ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone binging a good show?

I’m currently doing some British double barreled binging. Season 3 of The Crown, and Luther. Both are excellent.

Reactions: funksouljon
Challenger on Netflix is solid. I’m half way thru ( 4 episodes). Talks about the issues that led up to the explosion (spoiler alert). I was in 5th grade then so I didn’t pay attention to the finer details back then, like I didn’t know the teacher was the first civilian to go up, and also the way they chose the other crew.

Also want to add Social Dilemna on Netflix, about how social media has become a monster that they didn’t realize would grow into. Kind of hard to reverse course with what it’s become.

I did a couple throwbacks last month.
Jericho (wish that had lasted longer)
Eureka (had never seen, meh)

In the queue for when I have time
HandMaidens Tale
Better Call Saul
Altered Carbon
Night Flyers
Narcos
Black Spot

Recently (on going)
The Boys
The Rookie
Lost In Space
Another Life
Dark Matter
Away
Living with Yourself
Expanse (@FSUTribe76 recommendation, solid rec)

I liked Kingdom. Was very surprised at the acting by the Jonas brother. Hell on Wheels was really good (yeah, thanks, 2016 called!)

Has anyone watched To the Lake, it seems right up my alley?

Last edited:
Just finished Raised by Wolves

The Expanse is really good

Wife and I (no pics) just finished what could equate to a modern mini-series.

Little Fires Everywhere

Decent story and RW is really good in it. If you are looking for something tolerable to watch with your SIG this is a good option. Most shows I like she wont watch with me.

MV5BNmEyZjc3MzgtZjU1OS00MDlkLThmOTMtODE5OTlmYmUxMTRmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTM1NjgyNDI@._V1_UY1200_CR85,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg
Also Big Little Lies is pretty good.

Reactions: millah_22
The Crown on Netflix is amazing
Narcos and Narcos Mexico are both excellent
Unbelievable - limited series on a rape victim
Kingdom (MMA version )
Mindhunter
The Last Kingdom

Another one I liked is Norsemen. It’s about Vikings but it’s a comedy and they weave in modern day cultural debates. For instance one episode they will be raping and pillaging and then the next they debate women’s rights. The. One episode their idiot chieftain has them melt all their weapons down to make a big art installation and hold a town play and you can guess how that goes. Anyway I think it’s hilarious. It’s filmed in Norway and they actually film every scene back-to-back - once in English and once in Norwegian. The English version is on Netflix.

For instance here’s a clip where a Viking really wants to go on a raid but his wife won’t let him because they have to go to a dinner party instead. I found it so relatable.

Another one I liked is Norsemen. It’s about Vikings but it’s a comedy and they weave in modern day cultural debates. For instance one episode they will be raping and pillaging and then the next they debate women’s rights. The. One episode their idiot chieftain has them melt all their weapons down to make a big art installation and hold a town play and you can guess how that goes. Anyway I think it’s hilarious. It’s filmed in Norway and they actually film every scene back-to-back - once in English and once in Norwegian. The English version is on Netflix.

For instance here’s a clip where a Viking really wants to go on a raid but his wife won’t let him because they have to go to a dinner party instead. I found it so relatable.

This clip... fantastic. Gonna have to give it a try.

Reactions: Mountain Man Hawk
Somebody recommended The Expanse on Prime in one of these threads a week or two ago. I am five or six episodes in and I’m really enjoying it. The first two were a little slower, but there’s a lot of world building to set up, and then the action really builds.

Season 5 comes out in December

The Crown on Netflix is amazing
Narcos and Narcos Mexico are both excellent
Unbelievable - limited series on a rape victim
Kingdom (MMA version )
Mindhunter
The Last Kingdom
The Crown has attracted a magnificent cast, and is so dedicated to getting all aspects of the period right. Plus, as I follow along I’m learning history, and becoming invested in the people represented.

I have been watching Cougar Town. It's a really stupid funny series. It has great weird quirky characters that make me laugh every episode.

An oldie that I have gotten a couple seasons in that is pretty good- Prison Break. It was a network show so it is limited with what they can pull off but a pretty good show.

• Love
Reactions: Bonnell20
As others have mentioned The Crown on Netflix is very well done. Shameless is good with lots of titties. Peaky Blinders is nice and violent. Altered Carbon recently came out with a second season. That’s a good one. The Witcher is really good. Stranger Things. Spartacus has a bunch of titties and violence. Titties and violence are a great combination.

I need a new nice and violent show. Along the lines of Breaking Bad and Peaky Blinders. I have a lusting that needs satiated. Any recommendations?

As others have mentioned The Crown on Netflix is very well done. Shameless is good with lots of titties. Peaky Blinders is nice and violent. Altered Carbon recently came out with a second season. That’s a good one. The Witcher is really good. Stranger Things. Spartacus has a bunch of titties and violence. Titties and violence are a great combination.

I need a new nice and violent show. Along the lines of Breaking Bad and Peaky Blinders. I have a lusting that needs satiated. Any recommendations?

I thought the first season of altered carbon was excellent. I gave up on the second after 2-3 episodes. It was much worse from what I saw.

Fargo on FX/Hulu- each season is its own cast. 2 is great.

Yellowstone - on Peacock (Paramount Network) I think. Best series out right now.

Reactions: millah_22

I don't know if it is violent enough but Patriot on Amazon is dark, sometimes violent, quirky, hilarious and compelling. Only lasted two seasons but I would have watched 50 seasons.

I thought the first season of altered carbon was excellent. I gave up on the second after 2-3 episodes. It was much worse from what I saw.

After only one viewing I’d say the second season was as good as the first. It gets pretty crazy the farther into it you go. But I’d have to watch it a couple more times to really get a good comparison. I’ve seen season 1 three times.

I don't know if it is violent enough but Patriot on Amazon is dark, sometimes violent, quirky, hilarious and compelling. Only lasted two seasons but I would have watched 50 seasons.

We LOVED Patriot. The dark humor was hilarious and right up my alley.

Are they making another season?

Reactions: GES4
We LOVED Patriot. The dark humor was hilarious and right up my alley.

Are they making another season?

There were two seasons. Both excellent. But now they are done unfortunately. Not renewed. I don't understand why it wasn't the most popular show in Amazon history.

There were two seasons. Both excellent. But now they are done unfortunately. Not renewed. I don't understand why it wasn't the most popular show in Amazon history.

That makes me so sad. It was fantastic.

YES. This show was absolutely great, and a rare show that was still getting better in the second season. The thing about it is the tone is really unique, it takes a while to get your arms around it. I actually watched one episode and was like, "well...ok" and didn't go back to it for months. But a few episodes in, it's one of the best most interesting shows I've watched. Really disappointing that we didn't get more.

YES. This show was absolutely great, and a rare show that was still getting better in the second season. The thing about it is the tone is really unique, it takes a while to get your arms around it. I actually watched one episode and was like, "well...ok" and didn't go back to it for months. But a few episodes in, it's one of the best most interesting shows I've watched. Really disappointing that we didn't get more.

Great cast too. I could watch that woman say Luxembourg over and over again.

And of course, Cool Rick.

We started The Americans and I am really liking it. Just started season 2
I think there is a beating in season 2 by Keri Russell that is my favorite ass kickings I have ever seen on TV. "Show them your face!! Show it to them!!!"

Season 5 comes out in December
Somebody recommended The Expanse on Prime in one of these threads a week or two ago. I am five or six episodes in and I’m really enjoying it. The first two were a little slower, but there’s a lot of world building to set up, and then the action really builds.
Recently (on going)
Expanse (@FSUTribe76 recommendation, solid rec)

The great news about Expanse is that they made it through Book 4/Season 4. I was concerned they’d hit book 4 and get cancelled.

For those who haven’t read the books I’ll keep it spoiler free. But essentially the first three books were intended to be a standalone trilogy. But with the popularity, the author agreed to write 6 more and make it a 9 book series. The problem is that while books 1-3 kind of start small and then unravel some mysteries while becoming a full fledged “space opera” with solar syste’m wide plots and events of importance everywhere there is humanity. But when it came to Book 4 and restarting the essentially finished trilogy, he decided that what fans loved were some main characters and not the giant space opera elements or GOT sized cast and Book 4/Season 4 is very “small” in scope. Essentially only mattering to the small cast of characters.

However, the author fixes that issue in Book 5 and starts to bring all of humanity’s factions back into it and by Book 6 it is a proper huge Space Epic again. And I would go so far as to say while Book 4 was by far my least favorite in the series, I actually have liked Books 5-8 better than the initial 3. So the next several seasons of the Expanse should be amazing!!!

The great news about Expanse is that they made it through Book 4/Season 4. I was concerned they’d hit book 4 and get cancelled.

For those who haven’t read the books I’ll keep it spoiler free. But essentially the first three books were intended to be a standalone trilogy. But with the popularity, the author agreed to write 6 more and make it a 9 book series. The problem is that while books 1-3 kind of start small and then unravel some mysteries while becoming a full fledged “space opera” with solar syste’m wide plots and events of importance everywhere there is humanity. But when it came to Book 4 and restarting the essentially finished trilogy, he decided that what fans loved were some main characters and not the giant space opera elements or GOT sized cast and Book 4/Season 4 is very “small” in scope. Essentially only mattering to the small cast of characters.

However, the author fixes that issue in Book 5 and starts to bring all of humanity’s factions back into it and by Book 6 it is a proper huge Space Epic again. And I would go so far as to say while Book 4 was by far my least favorite in the series, I actually have liked Books 5-8 better than the initial 3. So the next several seasons of the Expanse should be amazing!!!

Its a long time between seasons. I feel like I have not watched it in forever and it was back in April I believe.

Reactions: FSUTribe76

I quit reading after Book 4 because I felt it was getting redundant but that is interesting that you liked 5-8 the best. Maybe I should get back into it.

Reactions: FSUTribe76

I agree. I think his songs to push the narrative during season two were the best. I was literally crying with tears I was laughing so hard at some of them.

I quit reading after Book 4 because I felt it was getting redundant but that is interesting that you liked 5-8 the best. Maybe I should get back into it.

Definitely. Season 4/Book 4 is the small, not very important part of the overall series. The entire important part of that can be summarized in unspoileriffic fashion by saying it resolves Miller’s story arc and I don’t think we will see his character in any form ever again (Still one Mainline book to go so you never know). But other than resolving Miller’s story arc, you could skip the entire book and season.

We started The Americans and I am really liking it. Just started season 2
Look for the Georgetown Arms in season 4. They shot that in front of my old apartment and used our bedroom for a shot on two separate episodes. Each time they shot we received $2000. Not bad for letting them have put some different curtains up in our bedroom for a few hours.

Reactions: StonesCat
The Expanse is currently the best show right now IMO.

Reactions: JRHawk2003
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT