over the gun and when the gun was fired, as do witness accounts that Wilson fired at least one shot from inside the SUV.”

Not an argument, it's a fact. Heads bleed like a stuck pig. Do you disagree?

Yes I have cut my head. There also appears to be a gash and a bruise. Do you suppose George did that to himself to help make up a story so he could justify a murder? Yeah I don’t know about that.

Now look, everything post incident points to George Zimmerman being a racist piece of trash. That doesnt mean he wasnt attacked though. He probably stalked Trayvon, that still doesn’t justify Trayvon attacking him. If Trayvon really was attacking/beating George’s head into the ground then deadly force in self defense is justified. Like it or not.

Yes I have cut my head. There also appears to be a gash and a bruise. Do you suppose George did that to himself to help make up a story so he could justify a murder? Yeah I don’t know about that.

Now look, everything post incident points to George Zimmerman being a racist piece of trash. That doesnt mean he wasnt attacked though. He probably stalked Trayvon, that still doesn’t justify Trayvon attacking him. If Trayvon really was attacking/beating George’s head into the ground then deadly force in self defense is justified. Like it or not.
My point was not really about the case, I just know that without wiping off the blood you can't tell how bad are the injuries. I spent 34 years as an elementary teacher. I've seen kids rushed in from recess with blood pouring from their heads. Most of the time, after the injury is cleaned up you find a small abrasion or cut. Very few of those injuries resulted in the child needing stitches or a doctor's care.

My point was not really about the case, I just know that without wiping off the blood you can't tell how bad are the injuries. I spent 34 years as an elementary teacher. I've seen kids rushed in from recess with blood pouring from their heads. Most of the time, after the injury is cleaned up you find a small abrasion or cut. Very few of those injuries resulted in the child needing stitches or a doctor's care.

Fair enough.

And? he was probably in shock.

Yeah, good old choirboy George Zimmerman the wannabe cop who chose to stalk and confront with a loaded handgun an unarmed teenager walking through the neighborhood minding his own business. After he was explicitly told by LE to stay home. He’s your golden example of justified self defense? GTFO.

How do you suggest they were to apprehend him and arrest him? He was fighting the officers and they made chokeholds illegal in LA right before that incident. Which ironically contributed to the Rodney King beating.

What principle of yours justifies RK punching / fighting police officers and resisting arrest while high in PCP? This ought to be good.

I was in 6th grade, IIRC, when the Rodney King beating occurred. Refresh my memory, because I thought King was coked out of his mind driving over 100 mph on the freeway and when the cops finally got him stopped they pulled him out of the car and just started wailing on him. I thought the video was pretty cut and dry.

I had an aunt and uncle living in an L.A. suburb at the time of the riots. Weren't rioters pulling people out of their cars and beating them ala the way it happened to King? It's been almost thirty years, so refresh my memory. I thought the Rodney King case was a slam dunk case of police brutality.

I was in 6th grade, IIRC, when the Rodney King beating occurred. Refresh my memory, because I thought King was coked out of his mind driving over 100 mph on the freeway and when the cops finally got him stopped they pulled him out of the car and just started wailing on him. I thought the video was pretty cut and dry.

I had an aunt and uncle living in an L.A. suburb at the time of the riots. Weren't rioters pulling people out of their cars and beating them ala the way it happened to King? It's been almost thirty years, so refresh my memory. I thought the Rodney King case was a slam dunk case of police brutality.

They were giving him directions and he was not being compliant. They were lumping him with batons to get him into a safe cuffing posture. It was a shocking video especially to the public. They were acquitted because the defense methodically showed they were following policy, training, and defensive tactics and Mr King was not compliant.

The officers were then charged and convicted of Federal Civil Rights violations. Mr King received a civil settlement from the city.

They were giving him directions and he was not being compliant. They were lumping him with batons to get him into a safe cuffing posture. It was a shocking video especially to the public. They were acquitted because the defense methodically showed they were following policy, training, and defensive tactics and Mr King was not compliant.

The officers were then charged and convicted of Federal Civil Rights violations. Mr King received a civil settlement from the city.

Yeah, I remember the video. I thought it was shocking too, but I was eleven. I'm just wondering if I am remembering it correctly. It seemed pretty cut and dry.

Yeah, I remember the video. I thought it was shocking too, but I was eleven. I'm just wondering if I am remembering it correctly. It seemed pretty cut and dry.

Yes, the public felt it was too. But the standard is not purely what shocks the public’s consciousness but what would a reasonable and prudent person conclude given the same training and experience of the officers.

Yes, the public felt it was too. But the standard is not purely what shocks the public’s consciousness but what would a reasonable and prudent person conclude given the same training and experience of the officers.

I get your point, and it makes sense from a legal standpoint.

I hope we've had sensible changes since the early '90s, but I am deeply concerned with the direction we're headed today in terms of proposed police reforms.

Reactions: Fluffles

The video was shot by a bystander and was in the middle of the altercation. The video doesn’t show the stop, or RK not complying with any orders, getting out of the car, or what happened up to the point the bystander started filming it.

If you come up to a street fight in the middle of it where one guy is getting whooped, do you not even want to know what happened for it to get to that point?

The public never cared, they just saw a black man getting beat, assumed the worst, and used it as an excuse to riot, loot, and hurt people. The rioters did over $1B in damage. Idiots and criminals, all of them.

Yeah, good old choirboy George Zimmerman the wannabe cop who chose to stalk and confront with a loaded handgun an unarmed teenager walking through the neighborhood minding his own business. After he was explicitly told by LE to stay home. He’s your golden example of justified self defense? GTFO.

No, but a jury of his peers with a hell of a lot more information than you or I did. So I guess I’ll stick around.

If Trayvon Martin was a 17 year old white girl and Zimmerman was a black man, he would be on death row=systemic racism.

Yeah and if my aunt had nuts she’d be my uncle. Are we arguing hypotheticals now?

Link one case where a 17 year old girl has black man pinned down slamming his head into the ground after beating his nose in. That would be newsworthy.

George-Zimmerman-bloody-nose.jpg

The video was shot by a bystander and was in the middle of the altercation. The video doesn’t show the stop, or RK not complying with any orders, getting out of the car, or what happened up to the point the bystander started filming it.

If you come up to a street fight in the middle of it where one guy is getting whooped, do you not even want to know what happened for it to get to that point?

The public never cared, they just saw a black man getting beat, assumed the worst, and used it as an excuse to riot, loot, and hurt people. The rioters did over $1B in damage. Idiots and criminals, all of them.

The difference is police officers aren't street thugs, so higher standards apply.

The question rests solely on what amount of force is necessary for a suspect to be arrested and taken into custody. Sometimes the answer is aggression, and police officers in warranted situations should be given latitude, depending how uncooperative the suspect is. However, latitude does not mean carte blanche. If a suspect has been properly subdued, cuffed, etc., the need for continued baton strikes and clubbing ceases to exist, especially when to do so causes serious injury or death.

Rioters and looters are scum and completely undermine the cause of justice. I would be perfectly okay with the police opening fire on them with impunity (mostly kidding, but still).

Do you believe police EVER act inappropriately?

Such as Chauvin? Additionally I know of law enforcement officers who raped, burglarized, embezzled, shoplifted, perjured, used excessive force, DUI, took bribes, under the influence of prescription drugs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT