ADVERTISEMENT

DM Restaurant recommendations

lonestar50

HR All-American
Sep 3, 2007
The no pic wife and I will be heading to Des Moines for Les Miserables tomorrow afternoon and looking for a restaurant close by the Civic Center for dinner after the show. Not looking for anything fancy just some good food.

Wife and I went to Bar Nico in the East Village for a date night two weeks ago. Fantastic. Upscale/new age Mexican. I.e. fancy tacos. The East Village has better restaurants than Court Ave but if you want to stay on that side, Court Ave Brewing would be a good choice.

SPLASH​

Seafood Oyster Bar & Grill

The Ahi Poke Tuna Tacos are to die for.

medium

Last edited:
Reactions: OutbackBowl2017
The Stuffed Olive is close and has great martinis as well as other drinks and their food is good. Other option close is Splash. Good place but more spendy.

Any place along Ingersol Ave has great food - Harbinger, Eatery A, Star Bar, Sakari.

Last edited:
The no pic wife and I will be heading to Des Moines for Les Miserables tomorrow afternoon and looking for a restaurant close by the Civic Center for dinner after the show. Not looking for anything fancy just some good food.
Where did you end up going and how was it?

Ended up at Eatery A. Had hummus and roasted beets for appetizer. Both fantastic. I had cavatelli with duck ragu and olives. Great sweet and salty taste. Wife had a wood fire pizza. Everything was really good.

Thanks @OutbackBowl2017
Good choice. Also the best Happy Hour deal in town with half priced pizzas and bottles of wine.

Reactions: lonestar50
Ended up at Eatery A. Had hummus and roasted beets for appetizer. Both fantastic. I had cavatelli with duck ragu and olives. Great sweet and salty taste. Wife had a wood fire pizza. Everything was really good.

Thanks @OutbackBowl2017
Eatery A...is really that in Ingersol? I thought you wanted to stay “close” to downtown.
(BTW...Eatery A is where the legendary HROT poster Cloyd Webb,had his post-burial “lunch” for friends and family. It’s solid food/ menu. Good choice.)

Eatery A...is really that in Ingersol? I thought you wanted to stay “close” to downtown.
(BTW...Eatery A is where the legendary HROT poster Cloyd Webb,had his post-burial “lunch” for friends and family. It’s solid food/ menu. Good choice.)
Yeah I only gave recs that were within walking distance.

Yeah I only gave recs that were within walking distance.
That was the original plan, but the the radius got wider after the show. Less than 10 minute drive wasn't bad.

Reactions: joelbc1
Seems like you had to adjust your restaurant search radius after the show! A less than 10-minute drive doesn't sound too bad though. If you're still on the lookout for more recommendations, perhaps expanding the search radius could lead you to discover some hidden gems for restaurant near me.

Last edited:
Seems like you had to adjust your restaurant search radius after the show! A less than 10-minute drive doesn't sound too bad though. If you're still on the lookout for more recommendations, perhaps expanding the search radius could lead you to discover some hidden gems for restaurant near me.
How big does one need to change the radius to find the hidden gems near the server farm where you're hosted?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT