ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone else watching NBA basketball?

From a guy that went 7 for 13 from 3, including one that must have been 4 feet behind the line. How do you guard a guy with that type of athleticism, but can shoot like him? When he is on, he's virtually un-guardable.
I think you beat Edwards by stopping Towns and Gobert.

And I loved all of those guys, except for Koncak. Laimbeer while a total cheap shot artist was a guy that could spread the floor a bit for a big guy. Not 3 pt range but up to 18 -20 feet. Guys like Oakley, Mahorn were intricate part of teams from the 80’s and 90’s. Enforcers, rebounders, could score 15 on a good night. But in today’s game? No idea where or what they would do. And I’m not saying today’s game is more fun to watch always, especially when teams are chucking and missing 3 after 3.
Your last sentence is why the NBA isn’t my jam. Dribble penetrate, pass off an 8 footer, kick it out and take a contested 26 footer with hand in your face. I don’t have disrespect for the players or their ability, stylistically I just don’t find it enjoyable.

Reactions: littlez
Your last sentence is why the NBA isn’t my jam. Dribble penetrate, pass off an 8 footer, kick it out and take a contested 26 footer with hand in your face. I don’t have disrespect for the players or their ability, stylistically I just don’t find it enjoyable.
I get it. I’m around 60 so it certainly has taken me awhile to come around to guys pulling up on a 3 on 1 fast break for a 3 pointer instead of a layup. But I do enjoy the freedom of movement and how the game is officiated now vs college.

Reactions: jellyfish10
I’ve caught a few playoff games.

Still trying to figure out how this era is better than the 1990s. Someone want to explain it to me?

A lot of isolations and chucking up 3s. Almost nonexistent defense.

The Timberwolves (!!!) are playing the best basketball in the NBA right now. They play the best D in the NBA, too.

They play tonight at 8:30 pm CT on ESPN; they lead the defending NBA champs 2 games to 0.

What makes playing D hard is that defenders can't be in the lane more than 3 seconds; that opens it up for drives to the bucket.

Another reason for so much scoring? Everyone now, including the bigs, can shoot with amazing accuracy.

The Timberwolves were routed by Denver tonight on their home floor, 117-90, and as a result, Minny put in Luka Garza!

Luka's stats:

6 minutes (of 48 possible)

2-2 (100%) FGs

4-4 (100%) FTs

8 Points
2 Rebounds (1 Offensive)

0 Turnovers
0 Fouls

The Timberwolves (!!!) are playing the best basketball in the NBA right now. They play the best D in the NBA, too.

They play tonight at 8:30 pm CT on ESPN; they lead the defending NBA champs 2 games to 0.

What makes playing D hard is that defenders can't be in the lane more than 3 seconds; that opens it up for drives to the bucket.

Another reason for so much scoring? Everyone now, including the bigs, can shoot with amazing accuracy.
I’m watching the Celtics and Cavs right now and I am just in awe of the speed of the game. Guys who are 6’8 fly around like guards. It’s incredible.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT